hello Florida or California here i come?

goofyme

Mouseketeer
our spring break is the week before easter...i've been during some crowded times in the summer but i get the sense from the boards that it is much worse during spring break, no matter DL or WDW....so here is my question...

do i just brave it and head to florida where i know the ins and outs on how to beat some of the crowds(might even spend some time at universal for the express system) or do i head to southern california and do the DL/DCA, legoland, san diego zoo, sea world, universal, etc, even though i know the crowds will be bad and have limited expertise on these places. where do you think the crowds will be most manageable??

"HEP ME, HEP ME PLEASE!"

We're travelling the same time (Spring Break/Easter) and it is obviously going to be crowded but not as crowded as Summer one hopes. But I am expecting it to be crazy busy during the weekends.

Like you we are planning day trips to other parks including Legoland etc. so I am hoping those days will help ease the burden of a busy DLR.

We are staying at DPP so having luxury of our own entrance to DCA and being within walking distance allows us to rest and return more often utilising the 'midday break' plan of attack we often use at WDW. Also with the extended hours that will no doubt happen (We are expecting 10p-12am closings during our trip because of Spring Break) staying close by will increase our quality time in the parks without the torment that is often associated having to go off-site for R&R.

Given the choice, I'd go for WDW over DLR regardless of the time of year because there are alot more options to get away from crowds at WDW than there is in DLR I find, especially with Family in tow.

I'm going to DL at Easter this year and I am expecting large crowds. I've never been before but after several Easters at WDW I've decided never to visit there again at Easter. Easter 2002 was a nightmare with record breaking crowds, far busier than our trips in August. I believe that DL is very busy too but not quite as bad as WDW. Have a great time whatever you decide.
Tracy

I haven't been to either location the week before Easter, but I'd personally choose Disneyland solely for the better weather. April in Florida can be downright hot!

You may get some rain in CA, if that's a factor. It should still be warm enough to have a great time, though. I have been at DL at more crowded times, but it still does not seem too bad to me-- especially with fastpass and if you're staying onsite and go back to the hotel or Downtown Disney during the busy times (most head over to DCL when DL is most crowded in the afternoon, whcih is also a good option). The other parks (Legoland, etc.)will be busy, but still manageable. Have a great time, whatever coast you pick!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter