Headed back to the Fort, January 2019 TR thread.

Kris/Bert, your cake looked great! Where do U go for the class? Would love to try it in Oct. Mallory is so PRECIOUS!! We all are missing our Suzy.

It was at Amorette’s in Disney Springs it is mon through Thursday but only 12 people at a time. Second time I did it still loved it.

I hate you. I had a diet Coke and a McDonalds breakfast burrito on my morning commute. :furious:

I feel like birthday cake is allowed for breakfast.

Happy Birthday Kris! A new eurorecliner and a Mickey cake...sounds like you did okay.
Just to keep the record straight, I had oatmeal for breakfast.

Thanks. I did have a pretty good day and dinner was good at Morimoto Asia. Had sushi, pork belly bao (was fantastic so was sushi) and seafood crispy Shanghai noodles.

Happy, Happy, Kris.

Sounds like you had a pretty good birthday. Started with cake and finish ed with sushi. That's my idea of a great day.

j

Well, I feel guilty. I had leftover scrambled eggs, sausage and glass o chocolate milk

Hi! Headed to the Fort tomorrow and staying in a cabin. Our retirement dreams are to have an RV someday. We rented a golf cart for the week - how do the RV peeps feel about guests driving around and checking out the scene in the RV area? We want to see what its like, in hopes that we will be able to rent or even own an RV someday and be able to visit Disney.

Thanks!

how do the RV peeps feel about guests driving around and checking out the scene in the RV area? We want to see what its like, in hopes that we will be able to rent or even own an RV someday and be able to visit Disney.
You just discovered the joys of "looping". That's the No. 1 (maybe No. 2) reason people get a cart. We love to drive around checking out other people's sites and rigs. It gives us ideas on what we may want to do next.

I hope you have a great time at the Fort. The cabins are nice. RVers love to talk about their stuff (or at least most of us do). We are generally a friendly lot. While you are out looping, feel free to stop and ask questions.

j

Hi! Headed to the Fort tomorrow and staying in a cabin. Our retirement dreams are to have an RV someday. We rented a golf cart for the week - how do the RV peeps feel about guests driving around and checking out the scene in the RV area? We want to see what its like, in hopes that we will be able to rent or even own an RV someday and be able to visit Disney.

Thanks!

Come on over!! It doesn't faze anyone - lots of people walking, biking, carting to see what's going on in all the loops! :)

Hope you can realize your dream of RV camping. It's a great life and we wouldn't change a thing. Some of our children's greatest memories were made on vacations in our RV - now as retirees, we continue to enjoy all our travels, at FW, as well as many other destinations.

We’re here! Trying to get the lay of the land. Does anyone know how many credits to take to order a full size pizza from P and J? Thank you.

I need to catch up. I will say we are home. On thrusday after my delicious birthday cake breakfast we went to the RV super show. Our main objective was a new chair. This is the old one.

9B3BAB00-025A-4BDF-A0B7-0A960DB4428C.jpeg

We found a chair and of course a new motor home. Two we really liked. One was the newmar newaire. It is a diesel but shorter at 34 ft long with four slides. The sales guy asked why I did not want to trade and I said, my rig is paid off. He kind of left us alone after that. I do really like it. Then we saw a Foretravel. We love them but they cater to the large motor home people normally very nice 45 ft that I am like I want those high end touches but not 45 ft. Well they debuted a 37’9” motor home with two slides. I LOVED it. But again, I own my current one. However we did manage a new chair.

CF7DED7F-ACA8-48F9-B797-B863B89D550F.jpeg

Yes it is similar but a slightly darker color. We basically put it together Friday night and we left Saturday so have not sat in it much. It seems good though.

Friday we worked half a day and shut down the rig. Bert woke up with a sore throat, which I told him was sleeping with his mouth open because he was snoring like a buzz saw. But seriously I told him to rest I needed him to drive on Saturday. Coffee and a little extra sleep seemed to help.

While putting stuff away the turkeys came and very close they were.

F26F843E-7F94-4242-B5C6-19F08AB00C6D.jpeg

Boy was she happy. We finished everything and had dinner at Trails end. Then a litter drama with some lost keys but after tearing apart the loaded up car we found them. We were hoping to start early on Saturday as we were battling weather rain and cold. Our goal is always to leave by 8. Bert’s bladder helped us as he got up at 5 to use the comfort station. We were on the road in record time 7 am. Trying to beat the rain.

3AD58056-A5FB-4F9F-A505-5CEC9619F0CA.jpeg

Unfortunately the way she likes to travel meant bad hip on the bed. She has a pressure sore. Trying hard to deal with it but its a difficult balance. Actually brought her memory foam from the rig to the condo for her to sleep on. She has memory foam for the day and dog bed for the night. We are going to try memory foam all the time. I hope it helps. We drove the last 10 miles in rain so the jump helped. We really had no traffic until we got to atlanta. Back at the condo in 9 hours, that is the best we can do. Rig even made it inside which is big as behind the rain is some serious cold weather. Not sure about my run tomorrow hoping for the best.

2F9AF178-3B25-4CE4-89D7-BE65FE73B100.jpeg

This was Mallory with both dog bed and extra memory foam to help her hip.

We’re here! Trying to get the lay of the land. Does anyone know how many credits to take to order a full size pizza from P and J? Thank you.

2 Adult credits at P&J but it's kinda late now. Sorry I didn't see this sooner....

Hey, whoa there Kris,

I have to step in for my Buckeye Bro' Bert.....

He's not sleeping well you said....

He's had blisters from his race this week you said .....

And yet you expect him to drive you home 9+ hours you said?

I'm here to seriously tell you to thank the good man upstairs for all he does.

I'm glad you're back home in the 4-0-4. (I no longer live in Gwinnet County up I85 off Steve Reynolds Blvd, thank the Lord).

I hope to see SuperMan Bert, Mal, and you-what's-her-name in May at Gulf :rolleyes: ::yes:: .....

Ed

PS - Bert, I got yo' back...

Last edited:
I did tell him he did good, and fed him cookies while he drove

I'm sorry, but chocolate and caffeine just don't cut it. :sad2:

Bert (in the middle) and I (on the right) will be in touch with his agent (on the left).

dhj-1.png

This will cost you dearly. Just sayin'.

The instructions are missing but bert put it together.
That bag has served me well. It was my Dad's for many a vacation to Minnesota. Been in my garage since he passed, and I thought, what better use than wrapping TFP 2.0.
Probably shoulda put instructions on canvas.

PS. I'm thinkin' ya missed your chance to drive home. That woulda been sweet. There's allways next time:drive: :woohoo:

Yes I did miss my chance at driving. We are not planning on taking the rig out again till GSP. Hoping to park it up in the north Georgia mountains in the fall, like we did last year. Park it for 6 weeks or maybe 8 and then take fridays off and go back and fourth on the weekends.

Well a perfect end to our trip both of us have a cold. I was fighting yesterday but once the RV was dropped off I was pretty sure I lost the battle. I woke up with a scratchy throat and a very tight chest. It is also very cold for atlanta. My original plan for the day was a trail run since my trail race is in three weeks. However with the super cold weather and tightness in chest, coupled with a still sore hamstring from the marathon, I have decided to skip my run. Not something I normally do but I think it’s the correct decision today. I may even skip tomorrow but hoping I can knock this away and feel better tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter