Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Fish Extender - Family - Who is in
1. WDWEPCOT - DH & Myself - Room - GTY
2. So Cal Crew - DM, DS, DN (18) - Room 8000
3. So Cal Crew - DH, DD (21) , DD (20) & Myself - Room 8004
4. Southerngirl528 - DH & Myself - Room - ??
5. SpaceCanada - DH & Myself - Room - 5639
6. Disneycrazy43 - Howard & Victoria Levy, Francine (21), Griffin (24) cabin 8036

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fish Extender - Adult - Who is in
1. Ahain - DH, DD (22) & Myself - Room 5648
2. Diznymom - DH & Myself - Room 8256
3. Kelsanna - Best Friend & Myself - Room ??
4. Scrapycruiser = DH & Myself -
Room - ??
Can we join the FE? I have a new cricut and hot glue gun!

Melissa & Steve

Of course you can with those credentials !! Would you like to join the adult or family or both ?

When will be closing the FE group? We are starting to gather items and wondering how many we need to make to get adequate supplies.

Yes we currently have 4 cabins - I myself think it is worth it but that decision is up to each person I’m in it for the fun and to meet my fellow cruise mates. Each person will need to decide before we cut off the FE . We could get a big rush you never know people might jump over from the sight that can’t be named and come here

Well I asked for input and received one reply and I thought it was a very good one - I say Feb 15
Now if anyone objects - please speak up

if someone would like to join AFTER cut-off - how would you all like to handle ? In other cruises we have allowed / made them form their own group / left it up to each member of the group if they wanted to exchange with new person or not
I myself like the leave it up to each cabin if they wish to exchange or not - some will some won’t no bad feelings - it’s hard being so late to form your own group - what do y’all think ??

Well I asked for input and received one reply and I thought it was a very good one - I say Feb 15
Now if anyone objects - please speak up

if someone would like to join AFTER cut-off - how would you all like to handle ? In other cruises we have allowed / made them form their own group / left it up to each member of the group if they wanted to exchange with new person or not
I myself like the leave it up to each cabin if they wish to exchange or not - some will some won’t no bad feelings - it’s hard being so late to form your own group - what do y’all think ??
That's a tough one. I tend to go with the "hard cut-off" philosophy so that people know how many gifts to work on and don't need to feel guilty of someone new wants to join last minute.

I really want to stress the FE is meant to be fun - if for whatever reason someone would request to join late there is NO guilt if you would not want to add them - that is the way it goes when you join so late - we have done this on other cruises and it worked out well no need for stress or making extras - this is just something fun to do and meet fellow cruise Mates!! 😎

I think the 15 February cut off is reasonable. We've always had FE groups with a hard cut off. Anyone who wants to join after that is in a 'pixie dust' group, where people in the existing FE group can include them if they have extras, but there is no obligation to do so. We always make 1 or 2 extras and gift them to pixie dusters or random other people with FE on their rooms - in some other FE group or whatever.

Has anyone decided on shore excursions yet? We've narrowed down a couple but still on the fence...

We have a helicopter tour and car rental in Kauai booked already but not sure on the other ports. We have been to both Maui and Hawaii before and most tours repeat things we have done before.

Has anyone decided on shore excursions yet? We've narrowed down a couple but still on the fence...
Yes, we picked ours...I was surprised that several that I had originally selected back when we booked are no longer showing up on the list. :-(

We have our top ones ready to go. Hopefully our cruise actually gets the ones that we picked. Some obviously cannot be done because we are not in port long enough.

Would you mind asking them if they already have a schedule for the beverage tastings ? Thanks !

I found this elsewhere (not mine)

The beverage tastings are scheduled as the following:
· Beer - 5/14 & 5/17 @ 3:30pm
· Bourbon - 5/9 @ 10:00pm
· Champagne - 5/8 @ 2:00pm and 5/17 @ 12:15pm
· Chocolate & Liquor - 5/14 & 5/15 @ 12:15pm
· Cognac - 5/13 @ 10:00pm
· Martini - 5/12 @ 4:00pm
· Mixology - 5/13, 5/14 & 5/17 @ 2:00pm, and 5/9 @ 4:00pm
· Mojito - 5/15 @ 2:00pm
· Rum - 5/11 & 5/15 @ 10:00pm
· Tequila - 5/11 & 5/17 @ 4:00pm and 5/16 @ 2:00pm
· Whiskey - 5/8, 5/12, 5/14 & 5/16 @ 10:00pm
· Wine - 5/13 & 5/16 @ 12:15pm

We have private tour for Hilo and rented a car for the rest. One day in Kauai I booked directly with Kauai Plantation: Train, nature walk, lunch, tour and other day we will use gypsy app and tour on our own. We will have just spent 6 night on Maui so waiting to see what we want to do there besides getting our last shave ice.

Yes we currently have 4 cabins - I myself think it is worth it but that decision is up to each person I’m in it for the fun and to meet my fellow cruise mates. Each person will need to decide before we cut off the FE . We could get a big rush you never know people might jump over from the sight that can’t be named and come here

What do you think of the idea to add names and/or gender to the adult FE list, so we can work on gender-specific gifts? (example shown for Ahain below)
Fish Extender - Adult - Who is in
1. Ahain - Harry (M) , Caitlyn (F) (22) & Anita (F) - Room 5648

2. Diznymom - DH & Myself - Room 8256
3. Kelsanna - Best Friend & Myself - Room ??
4. Scrapycruiser = DH & Myself -
Room - ??

If I have the room # it has been listed - a lot of us are GTY so we do not have a room number - I may have missed someone so if I did please let me know and I will update - I tried to list everyone where you would know their gender but if you have question please message me
Thanks !!

One of the most interesting things we experienced in the last event was when they talked through the lists of people with the large numbers of Disney cruises under their belt. I cannot remember the top number but there was quite a few over 50!

On a related note, it is a shame that Disney's loyalty programme peaks at 10 cruises. Some of the other lines have good loyalty programmes that seem to provide good benefit to their most loyal customers at the higher numbers. My parents have done an astonishing number of cruises on other lines. I'd never counted their number of cruises until my last visit. Disney is probably one of the few main-ish lines that they are not quite high with. They get some great benefits. I have to admit the better loyalty programmes elsewhere is making me look elsewhere as I get to that lovely day when I retire and get a chance to cruise like my parents do.
I agree I really think the loyalty program needs to be updated. Other lines use nights sailed which I think is more fair. A 3 night cruise should not be counted the same as a 14 night. (my opinion) I also think the perks need to be upgraded. Free laundry/dry cleaning :laundy: would be nice! I know of other lines that reward their cruisers with this among other things. If we are lucky perhaps someone from Disney’s office reads these threads.:surfweb:

Reactions: NAB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter