Healthy (ok, picky) 2 year old

dlstc

Mouseketeer
Please bear with me as husband is anti-planner and I need to ask somebody how this sounds.

My 2 year old DD is a vegetarian - no chicken (nugget, strip or otherwise), no beef (including hamburger), no pork or other (read: hot dogs). She is also partial to certain starches - no potatoes (except McDonald fries), but yes to rice, cous cous or spaghetti (plain, no red sauce) and no to macaroni and cheese. She also despises peanut butter (prefers almond butter, tahini, or cream cheese). The 5 year old will sometimes eat chicken, hotdogs/corn dogs as well as peanut butter (otherwise similar tastes). The only fast food they have ever had is McDonald's (they only eat the yogurt and french fries), Wendy's and Chik-Fil-A where the 2 year old only drinks milk.

DH and myself love well prepared food...be it hot dogs or duck confit!

That being said....here are our meal plans:

Sun:
Breakfast at CRT (8:30) :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Lunch at Tony's Town Square
Dinner at WCC
(We are staying at WL)

Mon:
Breakfast in the room/on way to AK
Lunch at Tusker House or Pizzafari with meal deal
Dinner at TE and then campfire

Tues:
Breakfast in the room/on way to MGM
Lunch at Pizza Planet
Dinner at ABC Commissary (or take food in to Fantasmic seating)

Wed:
Breakfast in the room/on way to Epcot
Brunch at Chef Mickey's
Dinner at Morocco (for cous cous)

Thurs:
Breakfast in the room/on way to MK
Lunch at Tony's or force feed at Cosmic Ray's ;)
Dinner at Crystal Palace

Fri:
Breakfast in the room/on way to revisit favorites
Lunch wherever
Dinner at Boma (for the parents, darnit)

I know, I am catering a lot to my kids' needs, but I think most parents will agree, especially on vacation, it is easiest on everyone to try to keep the kids happy. We will be definitely taking breaks/naps in the afternoon so I won't have tired kids on my hands, but hungry kids who have no energy because they are just eating Mickey bars is no fun either (yes, we will treat them to Mickey bars). I plan on bringing dried fruit, granola, and multigrain crackers into the park as snacks.

Any experience with these locations and finding foods for kids?

Thanks all.

Diana

If I were you I would invest in a soft-sided cooler and bring yogurt, cheese stix, individual milks, crackers, fruit for the kids and you and dh eat anywhere you please....no sense wasting a bunch of money and force feeding! I have an extremely picky 4-yr old so I can relate...on the other hand I have a 12 year old who is a chef in the making and will eat anything - the more gourmet the better!

Good luck!

Well, yeah!!

Why didn't I think of that?:rolleyes:

Really....I'm smarter than I post....really!

Thanks again.

Diana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter