HDDR

tfiga

Mouseketeer
Good Afternoon,

My family consists of 4 adults (two boys 19 and 17 who can eat massive amounts of food). Is HDDR a good use of 2 dining credits or am I better paying oops and using those credits for two additional meals?

TIA

Your mileage may vary on this one.

Purely from a math perspective, HDDR isn't a good monetary use of dining credits. The approximate "Cash value" of a single TS credit is around $41-42. So a 2 TS credit place would need to clock in around $82-84 per person to be a good monetary value. HDDR's most expensive seating is $72 per adult. I believe Dining credits are also restricted to the 8:30 PM show only.

The flip side of that is that if you DO book OOP, you have to pay up front for it. For some that's a big payment to make when still paying off the whole trip. And when you consider that it's all you can eat and drink (beer, wine and sangria included), and gratuity is included, that adds to the value if you use dining credits (tips must still be paid when dining credits are used unless the experience specifically states gratuities are included). And you get a LOT of bang for your buck with the entertainment.

Thank you. I will look at the menus for the potential additional meals and see where it lands me. It might be worthwhile to use the dining credits for HDDR and pay oop for a counter service instead of an additional table service meal.

Regardless if u use the plan or not, don’t miss the food/show/libations. Worth it. Enjoy!

We do HDDR every time we go, love the show and food, but we always pay out of pocket for it to get a good seat in the middle (Cat1). I think the first year we went we did it on the DDP, it was the late show, and we sat upstairs on the side of the balcony (Cat2) and basically watched the show through the railing. We haven't done that since. This is probably one of the few things at Disney we feel is worth the money, it is a great fun evening. I even picked up some musical skills along the way and can play the washboard!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter