Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Congrats on a great race and huge PR! I was there too, but stuck with the 10K that I’ve done every other year. This was my 5th consecutive time doing it and as long as I’m able, I’ll keep going back. I love it!

And the free Chick fil A this year was awesome! They haven’t done that before, it’s usually sausages.
Congrats on the 10K! I really enjoyed the half and would do it again.

The Chick fil A was great for sure!

Low and behold I did it... 1:58:40! I got an extra burst running through Miller Park.
Nice job.

And I agree that it is so much fun to run through a Major League Baseball Stadium. I've run through Angels Stadium twice, and the Giants ballpark three times.

Time for an update!

I figured it was time for a change. I didn't want to just abandon this and start a new journal so I just changed the name.

My running journey this year has progressed well. I didn't have the specific goal of getting to that sub 2 hour half this year but I did it so now its time to keep looking ahead.

As all of you know (I think) I am running Wine and Dine in roughly 20 days. My plan is just to take it easy and have fun. It will be mostly about seeing friends and being at Disney. I have some costumes in the works which I really need to get working on. That will round out 2019 and then its time to start looking at 2020.

2020 will begin with Dopey of course. This will be my fourth Dopey. I know many are one and done with it or don't see the need to do it every year. I won't say I will continue to do it year after year but I do really like the Dopey Challenge. Yes the mornings are tough but to me the excitement and accomplishment of all four races is unlike anything else. Expense is certainly something going forward though.

After Dopey it's Rock'n'Roll New Orleans in February. They do have a challenge but I will only be running the half. I may look for a time goal there but not until we get much closer.

I have considered Star Wars Marathon weekend but expenses and time of year make it more difficult. Its one weekend I have wanted to do once but haven't yet.

2020 I am looking at a fall marathon. What that will be is undecided. @jennamfeo is being difficult but hopefully Chicago or New York. If I were to get into both, Chicago does have a deferral option which is nice. Its much harder to get into New York than Chicago though.

Maybe I will add a local race here or there too. The Brewers Mini got me sort of excited or intrigued about other local races. I really haven't run much in WI.

I know this is a long update for me but I am ending with a current running update. I returned to running this week after about 10 days off after the Brewers Mini. I am currently on the Hal Higdon Dopey plan which I have done before. It will have a few modifications but it should work well for me again. It does have 15 planned for me this weekend but I am not sure that will happen. More like maybe 10? Not sure I want to jump into 15 right away yet.

Thanks for bearing with me!

2020 I am looking at a fall marathon. What that will be is undecided. @jennamfeo is being difficult but hopefully Chicago or New York. If I were to get into both, Chicago does have a deferral option which is nice. Its much harder to get into New York than Chicago though.
I am not being difficult. I just never want to run a Marathon again. You know, after this weekend.

NYC has a deferral option too, but you have to pay for the race again the next year (it's basically just guaranteed entry for the next year). And yes, NYC is harder to get into with the lottery. But either way, one of those will be a great experience. Or so I hear.
And if you do NYC, I'll likely be volunteering somewhere, so you may hear someone randomly shout "PANDA!!!!!!!!!!!" while you're running.

NYC has a deferral option too, but you have to pay for the race again the next year (it's basically just guaranteed entry for the next year). And yes, NYC is harder to get into with the lottery. But either way, one of those will be a great experience. Or so I hear.
And if you do NYC, I'll likely be volunteering somewhere, so you may hear someone randomly shout "PANDA!!!!!!!!!!!" while you're running.
Well hopefully I’m running one of them!

What’s this? Wine and Dine is basically here?

I’ll be honest and say I haven’t been dedicated to the training between my PR and this challenge. I’ll be fine but the mileage hasn’t been up there. I’m not running for time anyways. It’s all about fun.

Some less than great developments though. I have been having some knee discomfort in my last couple runs. It’s not really pain as I can run through it. I’ll probably just use some KT tape for the half to make sure.

Otherwise I can’t wait to get down there and have some fun! I am leaving at the perfect time too as it’s supposed to snow Thursday here.

What’s this? Wine and Dine is basically here?

I’ll be honest and say I haven’t been dedicated to the training between my PR and this challenge. I’ll be fine but the mileage hasn’t been up there. I’m not running for time anyways. It’s all about fun.

Some less than great developments though. I have been having some knee discomfort in my last couple runs. It’s not really pain as I can run through it. I’ll probably just use some KT tape for the half to make sure.

Otherwise I can’t wait to get down there and have some fun! I am leaving at the perfect time too as it’s supposed to snow Thursday here.

Come back with course maps for Marathon Weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!