Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

As for cruises, in addition to what's listed, we have been on a couple Panama Canal cruises, just completed the TA, and a few others sprinkled here and there.

Welcome to the cruise. If you've done a couple westbound Panama canals, there's a good chance that you and I have cruised together. We've done 2015, 2017, and 2019 all Westbound.

We're also staying at Aulani - but 3 nights plus 2 nights at Hilton Hawaiin Village before that. But we'll be changing to 5 nights at Aulani if they offer a special. We've got a car for the duration. I'm hoping that there's a car shuttle to the cruise terminal on cruise day.

Welcome to the cruise. If you've done a couple westbound Panama canals, there's a good chance that you and I have cruised together. We've done 2015, 2017, and 2019 all Westbound.

We're also staying at Aulani - but 3 nights plus 2 nights at Hilton Hawaiin Village before that. But we'll be changing to 5 nights at Aulani if they offer a special. We've got a car for the duration. I'm hoping that there's a car shuttle to the cruise terminal on cruise day.
We were on the 2019

No, we didn't do the crawl. But, I know what you mean about these cruises flying by. We just did the WBTA in September, and that is starting to feel like it was forever ago!

Hello!!!

We booked on opening day but totally forgot to sign in here!

Rod and Nancy from Cape Elizabeth, Maine. Rod will be celebrating a birthday on the 10th. Staying at Aulani from Sunday 3rd....so happy we booked a studio with our DVC points at 7 months out.

I think that's it!!!! So excited!!!

I haven't been checking in here often enough! We have almost our whole trip planned and booked. I'm just waffling on the rental car on Oahu (how many days) and some excursions on each island. We each have one must-do tour on Kauai (and fingers crossed we can book them) but the other islands we're not sure about yet. I hope DCL will release the official excursion list soon. They keep changing what's available online.

We'll be at Aulani for several days before the cruise, renting a car (or truck) going up to the North Shore for a day trip, and maybe some hiking around the island. We have our DCL transfers booked, mostly because I don't like driving in Honolulu and would rather let someone else do it, especially heading into the city on a weekday morning.

I am signed up for a big triathlon two weeks after we get home, so I will likely be spending an hour to two in the gym on the ship each day, and I may be that silly person swimming lengths in the Aulani cove in the mornings. The morning bootcamp class on the beach at Aulani is really good, if anyone is looking for a fun way to start the day. (If you consider that fun to begin with.)

Does anyone know if the ship will have spin classes? I've never looked into it before.

We live on an island close to Vancouver, so if anyone needs help with hotels, getting back to the airport, or whatever, let me know. We haven't booked our trip home yet. With the float planes and helipad on either side of the ship, it will come down to which one has the heavier luggage allowance, LOL.

Kathleena
Welcome to our Group! Please check out the first page of this thread to see if you would like to join any of the activities we have going. I will add you to our
Roll Call!

Good Morning Fellow Cruise Peeps!
I am super excited this morning! I paid off my cruise this morning! So the only thing I have left to pay is my excursions and Food in Hawaii for the week before the cruise!! Super excited!!!! Now if I sell a kidney I should be able to swing this!!!! haa haa !!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing well and your plans are coming along! My plans are going nowhere and I need to make them a top priority!!!

We have our DCL transfers booked, mostly because I don't like driving in Honolulu and would rather let someone else do it, especially heading into the city on a weekday morning.
I hadn't thought about the Friday morning rush hour. Our plan was to return the car that morning and get the car rental to take us to the boat. How rough do you think it will be?

Does anyone know if the ship will have spin classes? I've never looked into it before.
I am at 95% sure there are classes. They certainly had the bikes and I seem to recall them moving them into place a time or two. I was doing the morning yoga.

I hadn't thought about the Friday morning rush hour. Our plan was to return the car that morning and get the car rental to take us to the boat. How rough do you think it will be?
It depends on what time you want to get to the ship. If you want to arrive super early, traffic will be awful. If you plan to leave Aulani at 11, to get to the ship for noon-ish, you should be okay. I just really don't like Honolulu traffic. I thought the city here was bad; Honolulu is a whole new level of crazy (for me, at least.)

That said, we rented an electric car for a few days of this upcoming trip, and we are excited to explore other parts of the island, far from the big city. We arrive on a weekend, so leaving the airport super early and heading out of town should be manageable.

Good Morning Fellow Cruise Peeps!
I am super excited this morning! I paid off my cruise this morning!
Same here! Paid in full on Monday, and bought the airfare, too. Now it feels real.

When I called Costco to pay it, they had the final balance higher than I did. Turns out our Aulani pre-cruise waitlist had cleared, but Costco didn't let us know. I had them cancel it, since we decided to skip Aulani on this trip and just stay in Waikiki the night before the cruise. Hopefully another family on the waitlist can use that room.

ETA: We are still 9A GTY. No cabin assignment yet!

Awesome but ouch cruise and airfare same time !! Does feel good to check them off the list! I always go by once I purchase airfare your going or you better be dead !! I consider that one final unless I have trip insurance- which I only take out for the big trip ( like this one). But even then you better have a good excuse to make me cancel airfare! That stuff is too much work. It’s not like Disney goes to Hawaii very often! I am hopeful when they hVe 4 ships this will change. Maybe they will do more transatlantic cruises too I really loved that one. I spoke with several officers on that cruise and they stated their research suggested people wanted longer cruises - so maybe. They asked about it a lot while we were on the ship.
My goal this weekend is to nail down excursions- wish me luck I’ll need it,, have a great weekend and happy planning everyone!!

I just noticed that the Wonder is scheduled to use Pier 11 which is an alternate. Anyone have experience with that one over Pier 2?

Welcome ! So nice of you to join us! Please see the first page of this thread if you would like to join any activities we have going . I will add you to our roll call . We are also staying DVC at Aulani before the cruise I opted for a studio wish I would have sprang for a 1 bedroom but I wanted a verandah so opted for that it’s give and take. We aren’t renting a car at least not the whole week maybe a day maybe not. I booked our transfer with Disney to the ship.
What cruises have you taken? Maybe we have shared a ship!!
I have done Alaska, TA. Norway, Bahamas a few times, DVC Member Cruise I still need to go on the Fantasy but have been on the other 3 multiple times
Thank you for the information on transfer to the ship with Disney. Last I emailed my TA she said nothing was available yet. I finally paid off the trip! :cool1:Now dealing with the other details like transfers and booking the Luau at Aulani.:beach:

Good Evening Fellow Cruise Peeps!
well I had a huge wrench thrown into my plans today and I am seeking advice ..,, it seems Alaskan Airlines has decided to cancel the first leg of my flight to Hawaii so I can’t leave on Saturday May 2nd - they on their own rebooked me for Friday AM (yeah I’ll just add another day off ) lucky for me dh noticed on the app a message to contact them as I still have not received an email (agent said I would ) so I called - the best they can offer is Friday night flight to Seattle overnight in Seattle then Saturday leave for Hawaii / I insisted they pay for hotel in Seattle because I booked flights back in June to tell me now in Oct is short changing me all the good seats are booked and my choices are slim and cost a lot more after a long hold she said they would cover hotel up to $149 she also said flight could change again (ugh) in 35 years I’ve never had this problem she said I was lucky it happens all the time (?)
She said if I booked with someone else I could get a full refund (?)
My question - what would you do? I found flights on Delta and American Airlines both economy for about the same price with decent times and one stop - dh days book - is it common for flights to change like this? Am I and Everyone I know (I work in events ) lucky??? Seems hard to believe - love to hear from you - need to decide this weekend
Thanks !!!

@WDWEPCOT - Have your travel agent figure your flights out! You should not have to make this decision. That's what they are there for. Alaska should be able to book a codeshare on another airline or they can refund your ticket and book you on another airline (though that may cost more). If you have travel insurance, definitely see if any additional expense from this change would be covered. If you end up skipping part of your Alaska Airlines ticket you won't be able to use the remainder, so you need a solid round-trip ticket.

Flights have been changing more in the past year than I have ever seen before. Part of it is the 737-MAX 8 issue and lack of flyable planes, part of it is just craziness.

Good luck.

Alaska airlines said they could NOT book me on another airline it was too far out she was trying to piece together this horrible trip where I fly all over the US all day on a few airlines and then said it was too far out . I called today and the person I spoke with acted like nothing was done yesterday (?) and I needed to change my flight because it was cancelled I informed him I went over all this yesterday and had not received my email and since they wanted to act like this and say that they may cancel again I wanted a full refund . I had purchased insurance with the tickets and the insurance said they would cover the increase in ticket cost so I will file a claim and hope for the best
I rebooked with American Airlines - the increase total is $350 ish so I hope I can get that back. What really made me mad was Alaska faulting me for purchasing my tickets too soon!! Well you had them for sale in June when was I to purchase them? This wasn’t their fault it was mine for buying so soon ! The three times I deal with them - first lady and only ! Should have known better as I have read about them pulling this. Fingers crossed no more problems !!
I have had a day of nothing but problems (except for buying my airfare thank God) and think I should go to bed !! Dh was not happy I didn’t option for Ted bigger seats and hounded me all afternoon about the 6 additional inches the other seats have and his he JUST has to have them ! Omg we are not big people I’m under 5 feet!! For the love of God he wouldn’t know the 6 inches so it cost me another $246 so he could have his 6 inches ! Jeez ! Thank God he never says anything to me about what I spend - hello Dooney purse X2 !! Haa haa but I am going to rib him about those 6 inches ! But they do come with free wine and I can drink at 6 am no problem !!! Not too sure I can do $246 worth - doubt that very much !!!
Have a great week everyone !!

I agree with @spacecanada. The amount of flight changes these days is crazy. I'm quite sure my flights will be changed because they are on a 737 MAX 8.

I'm glad you got it resolved even though it was more expensive.

We made all of our Aulani dining reservations, at least once per day. I'm sure some will change before we get there, but it's nice to know we will have some relaxing meals at Aulani before the cruise. (I have multiple food allergies and dining out is nearly impossible except at Disney.) We also have a villa, so we can make the rest of our meals. Yay! One more item checked off the list for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts