Heard from Disney about YOMD postcards!

irishbosoxfan

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br><font color=te
I sent an email to Disney about the whole postcard controversy and they sent back a reply!

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Hi! I am interested in submitting my information for the Year of a
Million Dreams contest but have yet to do so because of some questions I
have which I tried to answer on my own thru the websites but was unable
to!

1) The YOAMD rules say a 3.5x5 postcard but for a month now I have been
searching for them but that is an odd size and unavailable==Can I use a
4x6 INDEX card cut down to 3.5x5??? OR does it have to be a postcard??

2) In the YOAMD rules it gives the address to send the card to but does
not say who to address it to! It just says "Mail to PO BOX 8629..."
Could you please tell me who to address the cards to!!

I really do appreciate your reading my ramblings!! LOL!! Sorry!! I take
my Disney contests seriously(though I have yet to win anything!!). And I
want to make sure I do everything right so my entry will be counted!
Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

1) You will be happy to know that a 3X5 card is good for entry

2) Please address the card to: The Disney Dreams Givaway

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Melissa Acevedo

WDW Online Communications

Just be aware that a 3x5 card is too small to mail by itself. The post office will not deliver it.

Hmmm -- that still doesn't quite answer the full question -- are they accepting actual USPS postcards, which are 3.5 x 5.5 and have they accepted the 3x5 cards that people cut down because that's what the original rules said (later changed to 3.5x5)? It's been kinda confusing.

Oops -- the answer you got did say they were taking 3x5 -- so now we have to wonder if they are also taking 3.5x5 and 3.5x5.5.

Is there somewhere on the internet that I can find info out about this? I didn't even know you could send in post cards. :)

shmoogrrrl said:
Is there somewhere on the internet that I can find info out about this? I didn't even know you could send in post cards. :)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win in the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 - December 31, 2007 (mail in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. ... Subject to official rules at www.DisneyParks.com/rules .

They go into this in great detail on the rules link. Basically, the postcards that are received on that day are used for the drawing if they randomly select that a prize is to be given to a mail-in entry (as opposed to someone in the parks). So, that means you can't send a single postcard and think you're entered for the whole year. You'd need to keep sending postcards for every day you want to potentially be in the drawing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!