Have your kids started school yet?

leebee

DIS Veteran
Summer's winding down, at least here in northern New England, but there's another two weeks until school starts. In my area (greater Bangor), teachers report August 28th, kids August 30th (for most of the public schools). Local colleges and universities start on the 28th, too. When did/do your kids go back to school?

Most kids start Thursday here, but high school starts Wednesday.

Our kids start back August 28. DS starts middles school this year, and they have a sixth grade kickoff this week. We're both nervous!

Dd in 10th grade started 8/8. This was 3 or 4 days later than they had been starting. They'll end the year a few days later.

Our college boys officially start next Monday 8/21. Our freshman has orientations and freshman activities this week.

DS doesn't go back until after Labor Day, but the summer seems to be flying by at this point! I always feel like it starts so nice and slowly, but then speeds up until I wonder where it went.

My daughter starts her freshman year in college on August 28th. Our public school here in nj starts September 6th.

My 7th grade son goes back to school this Wednesday. I'm a 5th grade teacher at a different school, and our first school day is next Tuesday, the 22nd. We're Texans.

Last edited:
I think schools in Michigan start back right after Labor Day.

We start Sept. 7th, going to enjoy these last few weeks of summer before going back to work. My son has football 6 days a week 8-6 and my daughter has cheer 3 days a week, so they're already back to the grind.

Summer's winding down, at least here in northern New England, but there's another two weeks until school starts. In my area (greater Bangor), teachers report August 28th, kids August 30th (for most of the public schools). Local colleges and universities start on the 28th, too. When did/do your kids go back to school?

Same but no real surprise since I live in Southern Maine (York County). My son starts kindergarten this year and I teacher in a different district

I think schools in Michigan start back right after Labor Day.

You're right, they do.

When our kids were in school they always went back at the end of August, like the 26th or 27th. But a few years ago they changed it so they don't go back until the Tuesday after Labor Day.

That's why we're waiting to take our U.P. vacation. We are heading up ON Labor Day, everyone with kids will be going HOME that day since school starts the next day! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter