Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

So anyone get refund money back yet. We keep getting small amounts at different times. Have no idea what the amounts are for. They say they are in Canadian dollars too which makes it even harder.

We did have an on board credit, he bought a gift package and transportation plus the cruise itself.

We made $38 on the Airbnb refund because of our dollar keeps dropping.

Hope everyone is still safe. Everyone here is still well , husband still going out to work.

I received all funds back yesterday - lots of small amounts - I have no idea why as that is not how I paid - but it adds up so I really don't care - I was told 30 days and it did not take no where near that long so I have no complaints! I filed my taxes last week-end and received Federal refund today - so I am happy for that too! Since DH hours have been cut I can use the money. I had called DCL a few weeks ago and cancelled my onboard gifts and water etc - it took about two weeks to receive my refund.
I have 3 Travel Disputes going and David's rentals is beyond a hot mess!
Everyone here is healthy and we are running out of toilet paper and can't find it in the stores or online! UGH
I do hope everyone is doing well - I still need to post my Postcards - I didn't forget - just a very busy week-end!!
I have to go into work tomorrow as it is check cutting day as I need to pay everyone!! DD is not working as they ran out of work.

So anyone get refund money back yet.

My refund came today. I got one big chunk and two smaller amounts. The larger amount corresponded to my half of the paid in full amount and the two smaller amounts added up to the deposit. My friend got her refund yesterday and it was split into two chunks but did add up to her half of the balance. I was frustrated for a little while trying to add up the pieces and thought for a while I was shorted about 17 dollars but finally remembered in January I got a refund because of the port fees and taxes for that exact amount. I was hoping to make some money in the exchange to CAD but the dollar was pretty bad when I paid in full so it didn't really come to much.

My hotel refund for Honolulu also came today. Extremely grateful that we picked outside excursions but hadn't paid yet because I'm glad I don't have to undo those.

Overall I'm definitely out money because of spending money in anticipation of this trip since booking in 2018 (clothes, FE gifts, etc) and not being able to get a refund from West Jet.

I’m out too hence the 3 cc disputes all in a little over $5,000 not counting FE etc just travel
Couldn’t get refund on travel Ins either but I did inquire policy pretty much useless since it won’t cover pandemics or government shut downs. Lots of lessons learned from this experience to use going forward

Got our taxes/fees refund $311.78, the rest (125%) is tied up in a February SWDAS booking. All the money is spent regardless, tied up in Disney Gift Cards....lesson learned on that front as well.

I have a nice huge bal on a Disney gift card too but compared to some other DIS cruisers who have $17,000 and $11,000 I’m good! I’d have no choice but to book something if I had that much on gift cards ! I’m not saying there is anything wrong with doing that as you save money getting gift cards I myself would not want that much tied to gift cards

Did you receive checks in the mail? How was your money refunded? I requested a refund and assumed it would be in the form of a check not credit card credit.

Did you receive checks in the mail? How was your money refunded? I requested a refund and assumed it would be in the form of a check not credit card credit.

They refund money back to your form of payment be it credit card or gift card.

Ours was back to credit cards. Now I get why they are slow. This is really inefficient.

We received four payments back on our credit card. Each of the four amounts did not coincide with our gratuity, transfer, or tax amounts individually, but together, they added up to the full amount we expected back.

All refunds (port fees, taxes, transfers, gratuities, anything else pre-paid) will be refunded to the original form of purchase. You will not receive a cheque in the post unless you paid by cheque... and I don't fully know how that would work since I've never done it.

This would have been the day we leave, actually be on the plane right now. Crazy. But we all have our health so that is good.

Still waiting on $2,000. Got our second refund today a week from the last one.

It’s been cold and off and on snow last week so it is nice to see the sun today. Very windy this spring but the grass is getting green and the trees are at budding.

Feels like Groundhog Day here ....same thing over and over during the day.

I do hope everyone is healthy and all is well. We are all fine here. Still battling for some refunds but not Disney as they refunded all as expected in less time than what was stated.
I do hope this passes soon for the well being of everyone !

Has anyone had success getting a refund from Air Canada? Despite the DOT order to refund fares, independent of fare class, they are claiming they only have to provide a credit. I've gotten refunds from DCL for taxes, Alaskan Air for my HI flight, and from my hotel in HI. AC is the only one refusing to provide a refund. I've filed a dispute with my CC and have filed a complaint at the FTC. The CC dispute is a long shot, but worth a try.

Has anyone had success getting a refund from Air Canada? Despite the DOT order to refund fares, independent of fare class, they are claiming they only have to provide a credit. I've gotten refunds from DCL for taxes, Alaskan Air for my HI flight, and from my hotel in HI. AC is the only one refusing to provide a refund. I've filed a dispute with my CC and have filed a complaint at the FTC. The CC dispute is a long shot, but worth a try.

Air Canada isn’t an American airline and therefore I do not believe they are subject to those regulations. As far as I am aware the Canadian airlines are still not required to issue refunds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!