Hello! Big disnerd and duffy fan :)

Stellalou

Duffy's lavender bunny friend
Hey there. After years of lurking around here and other disney boards I finally decided to join in on the fun.

I just recently got back from my first overseas park expirience (Tokyo disneyland and tokyo disneysea) but I live nearby the Anaheim resort like many others on here and used to frequent the parks and have a AP before prices skyrocketed.

I have a few cast member friends, acustodian, one that works driving the parade floats, Two who work in parking and one that works at the burbank studios. I've been close to being a cast member myself and considered the college program when I was younger but chose to do other things.

Needless to say I'm a huge disnerd who loves learning about the different history behind each of the parks. I also collect a lot of the tokyo disney store merchandise. I love daisy and donald items and mostly own duffy and friends stuff. Like the name suggests I'm a big fan of Stellalou the purple bunny. She is my favorite and was my first and now I have gelatoni who I picked up at sea this month and a cookieann bespoke pre-order on the way. Super excited to be here and discuss disney news and chat with other fans!

Hey there. After years of lurking around here and other disney boards I finally decided to join in on the fun.

I just recently got back from my first overseas park expirience (Tokyo disneyland and tokyo disneysea) but I live nearby the Anaheim resort like many others on here and used to frequent the parks and have a AP before prices skyrocketed.

I have a few cast member friends, acustodian, one that works driving the parade floats, Two who work in parking and one that works at the burbank studios. I've been close to being a cast member myself and considered the college program when I was younger but chose to do other things.

Needless to say I'm a huge disnerd who loves learning about the different history behind each of the parks. I also collect a lot of the tokyo disney store merchandise. I love daisy and donald items and mostly own duffy and friends stuff. Like the name suggests I'm a big fan of Stellalou the purple bunny. She is my favorite and was my first and now I have gelatoni who I picked up at sea this month and a cookieann bespoke pre-order on the way. Super excited to be here and discuss disney news and chat with other fans!

Wasn't Tokyo Disneyland amazing? I took a trip a couple of years ago, and it was just fantastic. DisneySea is the crown jewel of theme parks. I'm glad you had a great time and :welcome: to the DIS!

There is a section for Tokyo Disneyland on here too: https://www.disboards.com/forums/tokyo-disneyland.178/

I'll see you around the boards.

Welcome!! I'm also a big fan of the Tokyo parks - they are amazing! Depending on the time of year, it is sometimes cheaper for us to go to the Tokyo parks than WDW (we are in NYC) - which is a comment on how expensive Orlando has become - ridiculous!

Duffy was great, my kids favourite, we still have the signed bedtime storybook....
maybe one day he’ll be back to Epcot

Thabks so much everyone for the warm welcome :love:

BrianL - Absolutely! And thank you for the wrlcome. Visiting the Tokyo disney resort has been a dream of mine for many years sense I was a teen. I am so happy I finally got to visit them! Visiting Japan in general was a dream come true but I am fortunate we were able to spend two days in Disneysea and a day in Tokyo disneyland :) sea is the best and I miss it already. Thank you for the link to the section. I'll be sure to check it out.

Scrump - Yay another Tokyo disney fan :) hello! Wow that is crazy that it's cheaper for you evem from new york. I was surprised at how cheap the tickets food and drink were for Tokyo compared to here in Anaheim that's for sure. I haven't been to wdw sense I was around six years old (back when they had the pepto bismol cake castle) but I can only imagine it's just as badly priced as over here though. When I've looked into visiting wdw it just seemed beyond exspensive and at that point I'd rather go overseas too.

I only wish I could go again much sooner! My next planned trip is for spring of 2021 around my birthday and Sakura season.

What is your favorite ride at the TDR?

Ruttangel - funny enough I never knew Duffy was stateside until he was already scheduled to leave :( I never got to see him here but I heard he was at DCA for awhile. I do briefly remember him in the christmas parade. My friend who works in the parades said that Americans just do not like Duffy for some reason. Makes me sad because he's such a huge part of the asia parks :/ that's cool you have a signature! I met him earlier this month in disneysea. I was sad they didn't have gelatoni or stella. I found out you need to go to hong kong for that.

Thabks so much everyone for the warm welcome :love:

Scrump - Yay another Tokyo disney fan :) hello! Wow that is crazy that it's cheaper for you evem from new york. I was surprised at how cheap the tickets food and drink were for Tokyo compared to here in Anaheim that's for sure. I haven't been to wdw sense I was around six years old (back when they had the pepto bismol cake castle) but I can only imagine it's just as badly priced as over here though. When I've looked into visiting wdw it just seemed beyond exspensive and at that point I'd rather go overseas too.

I only wish I could go again much sooner! My next planned trip is for spring of 2021 around my birthday and Sakura season.

What is your favorite ride at the TDR?

Yes, if you can manage a February trip - I think that is considered low season for TDR. I priced out a week at TDR and WDW separately for the same week and calculated airfare, hotel (Hilton), park tix and food budget, TDR was approx $500 cheaper. If you're already shelling out several grand, you might as well go abroad!

I really like Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20k Leagues Under the Sea and Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek. But I really love walking around DisneySea - so immersive and well done! I also love Mermaid Lagoon!

You will have to come to these Boards for your TDR fix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!