Hello, This is Joe. I'm a medicare service provider on a recording line....

Feralpeg

Living and Loving Windermere!
I get this call at least three times a day. He says the above and then, it hangs up. It is always from a different number, so I can't block it.

Obviously, this is a scam, but I can't figure the point of it...other than to drive me crazy. Any idea what it is trying to accomplish? I'm stumped.

Maybe to get you to call back. I remember my local news telling about a scam where they would call, hang up, and whenever you call back somehow it charged you. Not sure how, I just remember it.

Maybe to get you to call back. I remember my local news telling about a scam where they would call, hang up, and whenever you call back somehow it charged you. Not sure how, I just remember it.

It hangs up before leaving a number. Maybe, I could call back on my cell. I wouldn't. Crazy. Thanks!

There are all sorts of scams out there. My favourite was the one where someone phoned me and informed me that he was "from the internet" and that he could tell from my screen that I had "the malariaware virus" and to fix it he needed my bank details.

Um, no.

It hangs up before leaving a number. Maybe, I could call back on my cell. I wouldn't. Crazy. Thanks!
If I remember right it was that people would look at their caller ID and call that number back. All this is going off memory from a news story that I saw and probably watched while distracted.
On a side note though, I like to have fun with callers now. I start pretending I’m in the middle of
‘cough’ self coitus ‘cough’
and ask their name, what their wearing, if they like potatoes?

They're tempting you. Somehow they would get some money off you. No idea how, but avoid them like the plague. It's like spam emails with an "unsubscribe" link. NEVER CLICK IT! Doing so will embed you on their database for ever more.

These people have no lives.

They're tempting you. Somehow they would get some money off you. No idea how, but avoid them like the plague. It's like spam emails with an "unsubscribe" link. NEVER CLICK IT! Doing so will embed you on their database for ever more.

These people have no lives.
That’s my understanding as well, I never quite knew how they got money, or what the scam was. I just heard not to call them back.

I have been getting them from the national hearing center :rotfl: Everyday so now I am going to wait it out till i get someone on the line and then gather info and then tell them i have their info so dont call back

I have been getting them from the national hearing center :rotfl: Everyday so now I am going to wait it out till i get someone on the line and then gather info and then tell them i have their info so dont call back

National hearing center? Sounds like a good one to put an air horn through your end....

There appears to be a current scam where they try to get you to (1) give up your personal information over the phone and (2) pay for a temporary card until your new one comes in the mail.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/new-medicare-card-scam/

Hey, maybe "Rachel" at Credit Card Services is married to "Joe". I'm sure they make a cute couple.
We have been getting "Rachel" recently. If we are home and it is not a number we recognize it just goes to voicemail. I love the calls helping to repay our college loans since we were both out of college during the Reagan administration.

I never answer a call if I do not recognize the number. If it's important, the caller will leave a voice mail.

I’m with you. I can’t imagine answering an unknown number, why would you even bother? If I know you, you’re in my address book; if you’re not in my address book, I don’t know you. If it’s important, leave a message. If you don’t leave a message I’ll simply block your number.

If you just can’t control yourself enough to not answer your phone, make your default ringer a silent one, and only assign an audible ringer to people in your address book.

That is called a Ping Call. I just got one. Here is what it said when I looked the number up online.
Here's the new scam of the moment: The Ping Call. You receive a missed call that you do not know. You call back and you are charged a lot (a whole lot (several dollars per minute)).

That is called a Ping Call. I just got one. Here is what it said when I looked the number up online.
Here's the new scam of the moment: The Ping Call. You receive a missed call that you do not know. You call back and you are charged a lot (a whole lot (several dollars per minute)).
Thank you for the information. Was wondering how I got so many "missed calls".

check with your provider. ATT has an app on the iphone that basically filters out all the known spam calls. It has dropped my calls down by a lot.
Been wanting to pick some up and forward them to the time wasting bot.

Honestly, i wish i knew how to intercept these calls, this guy i know build one for his landline, basically tells the person on the phone that if he was a real person, dial 1 to continue. filters out 99% of all spam calls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter