Help! Crystal Palace or Pirates League.... ?? :)

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
Hi all - I'm planning our family's first WDW trip for this upcoming February and am stuck on planning one particular day of our trip, so I thought I'd crowd-source some help.

Our family is my husband, me, our 3-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son. Both are easy going and fun loving, and I'm pretty sure they're going to love everything we do, no matter what.

But this is a big deal trip for us and we probably won't be back for a few years, so I want it to be the best trip it can be.

So here's my indecision - I'm torn between these two plans (below) and would love help on just making a call on which I should go with so I can stop hemming and hawing! So help me out, and take a vote? Which would you prefer and why? (We already have the bolded reservations, so I'll cancel whichever one we don't go with.)

(This will be our second (and last) day of MK - the first is already set with BOG breakfast and Fantasyland plans.)

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Plan I:
8AM Breakfast at Crystal Palace
9AM: Tomorrowland
11AM: Adventureland
1PM: Lunch / back to hotel
(We'll be back later in the day for the Fireworks Dessert Party)

Plan II:
9AM: Tomorrowland
10AM: Pirates' League pirate & mermaid packages
11AM: Adventureland
1PM: Lunch / back to hotel
(We'll be back later in the day for the Fireworks Dessert Party)

I would go with Pirates' League personally, only because my DD is way more into mermaids than she is Pooh.

It's been years since we did Pirates League....they didn't even have the Mermaid Package at the time. The experience was so much fun and DD loved it....I want to say she was around 5. The pictures were adorable!

Crystal Palace is fun too but unless they have a love for Pooh and friends, I would do Pirates League. You could always do Crystal Palace on the next trip.

Have a great trip!

Are your kids big fans of face-painting and/or dress up? If yes, I would go for Pirates League a thousand percent. My DD did it when she had just turned 4 and loved it. I think its better than BBB.

Personally, I love Crystal Palace - its my favorite character meal. I think us adults love it.... but the kiddos are kind of meh about Pooh IMHO. Also, I find it kind of stressful to get to those 8 AM breakfasts.... rushing in the AM with little ones is not fun.

I would go with Crystal Palace, but I love the Pooh characters, and so do my kids.

On our first trip we were near some kids that had just been made up and they were freaking out itchy complaining from the hairspray non-stop, and the mom promised they could go wash it out as soon as they got back to the hotel, and she would never make them do it again.

If your kids are big Pooh fans, I’d do Crystal Palace. Otherwise I would do Pirates League. We did C.P. last May and it was nice but other than the characters nothing to write home about. I feel like most kids get more opportunities to have a nice breakfast than to get made over into a pirate (or mermaid).

Pirates League! I've done both and hands down would pick pirates league over Crystal Palace every time! We just looked at some pics of our trip and they dont even remember the Crystal Palace but they remember every detail of pirates League and still have some of the "treasures" 5 years later!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1537447151678.jpg
    FB_IMG_1537447151678.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 7

It just depends on your kids. Do they like pirates and mermaids? Do they like playing dress up and having makeup on their faces? Do they like Winnie the Pooh? Based on my DS's reaction to Pirate's League, I would choose Crystal Palace. Pirate's League took about an hour and there was a lot of waiting around. He got bored really fast. But that's just him! Another option is Crystal Palace and stopping at the face painting booth in Tomorrowland. They are both great experiences. Maybe ask them what they would prefer? There are videos on youtube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts