Have you stopped drinking soda? Or cut down?

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
i stopped drinking Diet Coke a few weeks ago. I’ve had one every day for probably twenty years. Recently I read a few articles about how unhealthy it really is.

Have you ever quit drinking soda or cut back?

I’m trying to decide if I should have none or if I should just have one now and then when we go out for pizza etc. or if that makes it more difficult.

Anyone else stopped drinking soda? Do you have one now and then?

when i restarted the south beach diet last year i stopped drinking my diet cokes and swapped it out for basic iced tea (tea/water/lemon). when i reached goal weight while i stuck to the diet i added back diet coke-AND GAINED weight, sure enough when i stopped them again i continued to lose.

i do one OCCASIONALY (or my beloved tab) but for the most part i'm a coffee/iced tea/water drinker (i now get a bloated feeling when i drink any type of soda).

I occasionally drive through McD's and treat myself to a diet coke- maybe 2x a month. The only time I buy soda is gingerale when I am not feeling well.

I switched from coke to Coke Zero a few years ago, and then when Coke Zero started getting hard to find in my area (McDonald's stopped carrying it, and that was my favorite "treat") I switched to Diet Coke, which made me not really want soda at all lol

Now I will have a sip here and there of DH's soda in the evening, but for the most part I don't buy it or drink a whole glass of it myself. Every once in a while if we are at a restaurant where they offer Coke Zero I will get one, but I rarely finish it.

I have been big on green tea with lemon lately and have felt much better than when I was drinking a lot of soda

Well, it takes me a whole day to drink one can of soda. Typically I drink caffeine free regular coke. Switching to tea doesn't really work for me, as I drink it sweet.

I also drink green tea, but still.... sweetened with sugar....

I've gone from a daily coke or two down to maybe once a month. The rest of the time I'm a LaCroix addict. Something like 3-5 a day. In fact I'm sipping on an Orange La Croix while typing this. Love that stuff.

I never thought I would give up real Coke but a few months ago I switched to Coke Zero & it was ok. Then I was at a restaurant that didn't have Coke Zero, only Diet Coke so I tried that and actually like it better than the Zero. And I'm the one who always though Diet Coke was the nastiest thing on earth, lol.
I don't drink as much diet soda as I did regular soda tho. My go to's are Fresca, Diet Coke & seltzer water spiked with lemon or lime juice.

I switched from a hardcore minimum 6 pack a day Pepsi drinker to a one or two a day Diet Dr. Pepper drinker about 20 years ago. About four years ago I quit cold turkey because everyone kept telling me how bad it was for me and how much better I’d feel. I had crushing headaches for about a week but, it was also an extremely stressful time in my life. Went without for about ten months but the thing is there were no changes. I didn’t feel any different or “better.” I could not find any discernible differences in the way I felt so I started drinking it again.

I do drink tons of water throughout the day and other than a Mojito with a dinner out every once in a blue moon I don’t drink my calories. So, there’s that I guess.

I cut back because of the same reasons. I love it though it's my old vice :rotfl2:. I don't buy it for the house but I will order it when I'm out.

I have cut my Coke compsumption in about half---I love fresh brewed iced tea (just tea and lemon/lime, no sugar) but can'T seem to make ice fast enough for it---so we found a cold brew iced tea Ican get shipped in from the Uk for not too much and now that i can make it in the fridge it is my go to at home. But when we are out, I still grab a soda.

I cut out soda several years ago. I replaced it with plain black tea and water. I will drink a sip every now and then. Dh still drinks it and I will drink a sip of his.

Mine was really more of a budget saving move. It has become so expensive in restaurants that I just always order water unless I know they have really great iced tea which most places don’t.

I was never a big soda person-I always preferred iced tea, and that's what I order in restaurants. At home, since I'm on a diet, I drink flavored seltzer and it's pretty good.

I rarely drink soda, always have. Maybe a few times a year, at most. I drink coffee in the morning, water throughout the day, and wine at night. About twice a month I will drink diet lemonade from Chick Fil A.

I don't buy it for the house but I will order it when I'm out.
I started doing this a few years back and it helped a lot. It also lowered our grocery bill! I grew up in a house with a 'soda fridge' which is exactly what it sounds like- an old fridge in the basement completely filled with soda. So it was a tough habit to break.

Now I try only to drink it on the weekends but from what I know/have heard, the best thing is to cut it out completely.

I drink soda maybe once a week, sometimes twice but never diet soda- Soda is bad enough for you without adding in the cancer causing artificial sweeteners. If I can get it I prefer caffeine free coke.

Soda is my only vice, so I haven't cut back or dropped it completely. I don't drink coffee or tea, and hate diet soda. I don't drink any beer, wine or alcohol. It has to be regular classic Coke for me, sometimes Sprite or A & W rootbeer once in awhile. I buy 2 liter bottles, and probably only drink 1 a week anyhow.If we go out, I always order water. I hate paying the price they want for soft drinks in restaurants.

I stopped drinking soda 8 years ago. I had weight loss surgery and you aren't supposed to drink carbonated drinks. The only time I have some soda is when it's in a mixed drink. :laughing: Usually just a splash and not much carbonation.

I drink coffee in the morning, water throughout the day, and wine at night.

This is me exactly.

I grew up in a house where soda pop wasn't really allowed - at least it wasn't something my mother bought. Anyway, as we grew into teenagers & adults my 2 brothers became total soda pop fiends and to this day they drink several per day. As for me - I don't care for carbonated drinks overly much and don't drink soda pop at all. I understand it can be hard to quit drinking it though...I know I'd hate to give up my AM cup of coffee!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter