Help! 40th Birthday in the parks

MarkyMouse

Mouseketeer
My family will be in the parks on my wife's 40th b-day. I am not very creative. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to make the day extra special. We are Disney vets. We have eaten at most every restaurant in the parks. I am looking for funny suggestions as well as anything to make the day extra special. Thanks.

Don't forget to collect a birthday button at whatever park you are in. The CMs will tell you Happy Birthday, and so will the guests. The birthday buttons help with other magic, but it depends on the CM, so don't count on it. I celebrated my 40th b-day this past February. It was a blast to be at WDW for this special birthday!

Marie

I went for my 50th and took DH last year for his 57th - th button gets you so much attention that it is criminal! We both loved it.

When you make PS for room or meal be sure to mention that it is your birthday - we often got free dessert to share.

Make sure that your resort also knows that you are coming to Disney to celebrate "your wife's 40th birthday." On the trip that I celebrated my 50th, I had a beautiful flower arrangement waiting for me in my resort room when I returned from the parks. The vase was a beautiful royal blue with a etching of Mickey on it. This kind of surprise is "not to be expected" but depending on the resort sometimes done.

Also, be sure that your wife wear's her "birthday button" all day.

Have fun!

My wife and I went down for my 40th and our 10th. I had my Bday pin on of course which was great ! I have never had some many people say happy birthday to me in my life. My wife must have spoken to someone at the Chef's of Paris, because after dinner the waiter came out with this piece of flourless chocolate cake with Happy Birthday Dan written on the plate in chocolate. With a candle too!! That made my day complete. She as well must have informed the front desk at the GF upon our arrival we found flowers & cards for our anniversary, as well as a little bottle of champagne

Happy Birthday MarkyMouses wife!

I read in one of the post about a family that was celebrating a birthday. The birthday person had a shirt - that said on the front - it's my birthday and on back it said I'm 40! Then everyone with them had a shirt that said - I'm with " name " and he/she is forty!. Might be fun. Make sure she is ok with turning forty. Some people are kinda funny about it. Me, I don't feel forty-two so I'm not going to worry about it. Have a great time and tell your wife Happy Birthday... Life begins at 40!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I got my DBF an Illuminations Cruise last Jan. for his 44th B-day (the night of his birthday). Boy, was he surprised!!! My DB & DSIL joined us, along with 3 other couples (1 celebrating a b-day, 1 a honeymoon). It was a blast!!! The boat had a banner on the side saying Happy Birthday & balloons. We also brought a cake on board.

It was really magical!!! :teeth:

I will also be spending my 40th b-day at WDW. I booked the Hoop Dee Doo Review for my dinner.

Keep the ideas coming. Someone remind me, how far in advance can PS's be made? 60 or 90 days? Can you tell my DW usually takes care of this stuff? Where do I get the b-day button, city hall?

DH treated me to a trip to WDW for my 40th last year! My special event was one of the behind the scenes tours at AK and dinner at Boma. I just wore the birthday button and got lots of attention from cast members, including a special dessert and a card signed by many of the cast members from Africa.

We will be at WDW for my 41st this year, too. Just starting to think about where to go for dinner - leaning toward Ohana's timed so that we can see Wishes from the restaurant.

Looks like the World is a popular spot for 40th birthdays! :earsgirl: We are heading there next THURSDAY :bounce: to celebrate my 40th and dh's 38th!!!:jumping1:

So far, I am doing the planning (Disney is "my thing") and I've planned HDDR for one night, Ohana for one night, and LTT for our actually birthday dinner since I want to be in MK for Spectro and WISHES! I'm also going to get us both the birthday buttons, hopefully from all the parks. We will also go to see Cirque that week and go parasailing. I did mention that it was a birthday trip to CRO when I booked, but I am not counting on anything.

I wonder who can reserve a dinner 2 YEARS in advance? I wish that I was that organized!

Barbara

my mom got a button in DL it was a lot of fun. EVERYONE says happy birthday. We were on the jungle cruise and we sung happy birthday and made jokes like.. throw her in its her birthday or please mr. head shrinker take her head its already too big today... ITS HER BIRTHDAY haha its a lot of fun .

Originally posted by snowflake82
DH treated me to a trip to WDW for my 40th last year! My special event was one of the behind the scenes tours at AK and dinner at Boma. I just wore the birthday button and got lots of attention from cast members, including a special dessert and a card signed by many of the cast members from Africa.

We will be at WDW for my 41st this year, too. Just starting to think about where to go for dinner - leaning toward Ohana's timed so that we can see Wishes from the restaurant.

Does anyone know what my options are with my children if my wife and I took one of the behind the scenes tours? Is child care provided or would I have to arrange it myself.

Where do I get the b-day button, city hall?

Just celebrated my 50th and my friends 26th in the parks - soooo much fun !!
Yes, at MK you can pick up a b-day button at city hall - at AK we picked them up at Guest Services to the right of the main entrance - at Epcot go to Guest Services just to the left of the entrance to SE - also had them at MGM, Guest Services on the left just after the entrance, but that one was the same as MK button. I heard a rumor that they will soon go to one button for all the parks - we loved collecting and wearing the different ones!! We really enjoyed all the attention we got while wearing the buttons - the CM at the entrance to Little Mermaid even called me to the front of the line, handed me the phone and said "I have a special phone call for you" - it was Goofy wishing me a Happy Birthday!:smooth: Have Fun !!!

I just have to chime in here because TODAY is my 40th birthday!

Anyway, you may want to let her get a manicure or a massage or something completely relaxing that's just for her. If you take charge of the kids and let her be "duty-free" for the day, I think she'd love it!

Congratulations to all us "Over-Forties!"

We surprised DS with an Illuminations cruise for his birthday. They had a cake with his name on it and straemers on the boat.

We stayed at the Grand Floridian and stayed in a room which had a perfect view of the fireworks, too.

DS loved it.

I didn't know about the birthday buttons, though. I'll have to check that out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter