Have you stopped drinking soda? Or cut down?

I questioned my need for soda many decades back and allow myself an occasional store bought version. Prolly drink about 4 bottles a year. I still drink seltzer/club soda though cuz I like the bubbles.

I got in the bad habit of drinking pop in my early 20's but decided there was no redeeming good from it so I just stopped. Other than the occasional ginger ale when I'm sick I don't think I've had a full glass of it in over a decade. Most weeks I exclusively drink water, coffee, or unsweetened tea.

I haven't knowingly had an artificial sweetener in a long time so I wouldn't ever think about a diet pop.

....pretty much, YES.

(although I occasionally have a Coke when I eat pizza, which, actually is rarely)

I didn't start drinking soda until I was in my mid-20s. I always hated the carbonation, I used to complain it "hurt" when I was a little kid so I never ever drank it.

Now I only drink caffeine free diet soda. Even that I only have on the weekends at dinner. Every other meal all week and the rest of the weekend is all water.

I went for about 6 months a few years ago - I lost 22 lbs just cutting out soda. I now only drink 2 sodas a day - the rest is water and the occasional wine with dinner unless I'm having whiskey/diet coke or bourbon/diet coke. Or honey vodka with cream soda.

My daughter quit drinking anything but water 2 years ago. She has been happy with it.

I used to drink several diet cokes a day. At some point i realized they were making me feel almost nauseous yet I still wanted them. I cut them out cold turkey, along with all other artificial sweeteners. I only ever have a soda (non-diet) if we're on a long car drive... usually my husband will get one and we'll share. It probably only amounts to about 3 per year. My drinks are black coffee in the morning, water in the pm, and on weekends beer or wine around dinner.

I absolutely love Coke Zero. I got to the point that I was drinking a 2 liter every day. I started noticing that it was messing with my bladder. I would need to go frequently and urgently. Once I cut out the soda a few years ago, my problem went away. I now drink coffee in the morning and maybe a cup in the late afternoon and home brewed plain black iced tea most of the rest of the day with some water thrown in. I still will occasionally order it if I am out (but as Lilacsforme mentioned upthread, McDonalds no longer carries it and it seems to be getting harder to find) or on vacation. I also buy the fridge packs when we have parties and if there is any leftover I will drink it but once it’s gone that’s it. It doesn’t seem to bother me if I only drink 1-2 on an occasional basis.

I absolutely love Coke Zero. I got to the point that I was drinking a 2 liter every day. I started noticing that it was messing with my bladder. I would need to go frequently and urgently. Once I cut out the soda a few years ago, my problem went away. I now drink coffee in the morning and maybe a cup in the late afternoon and home brewed plain black iced tea most of the rest of the day with some water thrown in. I still will occasionally order it if I am out (but as Lilacsforme mentioned upthread, McDonalds no longer carries it and it seems to be getting harder to find) or on vacation. I also buy the fridge packs when we have parties and if there is any leftover I will drink it but once it’s gone that’s it. It doesn’t seem to bother me if I only drink 1-2 on an occasional basis.

Interesting about the bladder issues. Many years ago I was drinking several cups of hot tea a day. Thinking about all the sugar I was also drinking (I like it sweet), I switched over to Nutrasweet (aspartame). After a few months of that, I started having urgency issues, feeling like I had to go all the time. I kept thinking it was a UTI, but I was clear. As soon as I stopped the Nutrasweet, it stopped. I won't touch another artificial sweetener.

I drink one 1 can of some kind of diet soda every day. Won't be stopping. No problems with it

DH drinks 3 a day. He has lost 30 pounds in the last 6 months. He does not drink coffee so that is his caffeine....He is a Coke Zero addict

I drink far too much Pepsi Max. I cut it out completely for several years and I started drinking it again to get caffeine after some medication I was taking made me really dopey. I started on a cab in the morning to wake me up, and it snowballed from there.

Some people do better with moderation, others with abstaining completely. I’m in the latter category. I have tried several times to cut down, or only drink it when I’m out, but I always cave. Once we get back from Disney World soon, I’m going to stop again completely.

Caffeine withdrawal is not pretty, so you may want to consider taking headache tablets with caffeine in them for the first couple of days of stopping, while your body gets used to it. My dentist told me that trick and it really helped.

Not much at all -- pretty much only when I have a Rum & Coke, and I'm not a big drinker so that might be 6 times a year. I used to drink a lot of soda when I was a kid/teenager but once I was in my 20's I kind of grew out of the habit.

I do drink sparkling seltzer water, coffee, tea, and an occasional iced tea (usually out at a restaurant or something).

I've tried to cut back now and then, but the caffeine really helps keep my migraines away. When I have tried to quit, the headaches kick in around days 2-3 and I usually give up and have a soda around day 6-7. I typically drink 2 cans of Coke or Pepsi a day - sometimes 3 if it's been a bad day.

Well, it takes me a whole day to drink one can of soda. Typically I drink caffeine free regular coke. Switching to tea doesn't really work for me, as I drink it sweet.

I also drink green tea, but still.... sweetened with sugar....

I'm to opposite - I can drink a can of coke (with tons of ice, poured into a glass) really fast. But it takes me an entire workday to drink one cup of coffee. I make it, let it cool, take a few sips, forget about it for a while, drink some more, forget about it for a few more hours, then down the rest just before going home or logging off for the day lol Good thing I like cold coffee!

Any kind/flavor of tea without sugar is fine for me. My mom was a tea drinker, and never added anything to her tea, so until I was like 12 I never even knew tea could be sugary! We grew up in the North with no cable in the 80's and didn't eat out much, so I was a little "tea" sheltered lol

Never much of a soda drinker. I typically have a Coke Zero or a Diet Pepsi, which I prefer.. maybe once a month.

I drink LaCroix and live on filtered water when home and bottled when I leave home. We take cases of water with us if traveling.

I enjoy a good glass of wine or a fun cocktail when out dining.

I love soda!!! Just not colas.
I have switched to mostly plain seltzer to satisfy my bubble urge.

I will indulge in a ginger ale with Chinese food. It just goes so well together.

Drank a ton of soda during my younger years. When I started watching weight/dieting, I actually gained close to 20 pounds within the first 6 months of stopping. Now I'll do maybe 2-3 cans a week of Ale 8 (Ginger Ale type drink in KY).

Used to drink a ton of sweet tea also. Slowly changed over to unsweet. I hit a 5 month plateau in my weight loss this summer, felt I needed a pick me up and bought a sweet tea at McDonalds on 2 consecutive mornings. Over the course of the week I lost 5 pounds and punched through the plateau.

I can only drink straight water during workouts, it does nothing for me any other time. :(

I don’t like soda, I drink water, unsweetened iced tea, and coffee with no sugar. I do like seltzer, and just had a hard one!

About twice a month I will drink soda. Since I am so limited on what I can have (no caffeine, no citrus, and no artificial sweeteners) it is hard to find any soda that I can drink out. So as long as I don't buy it at the store, I am golden!

I pretty much drink water and herbal teas.

I never drank much (mom was ahead of her time with nutrition stuff and we were not allowed as children), probably drank more in my 20's, but now just have soda a few times a year (regular coke). I do drink beer though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!