Hello my Friends...A MARVELous Anniversary cruise on the Magic with MDAS Jan 2019

Thanks for reading along, I hope the freezing rain doesn’t slow down your travel! There was an optional dress up night. We didn’t really dress up this cruise, other than my night at Palo, I changed into capris vs shorts for dinner and a nicer than a T-shirt top (except marvel day, I kept my captain America shirt on lol). Happy travels!

Thanks. I'm trying to fit everything into a carryon, not sure why because I intend to check it. Amazing how much I'm packing just for five nights. I guess I want to be prepared for cold at night. I'm going with my son who won't have anything "nice" so I think I'll just take a slightly nicer t-shirt. I can't wait!

Thanks. I'm trying to fit everything into a carryon, not sure why because I intend to check it. Amazing how much I'm packing just for five nights. I guess I want to be prepared for cold at night. I'm going with my son who won't have anything "nice" so I think I'll just take a slightly nicer t-shirt. I can't wait!

It was cooler than I was expecting, especially near Miami. My hubby, who runs cold, was wishing he had brought some warmer clothes. Have a blast, it’s an amazing 5 days!!

It was cooler than I was expecting, especially near Miami. My hubby, who runs cold, was wishing he had brought some warmer clothes. Have a blast, it’s an amazing 5 days!!

That's a good reminder. I think I'll throw in some more warm stuff. I could stay in NY is I wanted to :cold:

I enjoyed your report, thanks for writing it. I think you may have been on the same cruise as a couple that Vlogs about Disney. They're pretty popular, their channel is The Tim Tracker. :goodvibes

I enjoyed your report, thanks for writing it. I think you may have been on the same cruise as a couple that Vlogs about Disney. They're pretty popular, their channel is The Tim Tracker. :goodvibes

Just looked them up, they were on the MDAS just before ours but now I'm addicted, I wish I had seen this before we left, SO exciting!! I think I know what I"m going to be doing the next several days, watching vlogs lol!

Thanks for reading along :)

Just looked them up, they were on the MDAS just before ours but now I'm addicted, I wish I had seen this before we left, SO exciting!! I think I know what I"m going to be doing the next several days, watching vlogs lol!

They are really good IMO. They've been doing it for ten years now. Tim really gets a great perspective on all things in Orlando. Not just Disney.

I am loving your trip report! We leave for the WBPC Cruise in less than two weeks and I think our next cruise will be a Marvel Cruise. I aLso totally relate to your quote about spending theee dollars in a week or a hundred in five minutes. Although on a Disney Cruise I think it is easier to spend the 100 in five minutes than the three dollars in a week.

I am loving your trip report! We leave for the WBPC Cruise in less than two weeks and I think our next cruise will be a Marvel Cruise. I aLso totally relate to your quote about spending theee dollars in a week or a hundred in five minutes. Although on a Disney Cruise I think it is easier to spend the 100 in five minutes than the three dollars in a week.

Enjoy PC, hands down the best cruise we've ever taken!!! I had my DH convinced to go again in 2020, then the early dates came out and put a kabash to it, too early in the year to pull the kids out of school. I told DH, as soon as they are in college, we are booking PC again (assuming we aren't bankrupted by high college costs lol).

Really enjoyed your trip report as it gave me a good rundown of what this trip will be like as I just booked (last night) for Feb 2020 Western Carib. MDAS. and this will be our 1st time on Disney Magic (sailed last 2 times on Fantasy). As usual, it'll be me, my mom & my sister on Disney cruise so this TR was a good adult only perspective.
Only thing I'm not looking forward to is that this will be our shortest Disney cruise ever...sad that MDAS are 5 nighters yet star wars is 7 nights.

Only thing I'm not looking forward to is that this will be our shortest Disney cruise ever...sad that MDAS are 5 nighters yet star wars is 7 nights.

Thanks for reading. It was our shortest cruise too. It went by fast, but for a first trip without kids, it was just the right length. We are doing a 12 night family cruise in 2020, really looking forward to that.

Hello all. I'm back again with another trip report. This will be my 3rd time doing this, the links to my other reports are down in my signature (at least I think they are, I'm not the most computer literate). I loved re-living our travels, so thought I would try my hand at writing again.

A quick intro for those who haven't read a trip report of mine before, I am a nearly 40 (eek) year old Occupational Therapist, my DH a definitely 40-something year old businessman who live in the Midwest. Our 15th wedding anniversary was the week before we sailed, gosh that makes me sound old. We have 11 year old twins, who for the first time, were not coming with us. Although they were bummed that they were not cruising, they were super excited to spend a week with their grandparents, less excited about having to go to school while we were gone. This was the first time DH and I have travelled solo since our honeymoon, so it was long past due. I was a little worried that we'd be bored and have nothing to talk about, you'll have to read on to see if that happens.

Here are a few photos of us throughout the years, we have very few photos of just us, we set out to remedy that this trip:

img_3677.jpg

We just disembarked yesterday, hoping to get this all written down before my memory gets too foggy, I took LOTs of photos to help me along the way. This was our fourth Disney cruise, first time on the Magic. By good fortune, we found out after we booked that we we were going to be on one of the 'Marvel Day at Sea' cruises, BONUS. So new ship, new exciting day at sea, and first time solo.....a definitely FUN adventure. And as for the title of the report, you'll have to wait and see...ok, onwards!
love your trip report, thanks for sharing! Love the trivia checklist

I also skip the sail away party to grab a snack!

how do you make your pictures so large? Other posts have tiny pictures

Do you use smug mug for photo hosting?

I love the itineraries you posted. I only do the western carribean cruise, but want to do the cruise you took--panama canal

how do you make your pictures so large? Other posts have tiny pictures

I upload my photos to wordpress and then insert them. I am really not very techy so not sure how to make them larger or smaller. Someone explained it to me once, but I just go with whatever the default wordpress setting is lol.

I upload my photos to wordpress and then insert them. I am really not very techy so not sure how to make them larger or smaller. Someone explained it to me once, but I just go with whatever the default wordpress setting is lol.
that is cool!

I never heard of "wordpress", is it a free website

What is your favorite disney cruise so far?

that is cool!

I never heard of "wordpress", is it a free website

What is your favorite disney cruise so far?

Wordpress is a blog hosting website, yes it is free. I used to have a blog, I don't update it much anymore but its a good place to upload and store photos.

Panama Canal hands down was my fav cruise, loved the long length, the sea days, and having good quality time. We were in a rough spot school/family wise that year so was nice to just 'get away'. We are going on the transatlantic next year, and hoping for a similar experience (without the life drama beforehand). Really though, we have loved ALL our cruises, thats why we keep coming back!

I know this was almost a year ago but we're going on this same itinerary in a few weeks and I wanted to see how your trip went! Thanks for writing it- it's making me even more excited.

A super fun note- I actually know Guy! He was actually my director in a musical a few years ago. I knew he went off to work on DCL but it still took a minute for me to make the connection!

I've really enjoyed reading your trip report, especially as we're also looking forward to a MDAS cruise in a few weeks time as a couple. Thanks for taking the time to write it up and share it :)

I know this was almost a year ago but we're going on this same itinerary in a few weeks and I wanted to see how your trip went! Thanks for writing it- it's making me even more excited.

A super fun note- I actually know Guy! He was actually my director in a musical a few years ago. I knew he went off to work on DCL but it still took a minute for me to make the connection!

I follow his Instagram now, he seems like a fun GUY! Thanks for reading along!

I've really enjoyed reading your trip report, especially as we're also looking forward to a MDAS cruise in a few weeks time as a couple. Thanks for taking the time to write it up and share it :)
Thanks for reading along, enjoy your amazing trip!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report! I am trying to convince DH to go on his first ever cruise next January to celebrate our 25th Anniversary! He is very concerned over there being enough "adult" things to do on the ship since it is a "Disney" cruise! I think reading your report will go a long way to help convince him that it can definitely be done!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!