Having Annual Passes means infinite Disney trips, right? *COMPLETED* 6/5 California Grill Brunch

Trip 3 - 9/2-9/4
Victoria and Albert's part 2

upload_2017-9-5_8-2-51.png

We all decided not to do the wine pairing and instead have some cocktails. I think my parents were worried how much wine it would be and I'm just not a fan of wine. My mom and I got the first drink on this menu. The Solerno Espumante.

upload_2017-9-5_8-4-22.png

This drink was very sweet, but I really liked it. On top is a caramelized dried blood orange. Sadly, we were not allowed to keep the jewel thing that was holding it up. (I asked)

upload_2017-9-5_8-12-7.png

My boyfriend got the long island ice tea.

I forgot to take a picture of my dads drink, but he had some sort of scotch.

It was fun dining with my parents, but they were definitely not used to me taking picture of all the food before eating.

upload_2017-9-5_8-13-49.png

This was the 10 course meal for me and my boyfriend. My parents had a completely different menu because they are mostly vegetarians, but also eat fish.

upload_2017-9-5_8-15-29.png

I went with the 7 course again since I like having choices. I also learned this time that if you don't like any of the selections in a certain category you can pick from a different course to replace it. My boyfriend and I ended up picking all the same items except dessert. Neither of us wanted the chicken or quail and ended up doing the salmon from the course above instead.

upload_2017-9-5_8-18-44.png

This was my parents 7 course menu. My mom ended up getting this, while my dad opted for the 10 course. I'm glad he did that because I've been wanting to try some of the items on there. Another nice thing about having my parents there was I got to try all their food.

upload_2017-9-5_8-19-49.png

upload_2017-9-5_8-20-15.png

Up next we are finally getting to the food pictures :)

Trip 3 - 9/2-9/4
Victoria and Albert's part 3

The first course they start you out with is the amuse bouche. It's not listed on the menu what it will be, but this one was my absolute favorite. I've been to this restaurant now three times and it amazes me how the food can keep impressing me over and over.

upload_2017-9-5_8-22-14.png

It was a chipotle shrimp with mango and radish slices. This was really good, I wish there was a lot more. Me, my boyfriend and my mom all got this. My dad got something different.

upload_2017-9-5_8-23-21.png

My dad got caviar on top of cauliflower. I had never tried caviar before and I did not like it at all. But I also am not huge on fish so wasn't really surprised. My parents loved it.

upload_2017-9-5_8-24-29.png

Our first bread course. It was a french baguette with unsalted butter and sea salt on the side. It was very good. One thing that did happen this night was they forgot to serve us the third bread course. I had thought it strange at the time, but didn't say anything. I ended up talking to them the next day and they apologized and said if we wanted the bread we could stop by and pick it up. We might when we go back at the end of the month, but it's kind of inconvenient to get there just for some bread.

upload_2017-9-5_8-26-40.png

upload_2017-9-5_8-27-0.png

My boyfriend was very good at making sure I took a picture of everything.

Up next was our second course. My boyfriend and I both got the bison.

upload_2017-9-5_8-27-59.png

Since we were just here in May there were some items on the menu that were the same. Some of them came prepared differently, but this one was identical to the last time we had it. But it was just as amazing as it was before. The black garlic sauce was so good I could lick the plate. (can't do that at this type of establishment)

upload_2017-9-5_8-29-29.png

My dad got Alaskan King crab and he said this was really good.

upload_2017-9-5_8-30-19.png

My mom got the Maine lobster. I love lobster and probably would have ordered this, except I hate tomatoes and avocado, both of which were on this plate. My mom was nice enough to give me a bite of her lobster.

Up next was our third course. They served my boyfriend and I our salmon first.

upload_2017-9-5_8-32-23.png

I loved this. I really am not a big fish eater, and salmon I hardly ever touch because I'm not a big fan of the taste. This was amazing. Just thinking about it is making me salivate. There were little onions and teeny tiny mushrooms that came with it that were good too. I wish all my salmon tasted this good.

upload_2017-9-5_8-34-18.png

My mom got the upcharge item Turbot. I had a piece and it did taste really good.

Trip 3 - 9/2-9/4
Victoria and Albert's part 4

upload_2017-9-5_8-35-34.png

Another picture of the turbot and its fancy bowl.

upload_2017-9-5_8-36-23.png

My dad got the main lobster for this course.

upload_2017-9-5_8-36-58.png

My mom had asked for a toothpick and they brought it out on a little plate for her.

upload_2017-9-5_8-37-37.png

My dad's next course was the sabblefish. I didn't get to try the fish because my dad ate it all, but he really enjoyed it.

upload_2017-9-5_8-38-44.png

Here's a close up for the fish.

upload_2017-9-5_8-39-12.png

My water glass was making a hidden mickey :)

upload_2017-9-5_8-39-45.png

My boyfriend and I both got the scallop. This dish was also exactly the same as the last time we had it. They call it an everything bagel because of the little crunchy bits on the side. The scallop was cooked perfectly.

upload_2017-9-5_8-40-44.png

I was really excited about my dad's course. I've seen this on the 10 course menu every time and have always wanted to try it. The New Zealand Langoustine. It was described as a baby lobster and tasted so good.

upload_2017-9-5_8-42-36.png

Here's a close up of the dish. I think my dad started getting into taking pictures of the courses, he took a couple on his own phone.

upload_2017-9-5_8-43-28.png

This was the zellwood corn and succotash, which none of us were really sure exactly what that is. I tried some and it tasted good.

Trip 3 - 9/2-9/4
Victoria and Albert's part 5

upload_2017-9-5_8-45-7.png

Our next bread course (and sadly our last one) was the truffle infused bread and butter. It's my favorite of the breads and I just love how the butter has all these delicious ingredients in it.

It was now time for the main courses. For the 7 course meals these are slightly larger in size. My dad's was small since he was having three more courses than us.

upload_2017-9-5_8-46-44.png

My boyfriend and I both got the Australian Kobe-style beef. I've gotten this each time I've come here and each time its prepared differently with a different style of potato and different vegetable. This was really good.

upload_2017-9-5_8-48-6.png

My mom had the salmon that we had had earlier, but her portion was larger and had a couple more vegetables included.

So the first two times I've come here I've never done the coffee. I thought it was an upcharge (which it is not) and I also don't really drink much coffee right before bed. My parents on the other hand love coffee and insisted we have it. They drank quite a bit before the end.

upload_2017-9-5_8-50-26.png

It's a cool looking coffee pot. They bowl the water underneath and it melts down the coffee above. Then they stop the fire and the coffee pours into the bottom bowl.

upload_2017-9-5_8-52-28.png

upload_2017-9-5_8-53-16.png

All four of us decided on the cheese plate.

upload_2017-9-5_8-53-52.png

They carve the cheese table side and give you a little explanation for each. Then they plate it with a little item on the plate. I liked all of these except the first one.

upload_2017-9-5_8-54-42.png

Here's a picture of the coffee pouring into the bowl below.

Trip 3 - 9/2-9/4
Victoria and Albert's part 6

Now it was time for the dessert.

upload_2017-9-5_8-56-21.png

My dad got this lemoncello dessert that had liqueur in the center. It tasted good, but I'm glad I picked a different dessert.

upload_2017-9-5_8-57-15.png

My cup of coffee, which never really went down much more than this. I needed some sugar, but they never brought any out.

upload_2017-9-5_8-57-57.png

My boyfriend and my mom both got the kona chocolate souffle and my dad got a smaller version since his comes with two desserts. I had wanted to have some of my boyfriend's, but he forgot to give me any and ate it all himself. I had almost order this too, but I had had the same dessert the first two times and decided to change it up for this one.

upload_2017-9-5_8-59-26.png

I went with the chocolate mousse. This was really good and I think the prettiest dessert on the table. On top are gold flecks and the chocolate dollops on the sides were delicious. The ice cream had some orange flavoring and I only ate about half.

We decided to take our chocolates to go. I forgot to take a picture, but they will box them up for you if you are too full. There were about eight different types that are filled with different flavors. We had these for breakfast on our last day at Disney. I also found out that the fruit cake we got the first two times is only given out if you are celebrating something. Since we weren't, we didn't get any.

So that was my third experience at Victoria and Albert's. The food did not disappoint and I cannot wait to go back (maybe for my birthday in May) It is a really expensive meal, which my dad amazingly paid for entirely. For many this is a once in a lifetime dining experience, but I think everyone should go at least once. It's more than just food, it's an experience and it's so amazing, nothing has ever come close. It was really nice being able to share this with my parents also.

Up next...Yak and Yeti

So many wonderful memories of the V&A dinner I had 4 years ago. Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of the pictures and your commentary!

Oh my goodness.......I am salivating over that beautiful meal at Victoria and Albert's. We ate there back in 2010 and still talk about how exquisitely delicious every single bite was. Thank you so much for sharing!

Oh my goodness.......I am salivating over that beautiful meal at Victoria and Albert's. We ate there back in 2010 and still talk about how exquisitely delicious every single bite was. Thank you so much for sharing!
It was a really great dining experience, I'm glad you enjoyed reliving it with me :)

Trip 3 - 9/2-9/4
Yak and Yeti Dinner

A little side note: I live in South Florida and will be weathering Hurricane Irma. So I could potentially lose power or house damage so it might be a while before I'll be able to do another update depending on how this storm hits this weekend. I'm a little panicked :scared1:, so trying to distract myself with Disney ::yes::.

Back to our regular scheduled programming.

upload_2017-9-7_10-51-52.png

When we got home from dinner at Victoria and Albert's my parents discovered an infestation of red fire ants in their room. They were upgraded to a huge suite on the 27th floor. I wish they could have given it to us since they were checking out the next morning.

upload_2017-9-7_10-55-5.png

It came with a steam shower.

upload_2017-9-7_11-2-9.png

And came with a massive balcony.

Due to a helpful person on the DIS, I was able to get a fast pass for Flight of Passage when they extended hours at 7:40pm. So we worked our day around this fast pass. We decided on spending the day at the pool and then head over to Animal Kingdom for a 4pm early dinner at Yak and Yeti and then go on our three fast pass rides.

I didn't bring my phone to the pool, but we did end up getting food at the pool. I had chicken fingers and my boyfriend had buffalo chicken wrap. He liked his more than I liked mine. But it was convenient, they served us right at our chairs and we had a fun morning/afternoon swimming.

upload_2017-9-7_11-3-19.png

We went inside right at 4. So this dinner was a bit of a mess, and mostly my fault. I shouldn't have made dinner so early, especially at a place that had multiple times when I picked. My boyfriend wasn't really hungry yet. The next problem was that my boyfriend didn't like anything on the menu. This, I feel, is only partially my fault. My boyfriend doesn't like to plan and I've picked every restaurant we've gone to and planned everything. He's never given much of an opinion on anything I've picked and never looks at menus. So if he had ever looked at the menu we would have picked somewhere else. I personally really enjoyed the food, but it doesn't look like I'll be going back any time soon.

upload_2017-9-7_11-10-5.png

Another problem was where our table was. It was located right next to the stairs on the second floor. This was a LOUD table. We could barely hear ourselves think, let alone talk to each other. Luckily, they were able to move us to a different table in a side room that was much quieter.

upload_2017-9-7_11-12-3.png

After a long time of trying to find something, my boyfriend settled on the House Fried rice, which comes with chicken, shrimp and pork. He asked for it without pork. When it came, we discovered that there wasn't any chicken, which was what he really wanted. We pointed this out to our waitress, but she insisted the chicken was there. We dug around in it and used a flash light, but we couldn't see any. The manager ended up coming to our table and offered to grill some chicken to add to it.

upload_2017-9-7_11-14-20.png

My boyfriend didn't like it.

I got the chicken Lo Mien

upload_2017-9-7_11-22-39.png

I really liked this. The chicken was delicious, the noodles and sauce were good and there were a lot of vegetables too. It was a pretty large portion and I was full after dinner.

So I've talked to my boyfriend about checking out the menus of the restaurants we go to and let me know ahead of time if he doesn't like something.

upload_2017-9-7_11-24-50.png

We had some time before our safari fast pass so I went shopping. I saw these socks and thought they were hilarious. I bought them for my friend who's birthday is in a few days.

upload_2017-9-7_11-26-8.png

This was the first time I've gone on the safari and the lions were awake. I was really excited. The cheetahs were also up and walking around. We went at 5:35pm, so I would recommend a ride around this time to see the animals very active.

The night ended well. We got on the Flight of Passage with almost no wait and it was just as amazing as the first time we rode it during the annual passholder preview. It was fun going on when it's open to all, and even better since there was a 3 hour wait when we went and got on in less than 20 minutes. I'm not really a fan of the Pandora area at night though. I get what they were trying to do with the glow in the dark plants, but with the lack of light and so many people it's hard to move around.

As for Yak and Yeti, I think there are some good food items on the menu, but I'll definitely only go back if someone enjoys the menu with me.

Hopefully I'll be able to post my next update soon for The Plaza

What an amazing meal at V&A. Thanks so much for sharing.

Sorry the boyfriend didn't care for Y&Y. Its definitely one of our favorites, but largely because we love all things Asian food. I can see how if you don't like that kind of food then you'd have trouble ordering for sure

Thanks for sharing! We all love Y&Y but I can understand the menu is not for everyone. Hopefully your BF will decide to be more involved in restaurant planning from now on. It's never easy when one person is not happy.

Above all, please stay safe. I hope you'll be okay.

A little side note: I live in South Florida and will be weathering Hurricane Irma. S
thinking of you and hoping you stay safe! Please post as soon as you can just to check in with us :)

We dug around in it and used a flash light, but we couldn't see any
:laughing: I know it wasn't funny at the time but I kind of find it funny sounding now

As for Yak and Yeti, I think there are some good food items on the menu, but I'll definitely only go back if someone enjoys the menu with me.
Three of us enjoy the food at Yak & Yeti; my youngest does not and made it known to our server when we ate there last year. I wanted to book it for our trip last month and actually did, hoping he would suck it up and eat something like the burger which he eats normally, but when he found out I was planning to go there he threw a fit so we switched to Tusker House. But the food is definitely good if you like something on the menu!

I didn't comment after your V&A review, but just like your last V&A review it makes me want to give the OK to my DH to eat there. He wants to, but I'm so picky I'm afraid we'll pay all the money and I'll leave hungry. Have to think on it a bit more but it looks so amazing!

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that I'm okay and made it through the Hurricane. I was without power for 4 days and only just got it back last night. I'm back at work right now, first day the office had power again too. My house weathered the storm pretty well, didn't have any damage. Had a lot of big trees come down, but they all fell away from my house. My house was HOT. It was over 90 everyday and not having A/C was driving me crazy. I'm hoping to get back to normal soon, but there are still 200,000 people in Broward county without power (my county) and there are a lot of trees on roads and powerlines down. Thank you all for checking on me :)

Please stay safe! Florida is in my prayers!
I was really lucky, the storm shifted west so we didn't get a direct hit. The west coast wasn't so lucky.

What an amazing meal at V&A. Thanks so much for sharing.

Sorry the boyfriend didn't care for Y&Y. Its definitely one of our favorites, but largely because we love all things Asian food. I can see how if you don't like that kind of food then you'd have trouble ordering for sure
I love Victoria and Albert's, it's my all time favorite restaurant at Disney. Going to try and go back for my birthday in May. I liked Yak and Yeti, just will need to find someone else to go back there with :)

Thanks for sharing! We all love Y&Y but I can understand the menu is not for everyone. Hopefully your BF will decide to be more involved in restaurant planning from now on. It's never easy when one person is not happy.

Above all, please stay safe. I hope you'll be okay.
My BF is the polar opposite of me with planning, but he did do a quick check of upcoming restaurants to make sure there was something on the menu he'd like. The hurricane was rough, but hopefully will be back to normal soon.

thinking of you and hoping you stay safe! Please post as soon as you can just to check in with us :)

:laughing: I know it wasn't funny at the time but I kind of find it funny sounding now

Three of us enjoy the food at Yak & Yeti; my youngest does not and made it known to our server when we ate there last year. I wanted to book it for our trip last month and actually did, hoping he would suck it up and eat something like the burger which he eats normally, but when he found out I was planning to go there he threw a fit so we switched to Tusker House. But the food is definitely good if you like something on the menu!

I didn't comment after your V&A review, but just like your last V&A review it makes me want to give the OK to my DH to eat there. He wants to, but I'm so picky I'm afraid we'll pay all the money and I'll leave hungry. Have to think on it a bit more but it looks so amazing!
Thank you for checking on me, I wasn't able to post without internet, which thankfully is back along with my power. I want to try Tusker House next, probably do breakfast so it'll have both normal food and exotic food to try. I think you should give Victoria and Albert's a try. It's great for a celebration so like an anniversary dinner or birthday dinner are great times to go. I can be a picky eater and have not had a problem there. When they call you the week before your reservation you just tell them everything you like and everything you won't eat and they will make a menu to fit your needs. And when you are there if something sounds good, but you don't like how it's prepared they can change it to fit your requests even then.

Trip 3 - 9/2-9/4
The Plaza

upload_2017-9-14_10-23-36.png

From our balcony we were able to see Epcot and Hollywood Studios fireworks. If our room had been more angled we would have been able to see Magic Kingdoms too. My photos didn't come out at all for them, but those shiny red lights are the Epcot fireworks. But with my eyes they were really clear to see.

The next morning was Labor Day. I wasn't sure how busy the parks were going to be for the holiday, but they turned out to not be too bad. They were crowded and I couldn't modify any of my fast passes at Magic Kingdom, but as holidays go, I think this one is pretty low in terms of crowds.

For breakfast we went to the Starbucks in our hotel. I thought it might be less crowded than the one inside Magic Kingdom, but they had a pretty long line too.

upload_2017-9-14_10-27-44.png

I'm not sure what my boyfriend orders. Looks like a blueberry scone.

upload_2017-9-14_10-47-0.png

They had little tables inside Starbucks here that looked out into the lobby of the hotel so we sat here and people watched. I got my usual caramel macchiato. This one had a lot of caramel, which I love. I got this ham and cheese croissant, which I don't think I've seen on the menu before. I think it might have been a new item. I really liked this and hope I can find it in other Starbucks locations. I was going to take a picture of what it looked like inside, but I remembered after I had finished eating it. Whoops.

We drove to Magic Kingdom and got into the parks just in time for our first fast pass.

Our last fast pass was for Pirates of the Caribbean. We were a little early and they had a show going on outside with Captain Jack Sparrow so we watched that until our window opened.

upload_2017-9-14_10-51-15.png

I think this guy looks exactly like Johnny Depp, still not sure it wasn't him LOL. The look his gave me makes me think he realizes I know the truth. ::yes::

Our last fast pass we finished around 1 and our lunch reservation at the Plaza was for 2:10pm so I wasn't sure if they'd make us wait or not. We were trying to get on the road earlier because Hurricane Irma was starting to become a real threat and my parents had called to tell me there was no water in any store down south and to pick some up before heading home.

upload_2017-9-14_10-52-23.png

We went up to ask if we could be seated early and they said it would be a 20 minute wait. They handed me a buzzer and we went to the tables out front to wait. Not even five minutes had gone by before it went off and we were seated inside. The table we were at had 5 chairs around a round table, but it seemed like a pretty small table and I think if five people had actually sat here they would be a bit squished.

I thought the restaurant was really charming, although a little small, and all the cast members were really friendly.

upload_2017-9-14_10-54-12.png

I had read great reviews of the milkshakes here and decided I had to try one. We got a vanilla milk shake to split.

upload_2017-9-14_10-54-54.png

So they come to deliver our milkshakes and I tell our waitress that we had wanted to just split one between us. She told me that this was one split. So a word of advice, if you are planning on getting one there is plenty to split between two people and they are so nice to do the splitting for you. It also tasted delicious and I finished it rather quickly, way before our food arrived.

upload_2017-9-14_10-56-26.png

A close up of mine.

upload_2017-9-14_10-56-51.png

Onto the food. Their portion sizes are huge! I couldn't finish this and I had been really hungry going there. I got the Philly cheese stake and it was really good. They brought me honey mustard I had asked for in little packets, which was nice. I really liked this sandwich, it was filling and tasty. It was a little difficult to eat since there was so much stuffed in there.

upload_2017-9-14_10-58-50.png

My boyfriend got a burger and said this tasted really good. I am personally not a fan of burgers so I'll just take his word for it.

We were able to eat and leave the restaurant before our reservation time came up, which was great for getting on the road. We stopped at a Publix near Disney and filled an entire cart with water and nonperishable food. There were a few people doing the same and were all from down south too. No one who lived in Orlando had started to panic yet.

So that was my fun Labor Day weekend at Disney. I'm really looking forward to my next trip at the end of the month. I am in desperate need of a vacation.

:)

I love the Plaza! So glad y'all enjoyed it and that shake looks fabulous! You are on my type of vacation schedule - lots of long weekends :thumbsup2 can't wait to read the next round of reviews from your upcoming trip!!

I love the Plaza! So glad y'all enjoyed it and that shake looks fabulous! You are on my type of vacation schedule - lots of long weekends :thumbsup2 can't wait to read the next round of reviews from your upcoming trip!!
I can't wait to go back to the Plaza, I think next time I'll try just walking up instead of making a reservation since those times are at odd hours. The long weekends are great, and I like that I always seem to have another trip to look forward to. This next one will be a little extra long since I'm taking Friday off and arriving Thursday night.

OMG did Captain Jack look just like the REAL Captain Jack!!!!
I really thought he did. Like I wasn't sure it wasn't the real one and I'm still not sure lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!