Heading back after 10 years

EastYorkDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
I'm planning my first trip back to the world in 10 years. My last trip was 2009 and my next trip will be in 2019.

My dates are August 29, 2019, to September 2, 2019, I'm planning them to get a chance to see my favourite nighttime show before it goes away, Illuminations Reflections of Earth.

A little bit about me

I'm 39 years old and my favourite charter is Donald Duck.
3966876364_24e3a55aa2_z_d.jpg

My first trip to WDW was a one day trip back in the 198's when my family went down to Florida. Back then we made a day trip to the Magic Kingdom, my second trip was also to the Macig Kingdom again with my family. In 1998 my family and I stayed on site and stayed in one of the old treehouse villas at the Disney Institute. Then a few years later in February of 2006, later on, that year I also took my first Disney Cruise and made another visit to WDW. I made another one after another Disney Cruise and then a couple of trips to Disneyland with my last visit to WDW being in 2009.

My current plans have me staying at Pop Century with four-day park hopper tickets and the regular dining plan with counter service and table service meals.

Following along! I'm going back next month :banana: for the first time in 7 years.

So as of right now I still have a long way to go to when I can make plans for dining and fastpass+. As of right now, I'm thinking of going to Be our guest and to boma and Le celuer. As for FastPass + I'm not sure if I will book any as I am a solo traveller and I don't really mind waiting in aline that being said I may get some for the newer attractions ie pandora and possibly ones in toy story land.

As of right now, I'm thinking of DAK on my first-day probably an afternoon and evening. Day 2 will be the morning at DAK and the rest of the day at Epcot. Day 3 I'm thinking of being a Magic Kingdom day. Day 4 will be at DHS and Epcot day.DAy 5 if I add it will be another day at the Magic Kingdom.

I have been using touring plans to give myself a rough idea of a possible plan for in the parks.

So as of right now I still have a long way to go to when I can make plans for dining and fastpass+. As of right now, I'm thinking of going to Be our guest and to boma and Le celuer. As for FastPass + I'm not sure if I will book any as I am a solo traveller and I don't really mind waiting in aline that being said I may get some for the newer attractions ie pandora and possibly ones in toy story land.

We're doing Be our Guest for Lunch and Dinner. We've never been there but pictures of it look amazing and Beast is at dinner so that's the big winner there for me :lovestruc We haven't got dining plan so I've booked a few character breakfasts because they're cheaper than the lunches and dinners and I plan to eat at quick service places the rest of the time. Although I did put in artist pointe as well for Dopey and Grumpy. We may not keep some of what we booked.

Fastpasses I just grabbed random stuff because I don't know what we're doing some days. I couldn't get slinky dog or the dwarves :sad2:

Fastpasses I just grabbed random stuff because I don't know what we're doing some days. I couldn't get slinky dog or the dwarves
That's what I'm thinking too but I wonder how much different availability is for them for only one person vs multiple people at 60 days out

That's what I'm thinking too but I wonder how much different availability is for them for only one person vs multiple people at 60 days out
We only have 2 people in our party and straight away dwarf and slinky were not there. I got one time over two weeks for slinky

Just an update to say I'm still planning this the important dates coming up are as follows

March 2nd: 180 days, out Dining reservation day - I'm thinking of going after dinner at Le ciler, the rose and crown and lunch be our guest and a dinner at Be our Guest. I'm thinking of doing it on my own instead of using a travel agent even though I have one that I used to book the trip with.

June 30th: 60 days , fast pass day

A couple of updates 1.) My travel agent got me free dining for my dates, and 2.) touring plans has made some changes to their predicted crowd level and dropped them down a bit

Its been a little over 10 years since I've had a proper Disney vacation as well. But hubby and I are heading down mid september to do a combo trip for our 25th anniversary (which is actually in May) and my birthday.

Its been a little over 10 years since I've had a proper Disney vacation as well. But hubby and I are heading down mid september to do a combo trip for our 25th anniversary (which is actually in May) and my birthday.
Welcome to my pre-trip report.

as of now, I have 235 days to go.

I'm wondering if I should try and book ADRs myself or just have my TA do them if I do them I know what dates I want them for. My current thoughts are to do them myself and if there are any I can't get have my TA keep checking from there for me, plus I can always check myself too.

Just a couple of things to add one I booked my airfare and I also booked a night at a hotel by the airport so I don't have to get up at a ridiculously early time of day to get to the airport the morning of my flight to Orlando.

Sounds like a fun plan so far!

DH and I will also be at POP staying 8/29-9/7. We have the free QSDP. Love free dining!!

Today was my day to book dining for my trip. My original plan was that I was going to get up at 6 am and book it all myself however I ended up having to work, so I had my TA do it instead. I got everything I wanted as well and at the tines, I wanted as well. I'll be at Le Cellier at 6:00 pm on August 30, be our guest for dinner at 5:30 pm on the 31, rose and crown at 6:15 on September 1st and be our guest for lunch on September 2nd at 11:00 am.

Last edited:
So since my last update, Disney has decided to drop the bombshell of galaxies edge opening up the day I arrive. As of now my plans are to go to Animal kingdom on arrival day, Animal kingdom in the morning of my first day and then Epcot in the afternoon on my second, my third day will be at the magic kingdom and my fourth day I plan on going to DHS and Epcot, and then on my last morning I'm planning to go to the magic kingdom again and then head out after lunch. For my DHS morning, I'm planning to go with the flow and if it isn't completely ridiculous at park open to get into Galaxies edge I'll go in otherwise I'll skip it until another time.

129 days to go!

So I did something stupid a few weeks back I was looking to see if I could get another time for be our guest and cancelled my reservation by mistake, I did get one for 8:55 pm. However, I kept try and on Easter Sunday I was able to grab one for 6:10 pm. I have also added a 12:10 reservation for the pizza restaurant on my magic kingdom day. I'm also toying with going to Disney Springs after my night at the Animal Kingdom on my first day.

Another new and exciting thing from Disney, being able to upgrade your magic bands and have them customized. When I first put in my choice I went with the blue one as I was woried about the luggage tag I'd be given as the one that matched the red one (my favorite colour) was Minnie mouse, nothing against her but being a male I'd rather have a male character so I went with the one ascoiated with my favorite character Donald duck. I was also thinking about picking up the Spaceship Earth magic band when I got there. However things changed yesterday when Disney made it so you can upgrade your magic bands for $10 instead of the $24 it is normally and I decided to get the Spaceship Earth one customized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!