Help Camera Disk Problem

Patrick IL.

Dis Poster
Can anyone help me, I took 11 disks of pictures-Sony MVC-FD7. Used Imation 2HD IBM formatted 1.44MB disks. I am running Windows ME. I looked at all the pictures this a.m. on computer, gave them titles, also kept viewing through camera all trip. Now one disk, which I have great pics on is giving me a message that it is not formatted :confused: I put it back in the camera and it says disk error:eek: I am afraid I will lose all pics if I indeed format it, Mickey with family ect... Anyone have a suggestion? Is there a way to retrieve these pictures? Any help would be appreciated:confused: Pat

I've never used one, Patrick, so I'm afaid I'm of no help. :(

Maybe this bump will catch someones attention who can help.

About all I can suggest is trying that diskette in another computer. Sometimes those things are a bit temperamental.

If you format it, you will effectively loose the files that are there. Unless you do a full format the files may still be there but won't show up. There are some tools out there for reconstructing files and the file directory on a floppy. I'm sorry that I don't have any that I can think of right now to suggest. Do you have an IT department at work where you could take it to the people that work there?

Sorry I can't help more.

Thanks guys, someone hooked me up with a couple companys who can recover, for anywhere from $75-$150:( I suppose we will have to decide if that is worth it or not. I am going to talk to the Techs at work and see on Monday- appreciate your imput-Pat

Patrick,
I posted this on the community board so you might have already seen it but I would run scandisk on your floppy before paying anyone to recover your data. Sometimes one bad block on the boot sector of a disk can cause the error you're having.

Dave thanks I did try that, no luck it will not read it and wants me to format prior to running a scan- Thanks Pat

Sorry to hear that...

I love the features on the Mavica (we have them at school) but you gotta get those pictures off the floppy quick!
Hope you get your photos back. Sam's Club lost a roll of my film last year with pictures of my young neice and nephews at MK. Irreplaceable...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter