Heart Healthy eating at WDW? Where are you cardiac patients?

BuckeyeMark

Mouseketeer
Asking for a friend ... ahem ... who had a big coronary event last May and now needs to watch his saturated fat content carefully. Best way to get nutritional data on food at WDW? Do they publish? Where are the best healthy spots to eat? Tips and suggestions from others who are cardiac patients? Thanks!

Disney does not publish nutritional info. Your best bet is to eat as similar to home as possible. Ts is your best bet to customize where needed.

I'd add that your friend should review the menus before going, decide what you can have and what you can have with modifications before you make your reservations.

I am nine years post “big coronary event” and I order foods at Disney World just like I order them in any restaurant. I always ask for no cheese, dressing on the side, no mayo, no burgers, grilled chicken, broiled instead of fried. You get the idea. If I am having a TS breakfast, I order an egg white veggie omelette, with dry toast. If I am having pizza, I order it with very light cheese and vegetables. I usually look at a menu online before I go to a restaurant so I have an idea of what I may want to order.

Since it has been a long time since my event, I do indulge myself now and then. A few fries, a cupcake, etc. But, most of the time I am paying attention to saturated fats. This has been working well for me for the last nine years and I hope it continues. So far, so good.

Stay away from most of the QS eateries. Generally high in heart unhealthy fats, salt, and other stuff.

Quick service is tough. I can’t think of any off the top of my head that are great. Table service is a much better option but even then options can be fairy limited depending on location

I’m not a cardiac patient but I do work in the food manufacturing industry. We are required to supply our customers with the ingredients, allergens and nutritional information for the products we sell them. If I were in your shoes I would call Disney for specific menu item information, particularly quick service or snack items. At the table service restaurants I have heard you can speak with the chef or staff and let them know your concerns. I’ve heard they are very accommodating. You may be able to even make a note in your ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter