Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

My mom and I did Slinky two weeks ago about an hour before park close and were able to ride it twice. The anticipated wait times were probably around half of what we actually waited. I cannot believe it is next weekend!

My mom and I did Slinky two weeks ago about an hour before park close and were able to ride it twice. The anticipated wait times were probably around half of what we actually waited. I cannot believe it is next weekend!
I could do that as well but I probably should be going to bed at a decent time before these races too...

Everybody planning their late WDW nights before Dopey has me in awe. For challenge race weekends, I aim to be in bed by 8:00pm at the latest. I might play with fire and watch Rivers of Light at 6:30pm at AK the night before the 10K.

Everybody planning their late WDW nights before Dopey has me in awe. For challenge race weekends, I aim to be in bed by 8:00pm at the latest. I might play with fire and watch Rivers of Light at 6:30pm at AK the night before the 10K.
I usually try to be in bed by 9. It’s Disney and I know overall I’m going to have a lack of sleep on race weekends.

I usually try to be in bed by 9.
That's super impressive TBH. I know Dopey is a whole different ball game for me compared to just a 2 race challenge, but I don't get a luxury of going to WDW numerous times a year and I am here for a good time not for a long time. I can sleep when I am dead. Probably 3/4 of the way through the Marathon. Until then, I don't need sleep.

That's super impressive TBH. I know Dopey is a whole different ball game for me compared to just a 2 race challenge, but I don't get a luxury of going to WDW numerous times a year and I am here for a good time not for a long time. I can sleep when I am dead. Probably 3/4 of the way through the Marathon. Until then, I don't need sleep.
Very true. I was definitely up past 9 the night before the 5K. Otherwise the bigger races I try to get some sleep.

My concern is how the fatigue will hit me during the marathon. For that reason alone, I'm going to stick with what worked for me during all 5 Star Wars race challenges I've finished. As this could be my only chance at the WDW marathon/Dopey, being as rested as reasonable for it will be my primary objective. I will be in the parks having fun every day after the races, but just leave much earlier than my norm for the races especially the marathon.

Very true. I was definitely up past 9 the night before the 5K. Otherwise the bigger races I try to get some sleep.
One thing I've learned to avoid not sleeping the night before a big race is to run a race the day before that big race. Works like a charm for me.

So I haven't come back and talked about the Wine and Dine races yet but Marathon Weekend planning is well underway so here is the plan for that so far...

Jan. 9th
Big Thunder 2PM-3PM
Homecomin' 3:30PM
Space Mountain 5:35PM-6:35PM
Mine Train 7PM-8PM

Jan. 10th
Navi River Journey 10:15AM-11:15PM
Everest 11:20AM-12:20PM
Safari 12:30PM-1:30PM
Tiffins 2:50PM

Jan. 11th
SSE 9:05-10:05AM
Test Track 11AM-12PM
Mission Space 2:15PM-3:15PM

Jan. 12th
RnRc 11:50AM-12:50PM
Slinky 4:15PM-5:15PM
Star Tours 5:50PM-6:50PM

Jan. 13th
Buzz 2:30PM-3:30PM
Mine Train 3:45PM-4:45PM
Space 5PM-6PM

Jan. 14th
FoP 11:25AM-12:25PM
Everest 2PM-3PM
Dinosaur 3:15PM-4:15PM

Jan. 15th
Slinky 10:15AM-11:15AM
RnRc 11:50AM-12:50PM
Tower of Terror 1:20PM-2:20PM
Storybook Dining 4:15PM

I am still alive I promise...

I have made it through my 5K and now 10K reviews on my trip report. Half will be probably in the next week or two.

I can't believe Dopey3.0 is almost here. I am running and actually not hating it too much which is good. What I am hating is the weather. Snow yesterday and now bitter cold. Wind Chill in the single digits tomorrow. I really don't want to run in that at all. I could go to the treadmill at school but they limit your time to 30 minutes on cardio equipment which kind of sucks.

I have some higher mileage weeks coming up in prep for Dopey. Other than the cold the holidays being right before Dopey kind of sucks for training too. Add in the exams part of school too and my life doesn't experience much sleep but I guess that is part of the Dopey training ;)

Anyways thanks to those who are here still reading along!

Only a little over a month now and we'll be in Disney. I really don't know how you guys up there in the cold do it. I get wimpy down here when it cools down even somewhat. Keep up the hard work and I'll see you next month in Disney!

Only a little over a month now and we'll be in Disney. I really don't know how you guys up there in the cold do it. I get wimpy down here when it cools down even somewhat. Keep up the hard work and I'll see you next month in Disney!
Yes I don’t know how I do it either. I need to move to a warmer state. See you next month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!