Help!! Blonde hair turning a pinkish hue

melk

DIS Veteran
I have blonde hair with lowlights and recently my bangs have started to get a pinkish hue to them. My hairdresser and I are kind of stumped.

It’s just my bangs so I’m thinking it’s something I’m putting on my face. I’ve used the same neutrogena moisturizer for years as well as the same foundation (and I don’t put a lot on my forehead as my bangs cover it). I do sometimes use Urban Decay makeup setting spray and that’s the product I suspect the most.

Has this ever happened to any of you? Any advice?

Thanks!

What’s wrong with being sexy? (Sorry, can’t resist the opportunity for a Spinal Tap quote)

Are you using any kind of sunscreen near your bangs? I had my hair turn pink while getting lowlights this summer, with blonde highlights, when I started using a banana boat scalp sunscreen, although my issue was during the actual processing, it was the only new thing I was using and hasn't happened since so it had to be the sunscreen. I do use a purple shampoo or conditioner at least a couple times a week to combat brassiness in my bottle blonde hair, not sure if that would help combat the pink or not.

Edited to add: when this happened to me, and before I remembered the new sunscreen, my hairdresser asked if I was on any new medications or had changed birth control, as she has seen odd reactions a couple times from these types of changes in her other clients.

Are any of your regular products new packages that you just purchased recently? Is it possible that they reformulated something in your regular products and you are now having an issue?

I use that same setting spray on my blonde highlighted hair with lowlights and have never had an issue, but everyone reacts differently.

Last edited:
Are you using any kind of sunscreen near your bangs? I had my hair turn pink while getting lowlights this summer, with blonde highlights, when I started using a banana boat scalp sunscreen, although my issue was during the actual processing, it was the only new thing I was using and hasn't happened since so it had to be the sunscreen. I do use a purple shampoo or conditioner at least a couple times a week to combat brassiness in my bottle blonde hair, not sure if that would help combat the pink or not.

Edited to add: when this happened to me, and before I remembered the new sunscreen, my hairdresser asked if I was on any new medications or had changed birth control, as she has seen odd reactions a couple times from these types of changes in her other clients.

Are any of your regular products new packages that you just purchased recently? Is it possible that they reformulated something in your regular products and you are now having an issue?

I use that same setting spray on my blonde highlighted hair with lowlights and have never had an issue, but everyone reacts differently.

My hairdresser mentioned sunscreen but I don’t use it on my forehead or near my bangs.

I’m still leaning towards the makeup setting spray. I looked up the ingredients and there were a ton, the majority of which I doubt I could pronounce.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts