Help a stressed chaperone out!

Mandy_in_NC

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>My name is Mandy an
Ok guys I have a couple of questions for you knowledgeable people. My family and I are chaperoning a high school band trip to Walt Disney World at the end of the month. After the band leaves we are going to stay and have a family vacation. For the family vacation we are booked on site and we have our fast passes made, got our magic bands in the mail and all that good stuff. With the band we will be staying off site. We have tickets through the band that are good for 3 days no park hopping or anything like that. The band director sent me a copy of the tickets and I have added them to my Disney account online and they are showing up for all 4 of us but I can not make any fast passes for those days. Every time I try to make fast passes for the days with the band I get this message
FastPass+ Limit Reached
These Guests have reached their maximum FastPass+ allotment. To continue, remove them from your party. Their existing plans won't change. Or, go back and select a date for which you already made FastPass+ selections.
What in the world am I doing wrong? We are less than 30 days out from this trip. As a matter of fact we are 21 days out from our first park day today. How can I make my fast passes for the 3 park days with the band? I don't want to mess with the ones I have already made for the family trip. I have gone in and picked the days with the band and what park we will be in that day but every time I try to make the fast pass I get the error message I posted above. Can you guys help a stressed band chaperone out?

My first thought reading this is how long are you staying after the band leaves? Here is the issue. You have an offsite followed by an onsite. I am assuming this would work like my annual pass which means when you are staying offsite you can have no more than 7 days worth of FP booked. So since you booked your onsite first, if you have 7 days worth of tickets there it's not going to allow you to book the offsite FP as the system sees it at you having 7 days worth already. I hope this makes sense. I think the only way around that would be to talk to tech support.

My first thought reading this is how long are you staying after the band leaves? Here is the issue. You have an offsite followed by an onsite. I am assuming this would work like my annual pass which means when you are staying offsite you can have no more than 7 days worth of FP booked. So since you booked your onsite first, if you have 7 days worth of tickets there it's not going to allow you to book the offsite FP as the system sees it at you having 7 days worth already. I hope this makes sense. I think the only way around that would be to talk to tech support.

I have only made 4 days worth of fast passes for the on site part of the trip. If that is the case does that mean I would have to give up the fast passes I have scheduled for the on site to be able to make the ones for off site first?

I honestly don't know the answer. Maybe? I really think this is something you should call tech support for. I'd hate for you to delete a day's worth of FP to discover that it hasn't solved anything.

How many day ticket do you have for the on-site part? 4 days? If I understand correctly, you have 2 separate tickets; the 3 day from the band and a 4 day you purchased. The MDE app may not recognize the second ticket and since you have booked 4 days of FPs the system is not letting you book more. Try following the instructions from the error message you received; i.e. remove all 4 of you from the party and then try to proceed from the start.

You can try reassigning one of the Band tickets to a fake person in your MDX account and check to see if FP booking is available for that fake person.

If the FP booking window isn’t open for the fake person, that means the Band ticket isn’t yet valid for booking FPs. It may be date specific or it may have a shorter 7-day booking window which is what CMs have.

I don’t know how you are loading your tickets but this is what I have done in the past. I had our own tickets and I had tickets for the UCA Cheer comp. I listed the UCA listed as a different person for me and my daughter.

So my account showed:

Sally
Susie
Sally UCA
Susie UCA

I just put her words UCA after the name so I knew those were the Cheer tickets. I hope this helps.

I don’t know how you are loading your tickets but this is what I have done in the past. I had our own tickets and I had tickets for the UCA Cheer comp. I listed the UCA listed as a different person for me and my daughter.

So my account showed:

Sally
Susie
Sally UCA
Susie UCA

I just put her words UCA after the name so I knew those were the Cheer tickets. I hope this helps.
Ok so I went and made a Mandy Band and then assigned the ticket to that account and it did open it to where I could make fast passes for that one. But will it matter what name I have assigned to it when we actually get to Disney? We have 3 days with the band and a 6 day hotel reservation and park hoppers for 5 days. The band is staying until close on Feb 4th and then they are coming home. We will check into our hotel on that Saturday but we will use our last 1 day ticket from the band that day in the park. We are not planning on adding our 3 one day tickets to our magic bands because I am afraid the wrong ticket will get used for that Saturday.

Ok so I went and made a Mandy Band and then assigned the ticket to that account and it did open it to where I could make fast passes for that one. But will it matter what name I have assigned to it when we actually get to Disney? We have 3 days with the band and a 6 day hotel reservation and park hoppers for 5 days. The band is staying until close on Feb 4th and then they are coming home. We will check into our hotel on that Saturday but we will use our last 1 day ticket from the band that day in the park. We are not planning on adding our 3 one day tickets to our magic bands because I am afraid the wrong ticket will get used for that Saturday.
Nothing is added to the MagicBand - all data is linked to the Profiles in your MDX account. MBs linked to those Profiles provide the link to the data allowing you to enter parks and FP lines.

Mandy Band won’t have a MB so will use the ticket at the park entrance and FP lines. You’ll have to plan on the same for anyone else using a band ticket and who you’ve listed separately in MDX such as Dad Band, Mom Band etc.

Nothing is added to the MagicBand - all data is linked to the Profiles in your MDX account. MBs linked to those Profiles provide the link to the data allowing you to enter parks and FP lines.

Mandy Band won’t have a MB so will use the ticket at the park entrance and FP lines. You’ll have to plan on the same for anyone else using a band ticket and who you’ve listed separately in MDX such as Dad Band, Mom Band etc.
Thank you so much. I have all the tickets assigned to band except 1 and the site went down. When I can get it moved I will then make the fast passes.

I am a teacher who has brought their ensemble many times, both onsite and offsite stays. Every offsite stay we have made FPs at the 30 day mark. I always have had other tickets assigned to me along with the school trip tix. AP, no experiation, other tickets (before they made them expire each year) and never had a problem. I say call tech support. There is a Stitch in that glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!