HEA dessert party before vs after

tseitel

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Looking for some advice. We will be back at our happy place this Sept 27-Oct 6.
I was looking to do a fireworks dessert party and originally had my eye on the Star Wars- till I watched HEA on YouTube.
We will be staying at BCV, so I figured it would be much easier just walking back from HS. The crush of the crowds has kept me away from the MK fireworks for years.
(I know we can sit it out in shops, etc but it’s still a madhouse to me, and my mom has a scooter that everyone seems to step in front of)
Then I saw the after fireworks dessert.
Has anyone done this?
I thought that might be a good compromise. Seeing HEA and then sitting down and having some dessert while the crowds disperse.
If we haven’t seen either the Star Wars or HEA fireworks do you recommend one over the other? We don’t really drink alcohol, so that’s not a deciding factor for the SW, but we are big Star Wars fans.
Let me know which you think is most impressive, and if anyone has done the after dessert party.
TIA !!!!!

Agree with GADisneyDad14, neither one dessert party is more impressive than the other. We did the after just because of the time of our dinner reservation since I felt like it would be too much to do dinner at 6ish and then the before desserts. Even doing the after dessert party, it was still too much food for us. The desserts are nothing to write home about but they have added some savory options which we enjoyed since we were on sweetness overload.

I would 100% do the dessert party again for the reserved viewing area. It's wonderful. That in itself was great, it'd just choose before or after based on our schedule.

If you decide on the after, please note, it's still gonna be pretty hectic for your group and your mom in the scooter leaving the garden area and heading over to the dessert party. The cast members will let you out but until you get over to tomorrowland terrace it will be tight space for all.

I know nothing about the SW party or fireworks, but did HEA dessert party (before) on a non-MVMCP night in December and loved it. The desserts were ok, but the viewing area was wonderful. We could sit down on the lawn without much of our view being blocked and Tinkerbell flew right over us, impressing my pre-schooler. Getting out of the garden was definitely a bit tricky with our double stroller (which I assume is somewhat comparable to your mom's scooter), but worth it. Crowd levels will dictate if I do the party again - I wouldn't spring for it during low crowd levels, as I assume I could find a decent location without it.

We are doing the after party for the reasons you mentioned op- reserved seating and less stress and crowds when leaving. Also get to ride rides longer....
We did the SW dessert party last summer and are thinking to do it again this year- we are huge SW fans and it was great!

Thanks all. I’m going to book the after party when my dates open up. Can’t wait!

Admittedly I haven't done an HEA dessert party ... but if I did I would do the fireworks first and then eat after.
Why? Because I am the type of person that feels rushed and then have to stand there totally stuffed full of desserts watching the fireworks and maybe feeling like I am gonna need the bathroom lol.
Fireworks first and then dessert seems much more relaxing to me and I wish that had been an option for the FEA dessert party.

We’ve done before and after and much prefer after. We eat while the crowds thin out and the after party are first to the viewing area. We like the desserts, but we do it for the view. It’s the only way we watch fireworks now. The crowds are just too much.

We’ve done before and after and much prefer after. We eat while the crowds thin out and the after party are first to the viewing area. We like the desserts, but we do it for the view. It’s the only way we watch fireworks now. The crowds are just too much.

When you've done the after fireworks party, was there any concern about transportation back to your resort? This will be our first trip, and I'm seriously considering doing the after party (we are going during MNSSHP time, so limited number of days to see HEA). But I don't really have a clue how late the resort transportation would be running. We'll be staying at the Polynesian on the night I'm thinking of, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

We have done the before-party many times and the after-party once. We did both this past NYE trip and I much preferred the after-party. If you have dinner that day, it gives you some time to get hungry again so you can actually eat something at the party. We watched from the back of the garden, near the entrance into the garden. As soon as HEA is over, book it out of there to avoid the mass crowd trying to exit the park. While everyone is scrambling to leave the park, you can sit and enjoy your desserts. It was wonderful, and we will likely only do the after party from now on. We usually do the party twice each trip.

When you've done the after fireworks party, was there any concern about transportation back to your resort? This will be our first trip, and I'm seriously considering doing the after party (we are going during MNSSHP time, so limited number of days to see HEA). But I don't really have a clue how late the resort transportation would be running. We'll be staying at the Polynesian on the night I'm thinking of, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

No worries. I don’t know how late they run, but it’s not a issue. We took forever, walked out of a near empty park.

Disney will not leave you stranded. a few things to remember is that main street stay open an hour or two after the park close for people to shop ( Disney makes it easy to give them your money) then even after main street shop close there are still people taking pictures ( the CM will guide you to the front and you can not go back but they really do not make you leave, well they will but they do it in a nice way) I am sure the desserts will be taken up long before the front of the park close, at the end of the night you might share a bus with a few resorts ( like all starts might share one bus) the boat to Fort wilderness might stop but a bus will run, just like if you park in the parking lot they might have buss going out there instead of the monorail or ferry boat. if it is very late and there is not a lot of guest in the park I would ask a CM on the way out where you need to go but in my experience, a CM will ask you where you are going long before you ask them.

I did both last week : )

I prefer the food at HEA after dessert party but they have alcohol at the SW party. I like the viewing areas for both, but I know some feel the SW viewing area is too close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter