Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Shellb8585 Welcome!!
I will add you to our roll call - let me know if you change your mind and decide to join one of our groups - Fish Extender / Recipe Exchange etc - please see first page for helpful post.
Thanks

Hello to all! :wave2:
I am finally back on track after our first Transatlantic on the Magic. :boat: It was a great Cruise! Punta Delgada in the Azores was absolutely gorgeous! I would love to go back and spend more time there.8-)
I decided to take goodies and randomly drop them in FE’s. pixiedust: We were lucky enough to meet some great families. The cabin next to us had 3 adorable boys.:dance3: I put lots of stuff in their FE and they were thrilled. One boy stopped me in the hall to show me his bracelet and tell me about the gold (chocolate) coins they got on pirate night. I couldn’t resist telling him they were from us. I got a hug!:banana:
So I have decided not to join the Adult only FE on this cruise. I will do what I did on the Magic and just share “Pixie Dust” pixiedust: Thanks so much for making us feel welcome on this thread. It is truly appreciated.:worship:

We lucked out and got our air on Delta (also using points for first class) to get to Hawaii. We still are doing Aulani pre-cruise. Got our hotel post Cruise using points also. I wanted to stay at the Pacific Rim Fairmont as we stayed there on our Alaska Cruise but the cost was CRAZY:oops: Can’t justify that AND Aulani. We are coming home on West Jet as they are the only ones who offer a nonstop for us to get home to Orange County.
Are there any other groups that are out there? Groups like Champagne tasting or Mixology??? Or any other fun activities on days at sea?:sail:
Looking forward to this group and what seems to be a great bunch of people!
Thank you for all the great feedback.:thanks:

Just curious....with the vast majority of this cruise filled with Platinum cruisers, how do you think they will handle boarding sequence? Last year on our Panama Canal Cruise, there were also alot of Platinums (but not like this Hawaii cruise!) For the PC cruise, all platinums were boarding group #1, so they all rushed the gate area and kept cramming through.... seemed to go on forever before the next boarding group was called. I was thinking with most of this Hawaii cruise platinums that maybe they would find some way to break the platinums up into more manageable sized groupings??

Hello to all! :wave2:

Are there any other groups that are out there? Groups like Champagne tasting or Mixology??? Or any other fun activities on days at sea?:sail:
Looking forward to this group and what seems to be a great bunch of people!
Thank you for all the great feedback.:thanks:

The groups are listed on the first page -- the first few posts.

Fish Extender - Family - Who is in
1. WDWEPCOT - DH & Myself - Room - 6138
2. So Cal Crew - DM, DS, DN (18) - Room 8000
3. So Cal Crew - DH, DD (21) , DD (20) & Myself - Room 8004
4. Southerngirl528 - DH & Myself - Room - ??
5. SpaceCanada - DH & Myself - Room - 5639

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fish Extender - Adult - Who is in
1. Ahain - DH, DD (22) & Myself - Room 5648
2. Diznymom - DH & Myself - Room 8256
3. Kelsanna - Best Friend & Myself - Room ??
4. NonnaJoa - DH, DD (28) & Myself - Room ??
5.Scrapycruiser = DH & Myself -
Room - ??
Levy - Victoria,Howard, Francine (21), Griffin (24) cabin 8036
Fish Extender - Family - Who is in
1. WDWEPCOT - DH & Myself - Room - 6138
2. So Cal Crew - DM, DS, DN (18) - Room 8000
3. So Cal Crew - DH, DD (21) , DD (20) & Myself - Room 8004
4. Southerngirl528 - DH & Myself - Room - ??
5. SpaceCanada - DH & Myself - Room - 5639

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fish Extender - Adult - Who is in
1. Ahain - DH, DD (22) & Myself - Room 5648
2. Diznymom - DH & Myself - Room 8256
3. Kelsanna - Best Friend & Myself - Room ??
4. NonnaJoa - DH, DD (28) & Myself - Room ??
5.Scrapycruiser = DH & Myself -
Room - ??
6. Howard & Victoria Levy, Francine (21), Griffin (24) cabin 8036

Howdy Peeps!
Sorry I am just getting to updates and FE adds and removals! Been a bit under the weather! I will get the Roll Call updated and the Fish Extender updated tonight. I have answers and questions listed below. thanks!!!

NONNJOA - if you change your mind - your welcome to join the Fish Extender again - we won't judge!!! All are Welcome.
No - We don't have any other groups going other than what is listed on the first page of this thread - If you would like to start one - Please let me know and I will post it on the first Page!! I know I would be interested in a Mix and I LOVE champagne!!!! We did one on our Transatlantic cruise and it was awesome - we learned a lot. We also did about 3 Mix and they were fun and did a wine too! It was a long cruise and we followed it up with a 7 Night Norway cruise so it was over 3 weeks on the ship. It was a blast!!! Did WDW on the front and back ends. Cheaper to fly in/out of Orlando then fly home on points with Southwest.

As for Boarding the ship -
Have you ever been on a DVC Cruise? OMG talk about rushing the boat.... I imagine this will be about the same as DVC cruise is full of the same types - hard core cruisers and WDW Peeps! We all got on the ship - but it took some time - I really don't think peeps were paying any attention to the calling of groups - I think they just gave up and let people just start file in. I have never seen so many people in the port at once trying to get on the ship - you couldn't move! Everyone seemed to board at the same time. I will say - It is still one of my top 3 cruises I had SO MUCH FUN!!!! There is a thread asking if it is worth it - I say YES - the people were so nice and friendly - granted everything was packed - but I still enjoyed the cruise so very much! Well worth it! and all we did was 2 stops at Cast away Cay!!! But I do love that Island!! DVC cruises have extra touches - better food - entertainment - etc. They are a blast. I wish I could have done the one in Alaska - I heard it was awesome and I loved out Alaska cruise - I had one booked but gave it up for Hawaii!!!

Disneycrazy43
Are you wanting to join the Family Fish Extender? or the Adult Fish Extender? Please let me know which and I will add you.
6. Howard & Victoria Levy, Francine (21), Griffin (24) cabin 8036

After pretty much giving up on staying a couple nights at Aulani because of the RIDICULOUS price, we rented DVC points direct from owner for a Studio Island Garden View for 55% off rack rate! Very pleased to be able to experience the resort briefly before the cruise. Next thing we need to focus on are flights, probably wait until Fall/Winter for that.

Diznymom
So glad you have your flights booked! Doesn't it feel so good to have that done?? Where are you thinking of staying pre-cruise??
Dtrain
Wonderful you are going to get to stay at Aulani!! DVC is Awesome!!

I booked my post hotel stay tonight! Prices dropped in half!! I hope they go down a whole lot more but at least I have a room booked - I asked for the same room I had when we went to Alaska!! She also found a special and gave me another 10% in addition to member price discount - every little bit helps!! I will be watching it for the next price drop!! The room I have can be cancelled up to the day before check-in. I ordered 6 more gift cards tonight so should have enough to cover the hotel and some food.

How is everyone's plans coming along? I really haven't gotten anything else done - yearly audit at work so have been busy.

I booked my post hotel stay tonight! Prices dropped in half!! I hope they go down a whole lot more but at least I have a room booked - I asked for the same room I had when we went to Alaska!! She also found a special and gave me another 10% in addition to member price discount - every little bit helps!! I will be watching it for the next price drop!! The room I have can be cancelled up to the day before check-in. I ordered 6 more gift cards tonight so should have enough to cover the hotel and some food.

This is Vancouver you’re talking about? Which hotel?

Marvel's Black Widow releases 05/01/20, should be showing on our cruise. Looks like the 9nt Hawaii Cruise will get the PremEar though. Awesome!

Last edited:
Diznymom
So glad you have your flights booked! Doesn't it feel so good to have that done?? Where are you thinking of staying pre-cruise??

How is everyone's plans coming along? I really haven't gotten anything else done - yearly audit at work so have been busy.

We have booked Hilton Hawaiian Village for our days in Honolulu before our cruise.

We are flying home right after the cruise. We have a 1pm flight out of Vancouver.

I have to wait for next year to book other things. We will be going to Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center.

That is the hotel I wanted originally in Hawaii but convinced DH to do the whole stay at Aulani 😎 I think you will love the hotel as it sounds awesome 👍
My Vancouver hotel is the Fairmont waterfront - I purchased gift cards with my southwest points to cover the cost. I had planned on that one or the Pan Pacific. We stayed st the Fairmont before our Alaska cruise it’s really nice.

We have booked Hilton Hawaiian Village for our days in Honolulu before our cruise.

We are flying home right after the cruise. We have a 1pm flight out of Vancouver.

I have to wait for next year to book other things. We will be going to Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center.
We also booked the Hilton Hawaiian Village pre-cruise. Yesterday, I also booked our Pearls Harbor/ships of WWII excursion for May 6; and our Circle Island Super Ambassador Luau Package through Polynesian Cultural center tour for May 7. I had to call them directly to book because I wanted the VIP PCC show/Luau package, but also wanted to include the circle tour, and that combo didn't show up on their website. When I called and explained what I wanted, the nice man said, no problem....and took just a few minutes to put the "right" package together for us.

I keep a spreadsheet of all costs related to our vacation, and it is amazing to me how quickly everything has added up!! For the 3 of us, including 3 days pre-cruise, we are already over $18k, including cruise, airfare, pre-cruise hotel, excursions & port adventures, transfers, gratuities, airport parking, trip insurance & misc food, as well as the OBC offsets. This doesn't yet include the money we might spend on Souvenirs. Wowser!! :rolleyes2 :faint: Glad I've got a year to spread the $$$ over! On the plus side...by the time the cruise rolls around, I will no longer be thinking about the $$$ I spent, and will have absolutely no hesitation in plunking down more $$ for additional placeholder. :rotfl2::cool1::bounce::banana:

I keep a spreadsheet of all costs related to our vacation, and it is amazing to me how quickly everything has added up!! For the 3 of us, including 3 days pre-cruise, we are already over $18k, including cruise, airfare, pre-cruise hotel, excursions & port adventures, transfers, gratuities, airport parking, trip insurance & misc food, as well as the OBC offsets. This doesn't yet include the money we might spend on Souvenirs. Wowser!! :rolleyes2 :faint: Glad I've got a year to spread the $$$ over! On the plus side...by the time the cruise rolls around, I will no longer be thinking about the $$$ I spent, and will have absolutely no hesitation in plunking down more $$ for additional placeholder. :rotfl2::cool1::bounce::banana:
That is scary....we have to pay an exchange rate too. My husband hasn’t had much time to work on ours. I knew it as going to be expensive but seeing your number ...eek

That's crazy money! It's just my wife and I and we're using saved up miles for flights from Phoenix to Hawaii and Vancouver to Phoenix (Avios and AAdvantage) so no money spent there. 2 night Aulani DVC rental was $558 (with 5% CB using Discover/Paypal), cruise was $5168 ($380 back Costco cash card), add port adventures / other misc and we're planning on being right around 7K for everything.

That's crazy money! It's just my wife and I and we're using saved up miles for flights from Phoenix to Hawaii and Vancouver to Phoenix (Avios and AAdvantage) so no money spent there. 2 night Aulani DVC rental was $558 (with 5% CB using Discover/Paypal), cruise was $5168 ($380 back Costco cash card), add port adventures / other misc and we're planning on being right around 7K for everything.
We could have saved about $600 if we went with Comfort+ instead of Delta One, but here's how it breaks down for us:

I love how organized you are :teeth:

You know, I said to my wife before starting this, "it's just money...there will be more....but these kinds of trips can be once in a lifetime". Is it a strain on our budget? Yes, but nothing we can't easily recover from. This is our first time to Hawaii, it will be our 1st time cruising as Gold Castaway members and our biggest Disney adventure yet. Let's go!

I love how organized you are :teeth:

You know, I said to my wife before starting this, "it's just money...there will be more....but these kinds of trips can be once in a lifetime". Is it a strain on our budget? Yes, but nothing we can't easily recover from. This is our first time to Hawaii, it will be our 1st time cruising as Gold Castaway members and our biggest Disney adventure yet. Let's go!
I like the way you think! 8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!