Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, It's Off to War He Goes...Sept. 2013 PTR/TR

MissMichigan

A most peculiar mademoiselle
Alrighty, it's been a while since I've done one of these, so don't mind me as I shake off the rust and get back into the swing of things. Is an introduction still a good place to start? Yeah? Ok good, because that's where I'm starting...

Hello there, DIS world! I'm Elyse, 25, originally from southeastern Michigan but currently living in Tucson, AZ. I really don't like living here, but hey, it's not permanent. I've been here since Spring 2007. I'm a college student, majoring in Cultural Anthropology. I work as a waitress at the banquet center/officer's club at my local Air Force base. My real passion is photography, I've started my own little business (RaineDance Photography...look me up on Facebook!! lol) and the dream is to one day work for NatGeo. Beyond that, I enjoy cooking, music, reading, traveling, animals, learning, spending time with friends and family, and daydreaming. I'm pretty much your typical young creative type. Disney has always been a part of my life. My parents took me to Disney World three times growing up, and as an adult I've gone to Disneyland three times as well. The best vacation of my life to this point has been a November 2010 visit to DLR...Disney at Christmas just cannot be beat!!! So, this is my 4th trip to the 'Land, and this time I have a new travel buddy...

DIS, meet David. This is my wonderful boyfriend of just over a year and half. He is 22, and originally from Tulsa, OK. Dave is in the Air Force, an Intel nerd, stationed here in Tucson. We met at a bonfire in November 2011. He's a very upbeat, laid back guy, and is pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me. He enjoys all things "man" as he and his friends would say. Camping, fishing, hunting, shooting, hiking, etc. Very much an outdoorsman. He's also a big geek, like me, so we enjoy things like Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and stupid hats. He's an avid traveler, and has been all over the world. If you think of a typical "good old boy" from Oklahoma...that's Dave! Oh, and there's one more member of our tiny family...

This is Marlin, our 1 year old Dachshund. He's weird, and totally convinced that HE owns US. He's not coming along, but it's ok because he's going to stay with his Aunt & Uncle, and his two best dog friends, so he's looking forward to that!

SO...the trip! We are going on this trip because a few months ago, we got the news that Dave is getting deployed:sad: He'll be leaving at the end of September, luckily only for 4 months! I thought it would be nice for us to do something before he goes, to just get away and spend some quality time together. So, of course, I picked Disney! Dave has never been to a Disney park EVER...:scared1:! So, this trip will be special in multiple ways.

The rough draft:
Friday, Sept. 6th- Leaving Tucson as early as we can manage to open our eyes enough to see the other cars. Driving super fast (unless we see a cop car...) and getting to Anaheim as soon as possible. Checking into our hotel (Ramada at the Park) and then heading into the parks! It's DAPPER DAY so I may be dressed to the nines this day! Probably not so much for him...unless they make an affordable cammo suit...

We've got 3 day hoppers, so we'll be in the parks as long as we can friday, all day saturday, then about the day sunday. Not a ton of time, but i'm sure it will still be great!

OK, that's all for now! A little over a month to go :banana: In the meantime, you can read about two of my previous Disventures HERE and HERE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter