Have your kids started school yet?

I think schools in Michigan start back right after Labor Day.

Our school applied for and received a waiver to start before Labor Day this year. (Last year they applied and didn't get approved). So our district starts 8/22 this year. A full 2 weeks early. Our summer vacation was only 10 weeks. We are in west Michigan.

We are in West Michigan and got a waiver to start early. All of the schools in our county begin on 8/28. My nephew (in the neighboring county) begins on 8/23. My girls are in high school and the first football game is next week. My girls march so they will be at that game. There is also another one the Thurs. before Labor Day so we can't go away or vacation. If they want to make it so school begins after, they need to make sure nothing happens before and that's not possible due to the number of weeks they have to fit everything in. I hated that "law" and am so glad we are starting sooner.

I do understand your point of view, but I love that law. I'm disappointed we got the waiver this year. My kids aren't in anything they need to be home for so we really enjoy those last couple weeks before Labor Day.

Here in central Indiana, my kids went back 8/9. Some areas went back the last week of a July and others just started this week.

Today's the second day for my high school freshman :-)eek:) son. So far so good.
My oldest's college courses started on Tuesday (he only has Tuesday Thursday classes with a lab on Mondays, but no lab this week).

For those who's kids start in July, when do they end school/summer start? Where do you live? I can't imagine school starting in July. We always have been in Sept. I didn't even know there were places kids went back that early!! I just learned something!! Thanks!

Indianapolis area - we started July 27. We have two-weeks breaks in October, Christmas and Spring Break, then get out the last week of May. We LOVE it...breaks come right after each 9-weeks grading period, so there is no homework hanging over them on break. And the 8-week summer break is plenty long. We both work full time, so DD spent the whole summer either in camps when younger or working now that she's in high school.

I know one woman who wishes school had started already,

This afternoon at Target there was a woman in her 50's or 60's and a young kid about 7 or 8, perhaps her grandson. I don't know the kid did, but I saw the woman shake her head and heard her moan, "I'll be so glad when school starts."

After Labor Day around here. Hang in there Grandma, only three more weeks. :tongue:

My Grandkids go back Monday Whooppppeeeee!!!!!!!

We just got back from meeting their teachers, they seemed happy, Monday morning will be another story though......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter