Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Well its been a month since I have checked in here...

12 DAYS UNTIL DOPEY 4.0!

I got my Dopey simulation in last weekend. I feel good and prepared after that. December was crazy busy. Finishing the semester, training, life, the holidays. Just never ending.

I am off to Nashville with my dad for a few days here right before Marathon Weekend. I am excited to check out a new city.

Its almost here!

Well its been a month since I have checked in here...

12 DAYS UNTIL DOPEY 4.0!

I got my Dopey simulation in last weekend. I feel good and prepared after that. December was crazy busy. Finishing the semester, training, life, the holidays. Just never ending.

I am off to Nashville with my dad for a few days here right before Marathon Weekend. I am excited to check out a new city.

Its almost here!

Nashvegas is a blast. Jack's on Broadway Street (where all the honky tonks are) is a good stop for BBQ. And the Boogie Blues Bar on Printer's Alley is a great place to check out if you're out late.

Walt Disney World 5K!

I am not going to recap the days in between running just the races. I am retiring from trip reports so this will be my exclusive home for a while I think.

I will mention some expo stuff though. I went late in the day which is not normal for me but just how it worked out. Lines were nonexistent and a good amount of merch was still available unless you wanted all the pins. Luckily I preordered pins to not have to worry about that. I also picked up the weekend tervis stainless steel mug. I am not a fan of these new race shirts. I loved the designs but the shirts suck.

The WDW 5K is always rather un eventful. Met up with the Diser group before hand.

I was an AP card for this race looking very fat lol.

IMG_7206.jpg

IMG_7213.jpg

IMG_7217.jpg

IMG_7219.jpg

Running through Epcot is always fun.

IMG_7332.JPG

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

I only stopped for two of the four characters on course, Geppetto and Jose. The Beast line was absolutely insane. Only four characters from the normal 5-6 is a disappointment.

IMG_7241.jpg

IMG_7284.JPG

5K was done and I didn't stick around long after. Temperature wasn't too bad and I didn't run that fast. Ended up being around a 50 minute 5K for me.

Yeah I wouldn’t wait that long for a character no matter who it is.
I think I waited that long for Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers during the 2019 10K, but that's because it was Chip and Dale and because I was getting over a nasty cold and used character stops as a way to rest.

10K Recap!

Pre race met up with Disers again. Uneventful, we were all in anticipation if #RogueTwo would be able to pull off the unthinkable.

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7337.JPG

I was in corral C and wasn't too worried about finishing quickly or anything although I did have a breakfast to get to eventually.

Once again character lines were longer than I wanted to wait for. I stopped for some quick ones though.

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7363.JPG

I do regret not stopping for Roadster Racer Goofy but that line was long and I had a Donald and a Keels waiting for me.

IMG_7348.jpg

Donald is my favorite so I had to stop for surfer Donald.

IMG_7367.JPG

Keels was cold and yelling at me to hurry up...

IMG_7354.jpg

I thought as a Disney nerd it was cool to run through this construction every day.

IMG_7366.JPG

Photopass needed to fix the white balance on this camera...

IMG_7358.jpg

And done!

I headed off to shower quick and get to Trails End for a Team Shenanigans breakfast meet up.

The rest of the day was DHS and Epcot time. Nothing too eventful.

Walt Disney World Half Marathon Recap!

One thing I noticed about the half was it felt VERY crowded. It took a bit just to get into the parking lot. I met up with Disers again and ran with @Bree @FFigawi @lhermiston for this one.

IMG_7384.JPG

If you didn't know I ran as Anger from Inside Out. Someone on course thought I was Ralph which was strange.

IMG_7445.JPG

I attempted to look mad or angry in my photos.

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7715 2.JPG

IMG_7455.JPG

IMG_7444.JPG

IMG_7622.JPG

Then there was a surprise to great us at the finish...

IMG_7424.JPG

IMG_7427.JPG

Overall a great race. Had a lot of fun running with different people. It was definitely hot in the outfit I had on. I was also worried about my knee as some may recall I had some issues with it during Wine and Dine but it felt great after 22.4 so only 26.2 to go!

Life gets in the way of me having time to update this thing. We are now three weeks removed from marathon weekend! Let's wrap up this marathon recap...

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7468 2.jpg

So as many know the marathon morning/start was quite eventful. I think we were on a bus around 3AM. Had we been any later it could've been a lot worse. I couldn't believe the delays people had getting into Epcot. Disney made the right decision delaying the race rather than forcing those buses/runners out but man they need to figure out better logistics for that next year.

Today was the big Goof Troop day! Met up with @lhermiston @michigandergirl and her friend Angie, @jmasgat @Bree @FFigawi and Whitti in corral C and then @TCB in FLA was in the first wave of corral D. The delay didn't affect us at all but certainly helped Whitti catch up to us since she was stuck on a bus.

According to my tracking we started just before 5:30AM.

First few miles were rather uneventful. So much so that I don't remember them. I know mile 3 was in Epcot but I barely remember the first pass through of Epcot. It was crowded, and dark. A few of us stopped to use the bathroom at Imagination.

IMG_4878.JPG

Soon enough we were out of Epcot and passing by the start again at mile 4.

IMG_7472.jpg

It was kind of cool to see the deconstruction of the start staging. It was off to Magic Kingdom then. We did stop for Stitch on the way there.

IMG_1798 2.JPG

It wasn't too bad heat wise while the sun was still down. Definitely humid but not nearly as bad as it would get later.

Before we got to MK we saw @jennamfeo and @Keels at the TTC which was great.

In MK we started making some more character stops after building our buffer. The balloons started earlier than anticipated for us so we wanted to build in some time for fun.

IMG_5021.JPG

We got a castle photo but its too big and I am too lazy to resize it.

Leaving MK I got my selfie with the parade bus.

IMG_7481.jpg

Then it was the gravediggers in a new spot...

IMG_3856.JPG

Country Bears was a must stop for me and the others obliged.

IMG_6875.JPG

Continued....

I think I am out of order here. Country Bears was after our half way beer stop near the Poly/GF with @jennamfeo and @Keels. Jenna got me corona which is a top notch beer IMO 😂 .

Then it was off to Animal Kingdom!

IMG_7487.jpg

So in years past they normally had bananas around mile 12ish just before AK. I thought well maybe they moved them back a little. They moved them back A LOT. They didn't have bananas till like 17-18. They didn't even put them where they would normally have them on the old course. I hope next year they move that first banana stop earlier again.

It was beer time though in AK!

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_7708.JPG

IMG_7706.JPG

We made a stop for Kevin!

IMG_9236.JPG

One disappointment was no Everest. So apparently when we went past the ride wasn't open and they said 9:30. Which was like 20 minutes from then. Nobody wanted to wait so we kept going. As soon as we left Dinoland the ride was open. That would've been like a 5 minute wait...

Left AK and then it was off to Blizzard Beach. This new portion is where it really started to get hot for me. I needed to slow down a bit. I wasn't used to running in this type of heat.

Blizzard Beach itself was not a fun part of the course. It was narrow and winded through weird paths and then made us pass by the wave pool which we all wanted to jump into.

We met Olaf though!

IMG_0008.JPG

Left BB and then onto DHS. We barely go through any of the park for DHS in and out. John went off to see if they would let runners through the FP line at ToT and then Bree disappeared and we didn't know they went in. So they ended up doing ToT without the rest of us. We met Fantasia Hippo before DHS.

IMG_1979.JPG

After DHS it was JELLO SHOT STOP!

@MommaoffherRocker and @Dis_Yoda were by mile 24 with all sorts of stuff that was awesome.

I took this terrible selfie

IMG_7501.jpg

Down the Boardwalk and into Epcot we went. Met Max Goof or as some of us like @ZellyB know him as Gilbert.

IMG_0072.JPG

We met some princesses inside Epcot as well.

IMG_0143.JPG

And then we all finished!

This was by far the hottest race I had ever done. Disney made the decision later on to cut Blizzard Beach from the course due to the heat. So some didn't get the full 26.2. I think everyone understood that decision though.

You could see a lot of people at the finish needed ice and assistance because of the weather.

I had an absolute blast with the Goof Troop. Running with people like this is a huge reason I keep coming back to do these races.

Dopey 4.0 was a huge success for sure.

I started to get a little worried when they weren't passing out bananas when they normally did. I was at the point that I needed something a little more that sports beans or water/powerade. I inhaled that banana once we finally had them. Wasn't it as we were leaving AK? I remember saying out loud "thank God a banana finally" which is something I don't normally say in life. Glad you all had fun!

I started to get a little worried when they weren't passing out bananas when they normally did. I was at the point that I needed something a little more that sports beans or water/powerade. I inhaled that banana once we finally had them. Wasn't it as we were leaving AK? I remember saying out loud "thank God a banana finally" which is something I don't normally say in life. Glad you all had fun!
Exactly! I definitely wanted something more than sports beans too. They had them as you were leaving AK and then at BB which were like two banana stops in 4-5 miles. I think they should’ve spread those out a little more.

Its NOLA week!

I leave Friday for New Orleans, Louisiana. I have never been to Louisiana so I am excited to check that state off the list and I get to see some friends while I am at it. Saturday is the 5K and Sunday is the half. They also do a 10K and full at the same time on Sunday but 5K and half is good enough for me.

It is also the start of Mardi Gras in NOLA so I am excited to see what that is like. A large group of Team Shenanigans is also running the weekend races so hope to run into some of them.

I am not going to run for time just on feel and fun. I know the course is flat and good for time but coming off Dopey only 3 weeks ago I am not really in speed mode.

I know the bananas were after AK just before the Adventure’s Club because I was halfway through eating one when I stopped for a photo. I was starting to get delirious from the sun and said, “I made it!” when I saw them. 🤷‍♀️ They were very confused and started calling me banana girl!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!