Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

I agree I really think the loyalty program needs to be updated. Other lines use nights sailed which I think is more fair. A 3 night cruise should not be counted the same as a 14 night. (my opinion) I also think the perks need to be upgraded. Free laundry/dry cleaning :laundy: would be nice! I know of other lines that reward their cruisers with this among other things. If we are lucky perhaps someone from Disney’s office reads these threads.:surfweb:

I agree. I'll be hitting #10 next year with Disney and there's no more reward for additional cruises. I love Disney but I'm certainly looking for another cruise line now that I'm getting more free to cruise.

I agree. I'll be hitting #10 next year with Disney and there's no more reward for additional cruises. I love Disney but I'm certainly looking for another cruise line now that I'm getting more free to cruise.
This will be # 15 for us , we keep saying we should try a new cruise line too since the kids are grown and have done at least 3 alone.

Hoping we get a different gift this time or something special since it is a special sailing.

What do you think of the idea to add names and/or gender to the adult FE list, so we can work on gender-specific gifts? (example shown for Ahain below)
Fish Extender - Adult - Who is in
1. Ahain - Harry (M) , Caitlyn (F) (22) & Anita (F) - Room 5648

2. Diznymom - DH & Myself - Room 8256
3. Kelsanna - Best Friend & Myself - Room ??
4. Scrapycruiser = DH & Myself -
Room - ??
Kelsanna - Kelsey (f) and Sarah (f) - room still ?? as GTY hasn't been assigned :)

We have private tour for Hilo and rented a car for the rest. One day in Kauai I booked directly with Kauai Plantation: Train, nature walk, lunch, tour and other day we will use gypsy app and tour on our own.
Are you renting a car for both days in Kauai? My friend and I are considering it, but wondering if there's a place to park near the port.

Also has anyone looked into luaus on Kauai? I'm guessing this is the only port where we'll be able to do a luau due to on board times being early evening/afternoon for the other ports. I've heard of a few but most don't seem to be held on the night we're in port.

Are you renting a car for both days in Kauai? My friend and I are considering it, but wondering if there's a place to park near the port.

Also has anyone looked into luaus on Kauai? I'm guessing this is the only port where we'll be able to do a luau due to on board times being early evening/afternoon for the other ports. I've heard of a few but most don't seem to be held on the night we're in port.

There is a strip mall where you can overnight cars in Kauai for a fee. We might just keep ours for first day since we have a tour the second so not sure how much we would need it.

Not sure on luau since we are doing one on Maui pre-cruise.

I agree I really think the loyalty program needs to be updated. Other lines use nights sailed which I think is more fair. A 3 night cruise should not be counted the same as a 14 night. (my opinion) I also think the perks need to be upgraded. Free laundry/dry cleaning :laundy: would be nice! I know of other lines that reward their cruisers with this among other things. If we are lucky perhaps someone from Disney’s office reads these threads.:surfweb:
I agree about the point that a 3-night cruise should not be the equivalent to a 14-night. We are gold status and it's all been 7-night cruises or more since we live in Oregon and can't get to Florida that easily.

What do you think of the idea to add names and/or gender to the adult FE list, so we can work on gender-specific gifts? (example shown for Ahain below)
Fish Extender - Adult - Who is in
1. Ahain - Harry (M) , Caitlyn (F) (22) & Anita (F) - Room 5648

2. Diznymom - DH & Myself - Room 8256
3. Kelsanna - Best Friend & Myself - Room ??
4. Scrapycruiser = DH & Myself -
Room - ??

I totally agree.

Diznymom - Charlie (M) & Deborah (F) - Room 8256

For us, Kyle (M, though he adores all things Princess), Jennifer (F), room GTY (old room number is invalid, yay for upgrades!)

Do we want to add favourite characters?
If so, Kyle’s is Snow White and Jennifer’s is ShellyMay (or any of Duffy and his friends!)

For us, Kyle (M, though he adores all things Princess), Jennifer (F), room GTY (old room number is invalid, yay for upgrades!)

Do we want to add favourite characters?
If so, Kyle’s is Snow White and Jennifer’s is ShellyMay (or any of Duffy and his friends!)
are you participating in the adult FE?

Please let me know if you receive your room # so I can update our listing.
If you have provided names I will also update that as well.
if you would like to add characters - please post and I will add that !!
I will be doing a lot of updating this weekend !! 👍😎
Seems a lot of rooms have become available on the two cruises with the PIF dates.

We're doing the family FE, if there is one. We've had poor experiences with adult-only ones, and received items we were uncomfortable with, like alcohol (despite people saying they shouldn't leave alcohol in the open where minors can find it). What's the big difference otherwise? We make the same things for adults as we do for kids, or do something for the whole cabin, appropriate for all ages, with special items for babies. I guess I need to know more.

I also saw a tentative schedule posted elsewhere: Formal on 09 May, Pirate on 14 May, Semi-formal on 15 May, but it's not confirmed, of course.

Families on the cruise before us are receiving their room assignments this week already. Their cruise is now showing the ability to pick rooms for new reservations. We should be getting ours in two weeks, I think. With people dropping the cruise, they now have a better sense of inventory. And, if you don't like you room and see a better one online, you can call in to switch it. There aren't any really bad rooms in my mind, and we'd be happy with anything in our room category. Fingers crossed we get room numbers soon!

Last edited:
We're doing the family FE, if there is one. We've had poor experiences with adult-only ones, and received items we were uncomfortable with, like alcohol (despite people saying they shouldn't leave alcohol in the open where minors can find it).

With DCL's newest policies on alcohol we should not receive any alcohol.

We're doing the family FE, if there is one. We've had poor experiences with adult-only ones, and received items we were uncomfortable with, like alcohol (despite people saying they shouldn't leave alcohol in the open where minors can find it). What's the big difference otherwise? We make the same things for adults as we do for kids, or do something for the whole cabin, appropriate for all ages, with special items for babies. I guess I need to know more.
No big difference at all. I was just wondering if you were in our group and I just wasn't up to speed. :-)

Our excursions opened up for us today. Some sold out already this morning. My husband worked night shift so only looked this morning. He is our planner so not sure which ones he wanted but couldn’t get.

We have a stateroom number now: 2594, yay!! It happened just a few minutes ago.

So what's the different between adult and family FE then? Or is it simply not making gifts for kids? If that's the case, we'll stick with family FE, if we have the option.

We have a stateroom number now: 2594, yay!! It happened just a few minutes ago.

So what's the different between adult and family FE then? Or is it simply not making gifts for kids? If that's the case, we'll stick with family FE, if we have the option.
We are in stateroom 2030 and are from Canada too.

We also got our stateroom this morning - deck 5. Just called and had them move us to deck 7, which is our preferred deck on the Wonder. Our opportunity to book excursions opens up on 1/24 - should be interesting to see what's still available!

Got my room didn’t want it as it wasn’t AFT nothing in my category so I upgraded $120 to 5B to get AFT 7610 !! Yeah

I don’t know if anyone else has been trying to book Port Adventures and Palo dining today. What a nightmare! o_OI started early this morning but I guess not early enough. Palo is completely sold out for Brunch and it won’t let me book a table for 3 for dinner, not for any night at all! Wow, lots of Platinum people out there. I also saw some of the port excursions were sold out as well. This is the first cruise that I have experienced this. I must say I am disappointed, I guess I will just try to snag a reservation once we board, fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!