Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Uh can winter be over?

Seriously though I am done with WI winter. It has been non-stop snowing basically since the end of January. Every other day is like another 5 inches and of course the bitter -50 temps before that. So running has been on the back burner.

Getting plenty of cross training in with the snow removal though ;)
May we all keep up different cross training when the weather is a bit more bearable. Although I fear Spring flooding will bring a swimming element to runs.

May we all keep up different cross training when the weather is a bit more bearable. Although I fear Spring flooding will bring a swimming element to runs.
It’s supposed to rain here this weekend so maybe I can get the swimming in then.

Well looks like its been over a month since I was last on this journal...

I have a lot of excuses for that and a lot of excuses for my lack of fitness right now.

This journal definitely does not get the focus my other threads get. I manage a LOT on these boards including the new Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge planning forum. That has become a whole new beast of information to track and keep updated. That may sound like a complaint but it is not. I really enjoy keeping people on these boards informed and being in charge of massive comprehensive threads. But hey this isn't the only thing I do with my time. I also am a full time college student. School is going fine. Last semester was a struggle, this seems a bit better. I'll be honest and say I am not a straight A student but also am not failing. I probably could devote a bit more time to school and thats of course on me but this is like my passion project. Disney, Disboards, this community, and running are all my escapes.

But that's not all either, the MLB season is now underway which means I am working more as my job involves Miller Park where the Brewers play is a place I work. Big busy weekend with the Cubs in town. Then add in high school baseball season where I sort of coach (I am more the guy who does all the non-coaching stuff, stats, video, scoreboard stuff, etc.). Then of course football season will be here before you know it and that's where I really get to coach. I don't really relax much but I like it that way.

Over March I only ran a few times. That's good and bad. Good in that I can focus on other things right now. Bad in that my fitness level isn't great, and motivation for that is more lacking. I have made the jump into the Garmin world. @croach was kind enough to loan me his old Garmin so I could see how I liked it. So far I am liking it. I do still love my apple watch but I think for running specifically I will stick with the Garmin for now.

Another excuse... Weather... I am really sick of Wisconsin weather this year. Yesterday 55. Today? 37 and rain. Next week they are calling for accumulating snow. I am just done with this weather.

Now moving forward...

I am signed up for all three Wine and Dine races. I was upset when the news came out that the 5K is no longer in AK. I loved that 5K. I also have a this thing in my head that I am there might as well run all the races. Maybe in the future I will not need to do them all. I have a few other race plans. This fall I plan on running the Brewers Half Marathon. That is in September. I am not signed up yet but plan to sooner or later. Also might throw in a local 5K. Then looking towards Dopey 2020. Just can't stay away from that challenge and I really do enjoy it. That said I financially can't sign up right away so I am crossing my fingers it doesn't sell out quickly and takes a while like last year.

In addition to that its time for me to really just be consistent. Not being signed up for a race doesn't give me a lot of motivation but I just need to be more consistent with my eating habits, working out, and running. If I get into a routine I will be fine.

So that is all for now. Hope I don't sound whiny but that's just where I am at.

Life gets to all of us, right? And you do have a LOT going on, so sometimes something has to give. I'm glad this semester is going better for you and straight As aren't always where it's at. Balance in life is important too and you are one busy guy. As I shared, my training has been rough this winter too, but hopefully like you I can get back on track. Wine and Dine will be here before we know it!

Life gets to all of us, right? And you do have a LOT going on, so sometimes something has to give. I'm glad this semester is going better for you and straight As aren't always where it's at. Balance in life is important too and you are one busy guy. As I shared, my training has been rough this winter too, but hopefully like you I can get back on track. Wine and Dine will be here before we know it!
That is for sure. Being signed up for wine and dine will definitely give me motivation and then of course that Brewers half will also help. Can't wait for Wine and Dine!

Well looks like its been over a month since I was last on this journal...

I have a lot of excuses for that and a lot of excuses for my lack of fitness right now.

This journal definitely does not get the focus my other threads get. I manage a LOT on these boards including the new Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge planning forum. That has become a whole new beast of information to track and keep updated. That may sound like a complaint but it is not. I really enjoy keeping people on these boards informed and being in charge of massive comprehensive threads. But hey this isn't the only thing I do with my time. I also am a full time college student. School is going fine. Last semester was a struggle, this seems a bit better. I'll be honest and say I am not a straight A student but also am not failing. I probably could devote a bit more time to school and thats of course on me but this is like my passion project. Disney, Disboards, this community, and running are all my escapes.

But that's not all either, the MLB season is now underway which means I am working more as my job involves Miller Park where the Brewers play is a place I work. Big busy weekend with the Cubs in town. Then add in high school baseball season where I sort of coach (I am more the guy who does all the non-coaching stuff, stats, video, scoreboard stuff, etc.). Then of course football season will be here before you know it and that's where I really get to coach. I don't really relax much but I like it that way.

Over March I only ran a few times. That's good and bad. Good in that I can focus on other things right now. Bad in that my fitness level isn't great, and motivation for that is more lacking. I have made the jump into the Garmin world. @croach was kind enough to loan me his old Garmin so I could see how I liked it. So far I am liking it. I do still love my apple watch but I think for running specifically I will stick with the Garmin for now.

Another excuse... Weather... I am really sick of Wisconsin weather this year. Yesterday 55. Today? 37 and rain. Next week they are calling for accumulating snow. I am just done with this weather.

Now moving forward...

I am signed up for all three Wine and Dine races. I was upset when the news came out that the 5K is no longer in AK. I loved that 5K. I also have a this thing in my head that I am there might as well run all the races. Maybe in the future I will not need to do them all. I have a few other race plans. This fall I plan on running the Brewers Half Marathon. That is in September. I am not signed up yet but plan to sooner or later. Also might throw in a local 5K. Then looking towards Dopey 2020. Just can't stay away from that challenge and I really do enjoy it. That said I financially can't sign up right away so I am crossing my fingers it doesn't sell out quickly and takes a while like last year.

In addition to that its time for me to really just be consistent. Not being signed up for a race doesn't give me a lot of motivation but I just need to be more consistent with my eating habits, working out, and running. If I get into a routine I will be fine.

So that is all for now. Hope I don't sound whiny but that's just where I am at.
I don’t think you sound whiny. I’m also going to agree with all that @ZellyB said so well above.

I'm really impressed at how many things you're balancing. When I was in college, I basically had time for school and that was it. When I went back to school last year (two years ago? Something like that?) for my coding bootcamp I cut back on my running. I'm really impressed that you can keep up with the boards and your coaching and working at the ballpark and trying to run sometimes. Everyone gets busy and things fall by the wayside ... you'll get back there eventually. Time management and motivating yoursel to do things when you're busy is a constant learning process.

Sometimes we just need a break from running. Im so looking forward to taking it slower after my half at the end of the month.

I'm really impressed at how many things you're balancing. When I was in college, I basically had time for school and that was it. When I went back to school last year (two years ago? Something like that?) for my coding bootcamp I cut back on my running. I'm really impressed that you can keep up with the boards and your coaching and working at the ballpark and trying to run sometimes. Everyone gets busy and things fall by the wayside ... you'll get back there eventually. Time management and motivating yoursel to do things when you're busy is a constant learning process.
Definitely!

Well this kind of fell off the face of the earth...

Nearly 2 months since I last posted here. I obviously have been here but this just hasn't been a focus. I am done with school for the semester of course. Semester went fine and as expected I suppose.

Summer is finally here I think/hope. I have been keeping busy with a bunch of different things. My main focus on The DIS as of late is Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. I have been tracking and following anything and everything that has been going on with it and surrounding it.

Now as for running. May was lighter than it probably should've been. June is off to a different start. @jennamfeo got this crazy idea that we should do a run streak. She started in May though. I started yesterday and am two days in. Plan is to go the full month of June at the very least. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Outside of that I am all set for Wine and Dine in November. All three races and hopefully a lot of SWGE. I need to register for my PR attempt this fall which is The Milwaukee Brewers Mini Marathon. I will get to that this month at some point. I also plan on registering for Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 2020. This would be my 6th time doing that race weekend and likely my 4th Dopey.

I think this month with the run streak challenge I am doing I will use this journal as a way to track that and sort of keep myself accountable (outside of @jennamfeo nagging me...).

That is all for now!

7 days into the June Run Streak!

June 1st - 31:04 3.11 miles
June 2nd - 29:45 3.11 miles
June 3rd - 29:04 3.11 miles
June 4th - 20:09 2.09 miles
June 5th - 40:02 4.02 miles
June 6th - 30:04 3.02 miles
June 7th - 31:00 3.12 miles

I know the distances are all very similar. I plan on mixing it up a bit more as the month goes on and I get into training mode.

I am planning on signing up for the Brewers Mini any day now (I have a discount code that expires this month). Outside of that I still haven't signed up for Marathon Weekend. Global Running Day got me and I signed up for the Rock 'n' Roll Half in New Orleans! First time to Louisiana so I am excited for that. @Keels will hopefully show me around a bit.

Current Race Calendar for right now...

September 22nd, 2019 - Brewers Mini Marathon
November 1st, 2019 - Wine and Dine 5K
November 2nd, 2019 - Wine and Dine 10K
November 3rd, 2019 - Wine and Dine Half
January 9th, 2020 - Walt Disney World 5K
January 10th, 2020 - Walt Disney World 10K
January 11th, 2020 - Walt Disney World Half
January 12th, 2020 - Walt Disney World Marathon
February 9th, 2020 - Rock 'n' Roll New Orleans Half

By far the most races I have had in the calendar. I hope to add more too if I can.

I did RNR New Orleans in February and loved it! Super flat and Rock n' Roll always does a great job putting on races. We'd never been to NOLA before either and liked it a lot!

I did RNR New Orleans in February and loved it! Super flat and Rock n' Roll always does a great job putting on races. We'd never been to NOLA before either and liked it a lot!
That’s what I’ve heard! Can’t wait!

Hey Hey Hey!

Run streak is still going strong!

June 8th 39:43 4.02 miles
June 9th 30:36 3.08 miles
June 10th 41:38 4.13 miles
June 11th 31:22 3.10 miles
June 12th 31:01 3.10 miles
June 13th 49:25 5.02 miles
June 14th 30:07 3.09 miles
June 15th 30:02 3.05 miles
June 16th 29:40 3.10 miles
June 17th 37:36 3.89 miles

And in other news I finally registered for the Brewers mini so my goal race is September 28th, 2019!

57.16 miles so far for the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!