Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

I love how organized you are :teeth:

You know, I said to my wife before starting this, "it's just money...there will be more....but these kinds of trips can be once in a lifetime". Is it a strain on our budget? Yes, but nothing we can't easily recover from. This is our first time to Hawaii, it will be our 1st time cruising as Gold Castaway members and our biggest Disney adventure yet. Let's go!

We are saving money by not taking our grown children. (Ha Ha Ha)

We are saving money by not taking our grown children. (Ha Ha Ha)
Us too..funny the trip is between each of their birthdays so they are bummed. May 8th and May 18th. They can’t come.

We are celebrating our 25 th Anniversary. 6 months after it but it still counts...lol

I'm just curious. The 2020 10-day from Hawaii seems more popular with more board activity than the 9-day to Hawaii. Is it all about the extra day? I would think heading into warmer weather and the anticipation of heading to Hawaii with Hawaiian theming and activities would make the 9 day more exciting. Interested in your thoughts. Thanks!

I'm just curious. The 2020 10-day from Hawaii seems more popular with more board activity than the 9-day to Hawaii. Is it all about the extra day? I would think heading into warmer weather and the anticipation of heading to Hawaii with Hawaiian theming and activities would make the 9 day more exciting. Interested in your thoughts. Thanks!

For me, it was, in no particular order:
1. The extra day
2. Because I travel so far, from a location with many cancelled flights, I add days to the beginning of a trip to ensure I make the cruise. And I'd rather do it in Hawaii than Vancouver. Nothing against Vancouver, but I've been there, never been to Hawaii.
3. I'd rather have the sea days at the end. i.e. Do some long days of sightseeing, crowds, etc at the beginning, and then relax at the end before having to re-enter the real world once more.

Reactions: NAB

We're mostly all booked now. We'll be arriving on Sunday night (fingers crossed) and staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort for a couple nights to do Waikiki, then a few nights in Aulani. Got what I think is a good price on a rental car for the whole duration. I believe the rental car company does a shuttle to the port.

My flights are a bit of an issue though as the Vancouver to Hawaii leg is still on a 737 MAX. I cannot really imagine they'll still be grounded, but if they are, who knows if we'll keep to the original itinerary.

My husband mentioned the same thing about the 737 max, plane but it was not if they would be up in the air but do we want to go on one...lol

I totally agree with your above post. I want those sea days at the end and it is a day longer .

Can’t imagine what the jet lag is going be like when we get there. If your name means your from Newfoundland your flight is even longer than mine from Toronto.

It was a better bang for our buck with opening day pricing, I think the 10 Day only cost us $50 more for the same GTY category.

Thanks for your answers. Interesting that they were about the same price. And I hadn't thought of the sea days as a restful vacation after the vacation.

My husband mentioned the same thing about the 737 max, plane but it was not if they would be up in the air but do we want to go on one...lol

They are nice planes ordinarily. And, at least the Canadian versions of the Max has the safety feature the other two didn't. It doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Can’t imagine what the jet lag is going be like when we get there. If your name means your from Newfoundland your flight is even longer than mine from Toronto.
I am indeed, but I'll be temporarily working from the UK before this cruise. Jet lag is going to be pretty miserable.

Thanks for your answers. Interesting that they were about the same price. And I hadn't thought of the sea days as a restful vacation after the vacation.
Yep, that's where I'll be catching up on sleep, breathing that sea air, and being fed 5 meals a day. ;)

That is the hotel I wanted originally in Hawaii but convinced DH to do the whole stay at Aulani 😎 I think you will love the hotel as it sounds awesome 👍
My Vancouver hotel is the Fairmont waterfront - I purchased gift cards with my southwest points to cover the cost. I had planned on that one or the Pan Pacific. We stayed st the Fairmont before our Alaska cruise it’s really nice.
Ooooo, I am jealous! The Fairmont Waterfront is the hotel we wanted. It is also where we stayed for our pre- Alaska Cruise. It is a beautiful hotel with a fantastic location! Hubby is balking at the money we are spending so I understand everyone who is keeping track of how expensive this is. 🤓😳 That said, I used points to book the Westin Grand Vancouver. It looks nice, so we’ll see. 🤞
Does anyone know if different Port Excursions will be coming online?
Haven’t even looked at the cost of those! 😳
Hope to accumulate Disney gift cards from now until the Cruise to pay for tips, bar tab $$$, and souvenirs. Happy planning to everyone!!

Does anyone know if different Port Excursions will be coming online?
Haven’t even looked at the cost of those! 😳
I don't know about new ones, but looking at the existing ones, they ain't cheap. I'm struggling with the costs of them. I might possibly break a rule this trip and not use Disney excursions since we have pretty long days and it wouldn't be terribly hard to catch the boat at the next port.

Howdy Fellow Cruise Peeps!
After Alaska I feel all excursions are cheap!! Ha ha - just my opinion but I bet what is out there is what they will have - I was not real impressed. Not sure what I’m going to do as with everyone else this is a break the bank cruise! I have to start collecting Disney gift cards again from Target with my red card to get the discount. Every little bit helps!! I also have my Disney rewards - they will cover my tips. Plus the onboard I’ll get from my TA. I need to update my spreadsheet but I’m afraid to look at the total right now!! I’ll do it after I make my final cruise pymt. DH has started to catch on and ask about cost so if I don’t know i can’t tell!!
I do know I would like to do a helicopter tour over Volcano National Park - otherwise I’m pretty open - mostly low key items - not like I can do a lot with my screwed up neck since my 2nd surgery failed and was told yesterday I need a 3rd fusion!! Well that is not happening where it will mess up my cruise!, neck has been messed up 30 years so few months is not going to make much difference.
Do hope everyone is doing well and your planning is going well.

We got moved off the wait list to Main Dining yesterday! So glad because late dining does not work for us at all.
Congratz! I'm with you. It doesn't work for us either.

We're waiting to get assigned a room. I know they often do it much closer to the cruise but I think we heard some were assigned some time ago. I'm not used to being on GTY. :)

Totally forgot the time change I well have to ask my husband what we have. Hope it is main dinning now because we usually get late.

What’s on everyone’s to do list for the 4 islands?

Honolulu - 3 nights at Aulani. Will visit Pearl Harbor after morning flight from Maui. North shore one morning. Have a cabana reserved for our last day there.
Hilo - Private tour
Kauai overnight - rent car and helicopter tour. Still need to research what else we will do on our own.
Maui - rent a car most likely. We are flying into Maui for 6 nights before cruise so will wait and see how much we get done on our stay. Most definitely a stop for last shaved ice before leaving for Vancouver.

What are your plans?

We leave a week from today for London, then the WBTA cruise, so I will start getting into our Hawaiian adventure when we get back!
I know for sure at this point we want to fly to San Diego May 1st for a couple days, then to Aulani May 4-May 8th.
Haven't looked at excursions yet, want to do different excursions from the ones we did in 2015.

Here are our tentative plans:

May 6 Pearl Harbor & Battleships of WWIIMay 7 Polynesian Cultural Center Circle Island Super Ambassador Luau PackageExcursion - Hilo, Hawaii( HI19) Big Island Expedition w/Picnic 7.5-8 hrsExcursion - Nawiliwili, Kauai (NA06) Hollywood in Hawai'i - Movies & Waterfalls 6-6.5hrsExcursion - Nawiliwili, Kauai - Wailua River Cruise & Fern Grotto Tour (NA02) 3.5-4 hrs or Kilohana Plantation & Train Ride, Wailua River & 'Opaeka'a Falls (NA03) 3-3.5 hrsExcursion - Kahului, Maui - Best of West Maui (KA33) 6-6.5 hrs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts