Help/advice please on a 1 night stay.

Lashed34

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. We're starting to plan for our next trip in December 22 and we're looking to stay at one at the premium hotels (with free express pass) for 1 night.

The Universal site quoted over $1100.00 for 2 of us, with 2 day 3 park passes.

Hard Rock Orlando website quoted $309 plus we'd pay (currently) $350 for 2 2 park passes (we're not going to volcano bay).

These prices are hugely different, am I best planning it with Dreams Unlimited when we can book for that period or is there anywhere else that would offer stay/tickets?

I know the premium hotels are more expensive but $1100.00 for 1 night seems hugely expensive when we paid $6000 for 2 weeks plus flights, plus tickets at HRH last December.

EDITED TO ADD - Prices quoted are for Dec 2021 and we are also planning a 17 night stay at Disney, but want to spend 2 days at UO with the express pass and hotel stay for 1 night as we feel it's the cheapest and more efficient option - please advise if you have any other suggestions.

Last edited:
Agree with Welsh_Dragon. With Universal, my experience has been purchasing a "package" stay costs more and usually will have a more restrictive refund/cancellation policy.

I can only remember getting a true "packaged" stay once. And the only reason I did it was I used credit card points for a 3 night stay at PBR and I think it even included meals as well. This was a long time ago, like 15 or so years ago, when Universal had partnered with Chase and had a Universal branded CC program. I was definitely sad to see that credit card go away. :(

Agree that booking separately is usually cheaper and much more flexible. You can cancel the room 5 days out and you can wait to buy tickets until you get there.

Even for your 1 night stay, you might save money upgrading one ticket to a Seasonal Pass if you can get an APH rate for your room. I tested with Dec 7 2020 at HRH. Regular price is $334, but the APH rate is $189.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!