Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Hi Gourt, I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you get your reservation. Perhaps it’s because they have worked out special pricing for their customers? Don’t lose hope, I actually want to use my DVC points but I have to wait until the 7 month mark. So at 7 months if I can book using points I will cancel my reservation for the room and it will be open for others to use. I do suspect that
there will be MANY cruisers also trying to use points so I am not entirely optimistic about my chances. Again, best of luck! pixiedust::tinker:

I/we would like to join an Adult only FE group please. :flower3:
I can’t tell you how happy I am that this thread is so active, enthusiastic and welcoming! :disrocks:
We will be “crossing the pond” on the Magic in a few weeks. The thread is sad, no sign ups for FE or other groups....:confused3

Anyway can’t wait for what feels like cruising with a fun group!party:

NonnoJoa
I will add you to our listing this week-end thanks for joining !!

I secured a room at Aulani - you have to call of gave your TA call to book a room. I asked for the cheapest room with the cheapest view and it was still over $500 per night. Three days later my TA is still waiting for them to send the reservation as they are so behind.
I also sent my request into Dave’s rental to rent points as I would prefer to stay DVC so I hope that works out as it would be half as much. I’m renting my points out since I won’t be using them and will use that money for Hawaii!! I am only planning on staying two nights at Aulani - I’m hoping to do 3 in town.
Has anyone else booked anything ???

I/we would like to join an Adult only FE group please. :flower3:
I can’t tell you how happy I am that this thread is so active, enthusiastic and welcoming! :disrocks:
We will be “crossing the pond” on the Magic in a few weeks. The thread is sad, no sign ups for FE or other groups....:confused3

Anyway can’t wait for what feels like cruising with a fun group!party:

Unfortunately most FE and other groups have been moved elsewhere. We were booked on the transatlantic before graduations got in the way and the forum was very active for FE and other groups. The same is true for this cruise. I stop in here every so often but most planning is being done there. It is nice for those of you that aren't on social media sites to have this forum to stay in the loop of what's going on.

What I find sad is the social media site does not want to interface with the disboards peeps - there are some of us who do not do the social media site and it’s sad that not everyone wants to be one big happy cruise: just my experience and opinion - ymmv.

NonnoJoa

I secured a room at Aulani - you have to call of gave your TA call to book a room. I asked for the cheapest room with the cheapest view and it was still over $500 per night. Three days later my TA is still waiting for them to send the reservation as they are so behind.
I also sent my request into Dave’s rental to rent points as I would prefer to stay DVC so I hope that works out as it would be half as much. I’m renting my points out since I won’t be using them and will use that money for Hawaii!! I am only planning on staying two nights at Aulani - I’m hoping to do 3 in town.

We will fly Boston to Maui for 6 nights before our 3 night stay in Waikiki for 3 nights prior to cruise. Figure if we are flying this far we want to get the most out of it. Our 3 night condo will be 1/2 the cost of Aulani and since we plan to be out and about seeing the island couldn't justify the cost for our family.

I had the same experience on my transatlantic sailing - FE was started on disboards then moved to social media and if you tried to join it was like pulling teeth - all other events were on social medial and depending on who was handling what event that you found out about after the deadline if at all - joining was very difficult. The FE became a huge nightmare as the person who started it fell off the Earth - as did most who joined - same experience with the Norway cruise I had after that - really turned peeps off in joining. Another cruiser and myself had to take over FE as the person never responded.
On to happy thoughts.....
We will have none of that here....
All are welcome in our FE and we have two choices
Adult only
Family
Just let me know and I’ll sign you up.

We also have a few other things if your interested - please see page one of this Thread.

Thanks

Hi, we are booked on this cruise. It will be DH, DS 19 and myself. We are very excited to be going on this cruise and happy we are almost to that one year point since we booked on Gold opening day!

Mom4fun
Welcome! I will add you to our roll call! Please see the first page of this thread for all the Activities - if you would like to join - please let me know.
Thanks!

I’m so excited but dang it’s still so far away. I’ll have sailed on 2 DCL cruises between booking Hawai’i and actually boarding! I just paid in full for this one so I stop spending money LOL.

Question: with the 2 night port in Nawiliwili, can we come and go as we please for those days?

I'm so jealous! I need to do a few more to get to platinum! But can't fit them in with the expense of this cruise and the stay I want to do before and after! Where did you cruise?

Good question on the two night port - I don't know - you may have better luck asking on the cruise forum where others have more experience and would be able to answer this.

I’m so excited but dang it’s still so far away. I’ll have sailed on 2 DCL cruises between booking Hawai’i and actually boarding! I just paid in full for this one so I stop spending money LOL.

Question: with the 2 night port in Nawiliwili, can we come and go as we please for those days?
I was told yes by others that have done overnight ports.

I'm so jealous! I need to do a few more to get to platinum! But can't fit them in with the expense of this cruise and the stay I want to do before and after! Where did you cruise?

We did the 4nt Dream after my Star Wars marathon and booked another 4nt after the marathon in January...getting lots of Castaway Cay time!

Thanks for that!

For those staying in Oahu pre-cruise, what activities are you planning on doing?

NonnoJoa

I booked a room at Aulani (tentatively 3 nights prior to cruise), and was shocked that they are charging +$100 per night for our 3rd person (adult)! Total $682 per night for the "lowest cost" room! WOWSER!! As much as I'd like to stay at Aulani, I'm reconsidering, as I could spend a little more than half that and still have a very nice room somewhere but easily pay for our excursions with the difference in $$. :sad1:

Last edited:
We will fly Boston to Maui for 6 nights before our 3 night stay in Waikiki for 3 nights prior to cruise. Figure if we are flying this far we want to get the most out of it. Our 3 night condo will be 1/2 the cost of Aulani and since we plan to be out and about seeing the island couldn't justify the cost for our family.
Where will you be staying in Waikiki? Have you stayed there before?

I had the same experience on my transatlantic sailing - FE was started on disboards then moved to social media and if you tried to join it was like pulling teeth - all other events were on social medial and depending on who was handling what event that you found out about after the deadline if at all - joining was very difficult. The FE became a huge nightmare as the person who started it fell off the Earth - as did most who joined - same experience with the Norway cruise I had after that - really turned peeps off in joining. Another cruiser and myself had to take over FE as the person never responded.
On to happy thoughts.....
We will have none of that here....
All are welcome in our FE and we have two choices
Adult only
Family
Just let me know and I’ll sign you up.

We also have a few other things if your interested - please see page one of this Thread.

Thanks
Is there a "no alcohol please" adult FE? My party would be interested in participating, but prefer no alcohol, as DH (62) and I (58) don't drink much, and DD (21) is Asian and has aldehyde dehydrogenase (an inherited deficiency in one of the enzymes involved in the breakdown of alcohol)

Last edited:
Hi NonnaJoa, I wish we had the same luck. I've called our travel agent (Costco) several times in the past few weeks....and they've called DCL. They are still "working through the waitlist." We'll see what happens! We've been to Aulani before, so if worse to comes to worse we'll stay somewhere else in HNL, but would love to to go back to Aulani!
Call Aulani and make the reservation yourself if you are concerned....they will ask your name & info to confirm you're booked on the cruise, but WILL make a reservation for you over the phone. You need to pay 1st night room as a deposit

Since this port has a "late night", I was disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a DCL luau excursion for this port of call

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter