Height Restrictions on rides

Jeno

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are planning a trip for late august with three kids, ages 6, 5, and 3. Haven't been to DW in at least 15 yrs, and then it was without kids along. Do any of the rides have height restrictions and such, and what are they? Is there plenty to do for three little boys that aren't all that into disney stuff, except for a few things. I don't believe they'd be all into the princesses, but toon town and such would no doubt fascinate them.

Anyone have any must see suggestions?

we are just getting in the planning stages here and trying to find out all we can. Any help for a new disney goer?

There are definitely height restrictions on the "big" rides. Seems like 40 inches for many, perhaps 42 for a few. Nothing like some of the big rollercoaster parks. I believe it's right here on the DIS that you can type in your child's height and get a list of what they can't ride.

Anyway you will find PLENTY for your boys to do. They don't have to be into Disney to like this stuff. You might like the book WDW by Kids for Kids or whatever it's called where there are kid reviews of every attraction. Oh, and some people think their kid's won't like EPCOT, but I think my kids who were just 6 and almost 4 on our last trip remember more about EPCOT than they do the MK. They loved everything except the movies in the countries. I took my youngest back there 3 when he was almost 3 and he was fascinated by all the street performers. I have great pics of him dancing with the Mexican Dancers, watching the Chinese acrobats and being entranced by the living statues. It was great.

Your kids will love the Buzz Lightyear ride. It's part ride and part video game. They would love the Jungle Cruise, Aladdin's Magic Carpet, the Country Bears, and maybe most of Fantasyland (even if they arent' into Disney stuff). There are fun shows in MGM for little kids, too. The Muppets 3D thrilled my kids and my daughter loved Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid show. Even Epcot has fun stuff. Inside Innoventions they have lots of computer games and Nintendo and Sony games for all ages. In late August, you might want to check out the water parks to stay cool. If you are staying at a Disney resort, chances are that they have a great pool. Remember to rest mid-day and you will get much more cooperation from them.

Thanks for the tips! We are planning on staying at FW campground, and definately planned on the afternoon breaks. The oldest won't nap, and the middle one probaly won't, but I wouldn't get near the little one with a 10 ft pole if he missed his afternoon siesta!

They are already looking forward to the Buzz lightyear stuff, the disney movie that came in from disney itself showed a huge Woody at one of the resorts, I think thats the MAIN reason the 5yo is ready to leave. He's a woody fanatic.

The book sounds great! where could I find that? Amazon or would it be at a specific disney site?

I bought it off the shelf in the Florida shelf in my Local Books-a-Million, but I'm sure you can get it online at BAMM (Books-a-million), Barnes and Noble or Amazon. It's by Birnbaum so it's the "official" kids guidebook.

Rock N Roller Coaster has a 48" requirement, and they are strict about it. Best to know about that ahead of time, because my DS was sooooo disappointed when he couldn't ride it at 4. He was thrilled when he made it at 5.

We went in 2000 with then7,5 and 3 yr old.We checked out height requirements before and thought our son would make the 40'' height for test track and star tour and did not.It was not a pretty seen.We also planned the trip around their ages and spent most of our time at the magic kingdom in toon town(goofy's barnstormer was a favorite)and fantasyland.We also spent lots of time at Pizza planet to satisfy our buzz lightyear fan.The honey I shrunk the kids playground was also a nice break for the kids.If you plan your trip with their interests in mind it will be fun for everyone.We also made sure we had a double stroller(even if we rented one)or two singles(we only brought 1 umbrella stroller with us)for the evenings we spent in the parks for the fireworks.One or two of them always needed to rest or even fell asleep(and it was not always the youngest)It made everything easier.Also if we found one child fading fast in the park we went to a playground for a change of pace ,or depending on the time just left to rest at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter