Having Annual Passes means infinite Disney trips, right? *COMPLETED* 6/5 California Grill Brunch

What a great first disney trip with kids! How awesome you splurged on the two bedrooms at BLT so the kids could have their own beds! The wait for DAS at guest services took so long but so worth it. It really helped my autistic son out because he had hard time waiting in line. Can’t wait to read more. Sorry about the grey looking chicken sandwich though :crazy2: I would have brought it back and demanded something else. Food poisoning is no joke, son!
It was completely worth waiting in that one line, made the rest of the trip a lot smoother. I was considering returning the chicken, but it tasted okay so I figured it was just weird seasoning or something. I've had food poisoning once in college, worst experience ever.

That room looks fantastic! Good job, future step mom :)
The room was pretty amazing. Thank you :) you made me smile.

You're going to be a great step-mom! we were there the same time, looking forward to reading a different perspective.
Thanks! Hearing that makes me really happy. I remember you mentioning you were going around the same time. Did you have a fun trip?

Your room looks awesome! My daughter could eat chicken fingers everyday.
The room was pretty incredible, definitely worth the splurge. It really is amazing how kids can eat chicken fingers nonstop and not get sick of it lol.

Ew, I wouldn't have been able to eat it either :crazy2:
It was definitely the weirdest looking chicken sandwich I've ever had.

Loving your TR so far. That two bedroom looked amazing! You will indeed be a great Step-mom, especially if you continue taking them to WDW lol.

Sorry you were sick on your previous trip, that stinks. I'm glad you still got to enjoy some great food though!

Enjoying your reviews, we love Ohana also, our last dinner there was awesome! I love your 2 bedroom at BLT. Sounds like your trip with your future stepchildren is starting off well.

Loving your TR so far. That two bedroom looked amazing! You will indeed be a great Step-mom, especially if you continue taking them to WDW lol.

Sorry you were sick on your previous trip, that stinks. I'm glad you still got to enjoy some great food though!
I think I definitely picked the wow-factor room :) Thanks. My annual pass expires in May and I was talking about it with them and they were like you have to renew it so we can go to Disney again. Also told me I needed to upgrade to a more expensive pass that can go in the summer so we can do that all summer long.

I am just wishing someone would prove me wrong about how DHS has the WORST QS on property.....
It really is. If I can help it I don't eat in that park. Maybe with the new lands they are building something will be better there.

Just read your entire DR! Wow, you are having some amazing adventures!
That is a lot to get through, I am impressed! I may have gone a little overboard booking so many trips, but I had to get my money's worth from the annual pass :D

Enjoying your reviews, we love Ohana also, our last dinner there was awesome! I love your 2 bedroom at BLT. Sounds like your trip with your future stepchildren is starting off well.
Ohana is becoming one of my favorite restaurants on property. It was a pretty great trip :)

Remy - Dinner on the Disney Dream

I interrupt our regular scheduled programming to present you with the meal I had my proposal at. I've caught up to this in my Cruise Trip Report and would like to share it all with you now.

On the Dream and Fantasy cruise ships they have two specialty restaurants for an up-charge, Palo and Remy. This was our first time experiencing Remy, and it is very similar experience to Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. Like V&A, there is a strict dress code, where men have to wear jackets and women have to dress up.

The restaurant is located on deck 12 in the back of the ship. It has large windows that line an entire section of the restaurant. Since our reservation was at 6pm, the sun had already set and we didn't get to see the beautiful views.

upload_2018-1-26_7-35-14.png

My fiance picked out the table we were seated at ahead of time. It was a cute corner booth away from the rest of the restaurant.

upload_2018-1-26_7-37-14.png

The meal starts with a complimentary glass of Champagne they prepare table side called the Colette. The drink consists of vodka and Champagne with dried pineapple cubes and 3 Cassis Pearls. This is named after the character from the movie.

upload_2018-1-26_7-38-2.png

Shortly after getting our drinks our waiter told me they like to do surprises here and he had one for me. He left and came back a moment later holding a plate with a metal topper. When he approached me he lifted it off to reveal a beautiful dessert and a ring sitting on top. I was really surprised the proposal happened at the beginning of the meal, I would never have guessed that. They pulled the table out so my fiance could get down on one knee and propose. After I said yes, they had a woman come out and start playing a song on a violin for me.

upload_2018-1-26_7-40-39.png

It was all so perfect and made me cry. Then I realized they had taken away the dessert and I hadn't gotten a picture of how my ring was presented. So I asked if they could bring it back so I could take a picture.

upload_2018-1-26_7-41-29.png

I didn't eat this dessert, so I'm not really sure what it was, but it was beautiful and I found out later my fiance had been planning all cruise with the pastry chef on how to present the ring.

upload_2018-1-26_7-42-39.png

Now it was time for the food. Before we ordered, they brought out an amuse bouche. It was fried tomato soup. Very clever how they actually fry soup and it tasted delicious.

upload_2018-1-26_7-43-42.png

After, our waiter brought over the menu.

upload_2018-1-26_7-44-9.png

Sorry the lighting isn't the best. So basically the menu is split in half. Half of the menu is designed by Arnaud Lallement of l'Assiette Champenoise, a Michelin two-star restaurant. The other half is designed by Victoria & Albert's Scott Hunnel. At the bottom they have an a la carte if you want to pick and choose from both sides.

upload_2018-1-26_7-45-14.png

This was the french menu that I ended up going with.

upload_2018-1-26_7-45-47.png

This was the American side that my new fiance went with :love:

Continued in next post

Continued

We decided to do one of each menu so we could share and experience everything.

upload_2018-1-26_7-47-31.png

This was a palate cleanser we both got, foie gras. I didn't like this.

upload_2018-1-26_7-48-9.png

My first course was a scallop. This was cooked beautifully and presented so nicely. We split it down the middle and my fiance agreed this was how you should cook scallops.

upload_2018-1-26_7-49-12.png

His first course was langoustine. The thing in the middle is seaweed wrapped rice. This was really good, I wish I had my own plate of it.

upload_2018-1-26_7-49-47.png

For my second course I had ravioli. It was in a whipped egg soup thing that I did not care for. Those three circles you can see on top were cheese. It was like digging for buried treasure looking for the raviolis in this.

upload_2018-1-26_7-51-13.png

His next course was halibut. I didn't try any since I'm not a big fan of fish. He seemed to enjoy it though. There was mashed potato in that long tube thing.

upload_2018-1-26_7-52-4.png

upload_2018-1-26_7-52-30.png

My next dish was main lobster. It came with a tail and claw in a lobster bisque sauce. It was so good, probably one of my favorite courses of the night. My fiance isn't a big fan of lobster so I got to have everything. Yum!

upload_2018-1-26_7-53-56.png

My fiance's next course was duck. I like ducks too much to eat them, but my fiance really enjoyed this meal.

upload_2018-1-26_7-54-36.png

The best course of the night was my beef wellington made with waygu beef. This was so good, cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. I love the show Hell's Kitchen and am a big fan of Gordon Ramsey, so I've always wanted to try good beef wellington. The one they serve in the MDR is not very good in my option and this dish blows it out of the water.

upload_2018-1-26_7-56-10.png

Continued in next post

Continued

upload_2018-1-26_7-56-59.png

So the premise of this restaurant is it's supposed to be Remy the rat from Ratatouille restaurant. If you haven't seen the movie he is a rat who wants to be a chef. He finds himself in a French restaurant actually doing the cooking through a human until they get caught. At the end of the movie he opens his own restaurant. So the little sauce container in the picture above is supposed to be poured by Remy himself.

upload_2018-1-26_7-59-11.png

Here you can see how tiny it actually is.

upload_2018-1-26_7-59-41.png

My fiance got the lamb and really enjoyed this. Those balls in the front are melon and tasted delicious.

upload_2018-1-26_8-0-19.png

Just like Victoria and Albert's, they brought out a cart filled with different types of cheese. Unlike V&A, they have more cheese than you can sample and let you pick which ones you want to try. I honestly don't remember what any of them were, except that they were all delicious. We both tried different types of cheese.

upload_2018-1-26_8-1-30.png

They cut up the cheese you select and we were told to eat them clockwise for the best taste of each.

upload_2018-1-26_8-2-8.png

Now it was time for dessert.

upload_2018-1-26_8-2-47.png

They brought us new napkins that were really pretty.

upload_2018-1-26_8-3-16.png

My dessert. It was presently in such a unique way, but I wasn't really a fan of it. It was really sweet and not my favorite. The outside is made of white chocolate that is painted to look like an orange.

upload_2018-1-26_8-4-15.png

My fiance's dessert, which was shaped like an apple and was all edible as well. These were like works of art.

upload_2018-1-26_8-4-51.png

Here's the inside of the dessert.

Continued in next post

Continued

upload_2018-1-26_8-5-55.png

I ordered a cappuccino, which was delicious and had a little heart in the foam.

upload_2018-1-26_8-6-34.png

They brought out some chocolate.

upload_2018-1-26_8-7-5.png

The sugar for the cappuccino was present in this cute little container.

upload_2018-1-26_8-7-41.png

Up next they brought us two little tarts and this beautiful plate that says congratulations in French. My fiance had arranged this as well and designed the plate.

upload_2018-1-26_8-8-10.png

They also had chocolate truffles that they boxed up for us to take with us.

upload_2018-1-26_8-8-42.png

These lollipops were also wrapped up for us to take back to our room.

upload_2018-1-26_8-9-19.png

There was also this box with chocolate inside. I'm sad to say I put everything in our fridge and completely forgot about it until after I had left the cruise.

This was the most amazing meal and my fiance did such a great job at the proposal, it was perfect.

upload_2018-1-26_8-10-21.png

At the end of the meal they surprised us with these drinks to congratulate us on our engagement. I'm not sure what they were, some champagne and raspberry flavor drink that was delicious.

upload_2018-1-26_8-11-12.png

And now I was engaged! Eek!

Congratulations! I loved reading that. All the dishes sound so delish, you're so lucky! I have a Dream Cruise planned but since it's our first, we want to experience the MDRs. We'll book Remy next time :) I can't wait!

Amazing story, congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Your meal looked pretty dang amazing too!!!! The Disney cruise folks certainly know what they are doing in terms of food!

Congratulations! I loved reading that. All the dishes sound so delish, you're so lucky! I have a Dream Cruise planned but since it's our first, we want to experience the MDRs. We'll book Remy next time :) I can't wait!
Thank you! It was tough trying to figure out which night to go because I didn't want to miss one of the three restaurants. I picked the pirate night since that night usually has a repeat restaurant so we were able to do all three. It's a great reason to book another cruise :)

Congratulations! Everything looks wonderful.
Thank you :) Everything was perfect.

Amazing story, congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Your meal looked pretty dang amazing too!!!! The Disney cruise folks certainly know what they are doing in terms of food!
Thanks :) This food was really amazing. It was hard going back to the main dining room after because the food there just couldn't live up to this meal.

Congratulations!! I am so impressed at everything your fiancee designed and put together for a beautiful proposal!!
Thank you :) I was really impressed too. He did a great job making everything so magical.

Aww, great engagement story! Love all your food photos from Remy's!

Trip 7 - 1/13-1/15
Narcoossee's

We had dinner reservations at Narcoossee's at 6:40pm our first night. It was my first time dining there and I had read some mixed reviews online, but most of them were good so I was hoping for a good meal. The weather was freezing this night. We took the monorail from the Contemporary over to the Grand Floridian. The restaurant is located on the water, so we had a nice chilly walk across the Grand Floridian grounds to get to the restaurant.

upload_2018-1-30_7-18-27.png

Luckily the heat was on inside the restaurant.

upload_2018-1-30_7-24-49.png

upload_2018-1-30_7-25-50.png

Cute little thing in the lobby. It's amazing how this whole thing is built out of chocolate.

We only waited a couple minutes before our table was ready.

upload_2018-1-30_7-26-57.png

We were seated at a table on the lower level somewhat near a window. We could see the Castle from our table and would probably have had a nice view of the fireworks if we had stayed.

upload_2018-1-30_7-29-28.png

The menu, I'm sorry it's sideways, I can't get it to rotate for some reason.

upload_2018-1-30_7-30-15.png

The kids menu, both of the girls ordered off of this.

upload_2018-1-30_7-30-52.png

The kids menus come with fun games to play.

upload_2018-1-30_7-32-12.png

The butter has pink Himalayan salt sprinkled on top.

upload_2018-1-30_7-32-53.png

This bread had to be the messiest bread I've ever eaten. The crust was super flaky and every time you'd rip off a piece the crust particles would go flying all over. The kids didn't like the crust and only ate the bread on the inside.

upload_2018-1-30_7-34-15.png

Kids get these cute mickey straws. I may have asked the waitress if I could have one myself.

Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!