Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

^^^ nice choices!

I think we did that Nawiliwili river cruise & fern grotto.
Is that where Elvis filmed Blue Hawaii?

Good Morning Fellow Cruise Peeps!!
I do hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday! I’m so excited - my TA was able to switch me to a 5C!! I’m just so happy to get the cabin type I really wanted ! It is GTY so I will be anxious to see where I will be assigned- I’m really hoping for AFT as I love AFT but will be grateful for what I receive! I have 2nd dining and I’m one of the peeps who love it - works better for my family so I just run with it. We are more late people than early so it would be to stressful trying to get them to anything earlier. I gave up years ago very few exceptions getting anywhere early.
Trying to get DH to discus final plans - either we do it this week or I’m picking ! I’ve got a pretty good idea what I would like to do so just need to review and nail it down. I did my budget update last weekend and after the shock from the cost which didn’t include excursions and bingo ( got to do bingo) and food in Hawaii at Aulani- I’m almost afraid to look at excursions!! This is going to make my month long cruise and WDW trip that was in each end of that cruise look cheap and make Alaska look like a bargain!! I’ll just keep reminding him that he ALWAYS wanted to go to Hawaii!! Do you all think that will work ?? Haa haa

Good Morning Fellow Cruise Peeps!!
I do hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday! I’m so excited - my TA was able to switch me to a 5C!! I’m just so happy to get the cabin type I really wanted ! It is GTY so I will be anxious to see where I will be assigned- I’m really hoping for AFT as I love AFT but will be grateful for what I receive! I have 2nd dining and I’m one of the peeps who love it - works better for my family so I just run with it. We are more late people than early so it would be to stressful trying to get them to anything earlier. I gave up years ago very few exceptions getting anywhere early.
Trying to get DH to discus final plans - either we do it this week or I’m picking ! I’ve got a pretty good idea what I would like to do so just need to review and nail it down. I did my budget update last weekend and after the shock from the cost which didn’t include excursions and bingo ( got to do bingo) and food in Hawaii at Aulani- I’m almost afraid to look at excursions!! This is going to make my month long cruise and WDW trip that was in each end of that cruise look cheap and make Alaska look like a bargain!! I’ll just keep reminding him that he ALWAYS wanted to go to Hawaii!! Do you all think that will work ?? Haa haa
Good luck with that..lol I’m waiting on my husband too. He has been doing research on our stops but really hasn’t nailed anything down either. He has been busy at work , he decided to retire for sure. Last night was his last shift but he is having minor surgery on his knee on Tuesday and will be off for that and banked time and vacation saved up so his true retirement date is the end of the year. It should be a happy time but still scares me money wise, but he tells me not to worry.

We like late dining too but with that time change of 6 hours for us it will feel like we are eating in the middle of the night...lol

Our plan is to arrive Sunday for our Friday cruise. Two nights at Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort. Will do Diamond head and Waikiki beach from there. Then 3 nights of Aulani. One day will be driving the island. The rest of the time will be enjoying Aulani. Unless Aulani puts on a sale that makes it cheaper to just do Aulani. :)

We've not really been able to dig into excursions yet.

I understand about the late dining when you're on a different time zone than normal.
But I love our routine of going to the piano bar for a drink and some nice music before moseying over to the dining room for dinner.
We just try to get use to the new time zone before we sail and that usually works for us.

I liked the piano bar thing too. But for us, the one time we did it, it was the Skyline. But I could not get used to eating that late. Pro and a Con for us.

I liked the piano bar thing too. But for us, the one time we did it, it was the Skyline. But I could not get used to eating that late. Pro and a Con for us.
Yeah add another 1 1/2 hours to your time zone problem...lol If you had late dinner it will be 3:30 in the morning at home so maybe it is an early breakfast for you or late snack.

We eat early at home too so this will be interesting.

The time zones don’t really bother me too much - I may grab a light snack early afternoon and we also love to go and listen to music or play cards or a board game before dinner. We’ve done this on Alaska and our TA and I’ve only had a couple days where I had to eat early then I was ok - funny thing it was more in middle of cruise than beginning ! It’s not like you can’t get food on the ship haa haa !! We are night owls so works best for us - stroll the ship after dinner to walk off all that great food!!

I'm going to be pretty messed up from timezones this trip. I'm living in the UK for the next while. 11 hours time difference to Hawaii.

I'm just curious. The 2020 10-day from Hawaii seems more popular with more board activity than the 9-day to Hawaii. Is it all about the extra day? I would think heading into warmer weather and the anticipation of heading to Hawaii with Hawaiian theming and activities would make the 9 day more exciting. Interested in your thoughts. Thanks!

It didn't make a difference for me - I booked them both!. My retirement keeps getting delayed so I finally decided the only way I would finally do it was to book both cruises and just go and celebrate no alarm clock to come back to.

It didn't make a difference for me - I booked them both!. My retirement keeps getting delayed so I finally decided the only way I would finally do it was to book both cruises and just go and celebrate no alarm clock to come back to.
Is that a back to back than?

That sounds awesome!

Is that a back to back than?
yes. 19 straight days

If I had been thinking at the time and knew then what I know now I would have tried to attach a trip to Alaska before I came home too.

yes. 19 straight days

If I had been thinking at the time and knew then what I know now I would have tried to attach a trip to Alaska before I came home too.
I didn’t think that was allowed? So your going from Vancouver to Hawaii and back? We would have done that but there is some law that prohibits that.

We too were toying with doing Alaska to but that would have really broke the bank.

I found a post by Princess Schmoo (I think .... username = Schmoo Here) that addresses this type of situation on another discussion board:

Good Afternoon Fellow Cruise Peeps!
I booked my transfer this morning to the Port ! One more thing off the list - Can't believe how close we are getting!
I would love another 19 days on the ship - but having done something like that a couple years ago I knew I couldn't try that again but sure wanted to!!! It was wonderful doing the TA and then doing Norway! I enjoyed all that time on the ship and could have stayed on it even longer! I was never bored - Disney keeps you busy or you can not be - it is up to you! Plus you have time to get to know the crew members - which is nice. You will really enjoy all your time on the ship!!!
I really wanted to do Alaska after Hawaii but we have already done Alaska and DH didn't want to give up time in Hawaii for Alaska again. I can understand that - but Alaska by far has been my favorite cruise it is just beautiful. I really wish Disney would do a land and sea cruise. I tried to talk DH into doing both legs of Hawaii but he didn't want to do that either so we are going to enjoy Aulani - I plan on having a couple of days for just the resort. I am going to wrap up the rest of my plans this week-end or else!!! I have most of my budget done and think I have recovered from the shock of that! I may not be taking a vacation for a few years after this one!!! I will just remind DH that he has ALWAYS wanted to go to Hawaii!!! Haa Haa do you think that will work??? Haa Haa Haa Haa :rotfl2::rotfl2:Yeah probably not!!!
I hope everyone is doing well and your plans are coming along. I hear from a fellow cruise Peep the Disney Wonder is in Dry Dock so the Ship will be nice and Awesome for us!! I would love to be able to see cruise ships in my town !! How cool is that?

Hello.

I guess I am way late for this party, but we are here now.

My husband and I will be on this cruise you all. Can't wait.

So far, we are booked at Aulani for 7 days before the cruise, we have are flights booked, both to Hawaii and from Vancouver and we have our rental car booked. I must say, I LOVE DVC! There is no way we would be able to stay a week at Aulani, in a 1-bedroom no less, for what a cash payment would have cost.

And for once, I didn't wait for the all clear from my DH; I just booked EVERYTHING!!! Got a great price for our flights, so much so that my DH wants me to try book 1st class. Naw, I'd rather save the extra money for our excursions and what not on these Hawaiian Islands.

Now, to continue to pay pay off the cruise and see what we want to do when!!!

I am looking forward to getting to know you all. Although, I have a feeling that I probably have already met a few of you on other cruises.

By the way, I am Brenda and my DH is Eric.

Welcome ! So nice of you to join us! Please see the first page of this thread if you would like to join any activities we have going . I will add you to our roll call . We are also staying DVC at Aulani before the cruise I opted for a studio wish I would have sprang for a 1 bedroom but I wanted a verandah so opted for that it’s give and take. We aren’t renting a car at least not the whole week maybe a day maybe not. I booked our transfer with Disney to the ship.
What cruises have you taken? Maybe we have shared a ship!!
I have done Alaska, TA. Norway, Bahamas a few times, DVC Member Cruise I still need to go on the Fantasy but have been on the other 3 multiple times

We have sticker shock on the cost of the flight....lol But this is a once in a life time for us and for our 25 anniversary.

My husband is doing it for me, he would have gone to Europe instead for the same money. Doesn’t help we have the exchange rate to deal with.

Thank you for the welcome. I'll check to see if we will join a fish exchange group. Haven't participated in a few years. As for cruises, in addition to what's listed, we have been on a couple Panama Canal cruises, just completed the TA, and a few others sprinkled here and there. With this WBTA cruise, we completed our second Grand Slam, with me completing cruise number 21. I haven't booked transportation to the ship yet, but will do that shortly. Just trying to decide what activities we want to do.

We booked the 1 bedroom because we like the full kitchen and having the washer/dryer right in the room. Love the jacuzzi bathtub, too. When we stayed at Aulani before, we saved quite a bit having meals in our room. Fortunately, both of us are fairly decent cooks. We'll stop on the way to the resort, do some shopping, and be set for the week. Just need to figure out a menu for the week.

I decided to book the flights now because every time I have waited, the cost just seems to skyrocket.

Well, I will catch up here and get to know everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!