Help a DL Newbie Choose a Hotel

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

hammie59

DIS Veteran
We plan on walking to the park, but will have a rental car. CCI has free parking and GL charges a fee. However, CCI is more $ per night so it almost evens out. Most important to me is room cleanliness, safety, and convenience to DL. I’m leaning towards CCI based on reviews and atmosphere of the hotel, but GL seems like a good contender. Feel free to add any comments on why you voted for your choice. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I’ve heard the rooftop bar is crazy loud at the GL if you’re anywhere close. Only positives with CCI!

I voted other
For the shortest walk definitely Desert Inn and Suites For the cheapest rooms, and free parking Motel 6 MainGate (need to use ART to get to the park )

If you will be back in your room before the rooftop bar closes, then be prepared for noise at the GL. We could hear the bar from across the street. My vote is for CCI all the way. Clean (!), friendly and helpful staff (great customer service every time), generous free breakfast, free parking, clean laundry facilities, private shuttle that runs on time with very helpful drivers, close enough to walk, etc. Right next door to 2 convenience stores in case you need something. The money we saved on breakfast and parking really came in handy in the parks. CCI offers a variety of discounts. Call to see if you qualify for something.

I like the Desert Inn and Suites. It is super close to the parks entrance, clean, staff has always been friendly. They do have a basic breakfast but we usually just grab a danish or a banana and just go to the parks. Book early for the best deals but keep checking for price drops. I booked our May trip in Nov, the rate was $116 a night, it is now down to $87 a night. They do charge for parking ($11) but even then it is much cheaper than anything else nearby.

We have also stayed at the Tropicana and at the HoJo. Both were very good too.

I'm a fan of both Desert Inn and Del Sol. Both have reasonable prices and I actually think it's a shorter walk then the DL hotel.

I haven't stayed at either, but read only positives about CCI and read several bad things about Grand Legacy.

Love CCI.....all the things listed by pp above. We have always been happy there, and great customer service. The shuttle is a nice perk (only for CCI), but it is a very, very easy walk to the parks....don't even have to cross Harbor Blvd.!!!

If we stay offsite we like BWPPI (Best Western Park Place Inn). It's clean, recently updated with new furnishings, free breakfast, great staff, and RIGHT across from the pedestrian crosswalk to DLR. They do charge for parking, but I believe it's $10 a day.

We love the Hyatt Place. It's kitty corner (sort of) to the CCI. Their rooms are large, nice pool, great breakfast, and walking distance to the parks. Larger families will enjoy the pull out beds and spacious feel of the rooms (they all have corner couches that have pull out beds). They even have larger rooms for an additional charge.

Note, I'm biased because I use a Chase credit card that can transfer points to the Hyatt program. I suggest everyone sign up for the Hyatt and/or Sapphire preferred card. As a sign on bonus, they give you 40,000 or 50,000 points which is about 3 free nights at the Hyatt Place.

Free nights at a great hotel. That is hard to beat.

We are paying w/taxes incl $137/night for a queen-queen room at Anaheim Plaza. Short walk to Park entrance. Clean, nothing fancy recently renovated. Nice grounds, huge pool, great Pizza Press restaurant. From our room in Sept I could see Guardians of The Galaxy. Returning at end of April.
Our last stay there was a problem with A/C unit and broken safe. Phoned front desk and someone from maintenance was up in minutes to fix everything. Excellent staff.

There’s no better Good Neighbor hotel than Candy Cane Inn! Free shuttle with kind drivers and they are very punctual. Nice spread for breakfast every morning (coffee isn’t terrible either). The grounds are beautiful. Front desk staff are very accommodating. Rooms are clean and it’s pretty quiet. We love CCI! Oh and free parking.

My first choice is Park Vue Inn, right at the crosswalk to the entrance. Free parking and breakfast. We’re staying there this weekend, $139 a night

I voted other. BWPPI and Tropicana have always been our go to hotels. Nothing special but I’m all about the location! This year due to budget we’re giving the Desert Inn a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter