Haven't been for eight years - whats changed?!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Hi all!

Last night we booked a three day stay for March 2018 - by the time we get there it will have been 8 years - almost to the day - since I last visited DLP!

We are staying at Sequoia Lodge, have three day park hopper tickets, and upgraded to the full board dining package.

I'll have a good look through the boards over the next few months for tips but my initial, too excited, can't wait questions are:

1. Is there now free wifi in the parks?:worship:
2. Can you book Fastpasses online?
3. How important is it to book dining in advance, and can you do it online?
4. What restaurants do you recommend - I'm not interested in spending any more money, so nothing not included in the FB package.
5. Any major changes / new rides in the last 8 years?

You can tell I'm a bit of a WDW girl so I'm used to doing everything in advance, on the website!

Last time I went it was the bitterest, most unseasonably cold March ever - I'm hoping for a slight improvement with the weather this time!!

Thanks in advance!

Thank you!

Just seen on the hotel website that there is wifi there at least - whats the point of being on holiday if you can't check in on facebook!!! :p

Is there online booking for the restaurants? I had a look but can't see anything.

So excited to hear that everything has been updated!!!

The main difference will be the general status of the park. 8 years ago was in the middle of the dark ages of the park. After "project sparkling" for the 25th they've restored all areas of the park to their original pristine status. Also they've redone a lot of attractions with new effects. Pirates for example is very neat with a couple of impressive state of the art animatronics. The studios have now a neat new show and a gorgeous miniland dedicated to Ratatuille.

You should only find Phantom manor (it closes on the 7th of January for 11 months refurb, hopefully to get a massive effects upgrade) and probably Cinemagique which will host a new show, but if will open for the summer Marvel event.

Thank you! I must say 8 years ago I wasn't terribly impressed in comparison to the first time I had gone in the 90s, so its good to know its all been sparkled up again! Do they have fireworks each night do you know?

The nightime show is every evening at park closure. However it has a few bursts but it's not a fireworks show, the main elements are projections on the castle. It's a nice show, but I'm among those who liked Dreams (which run from the 20th to early this year) more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts