• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you stayed at the Renaissance Hotel to visit SW?

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
I just booked one night out of our July stay at the Renaissance Hotel across from Seaworld. Would love to hear anyone who has stayed here! Can you walk from the hotel, or are you better off driving? What is the pool like? Can anyone compare the rooms to any of the WDW on-site hotels as far as size? How are the restaurants? Would we be better off eating at SW or at the hotel? Lots of questions, I know, but would greatly appreciate any feedback! Thanks!!

Many will respond with positive reviews.
We stayed there last July when we went to DC, then SWF July 4th weekend. It was the best.
Yes, you can walk from the resort to SWF. The pools are nice.
We didn't eat in the restaurants because we stayed on the club level and they give you free breakfast and dinner snacks. They have a snack stand in the atrium, a breakfast restaurant, and some fancy restaurants. There are many nice places to eat at SWF, so it's up to you, you'll find good food to eat. The athmosphere of the place is just nice, hard to explain. They have music playing during the day, you see a big open atrium, everything is right there, and the place is spotless.

Go here and you'll see pics of a regular club room.

http://home.attbi.com/~robvia/SeaWorld1.htm

Thanks, and what a great report! We will also be going to DC during our trip, so I really enjoyed the info you gave!

We stayed for 3 days in February. It took us less than 5 minutes to walk from the hotel to the ticket booth at Seaworld. DC is on the other side of Seaworld from the hotel so driving there would be better. The room was absolutely huge - about the largest we have ever stayed in. It is only a 2-3 mile drive north on International Drive to some great restaurants (we like Bahama Breeze).

Our room overlooked the pleasant pool area (with jacuzzi) and tennis courts. We booked the room through Priceline for $65/night. Check out biddingfortravel.com to find out more about bidding through Priceline.

berzabout-
I used to live in Ypsilanti a few years ago while going to EMU! Actually it's been more than a few years, but who's counting! Moved to Ann Arbor for the next 7 years, but now we are entirely out of the area (Oakland County). Just wanted to say hi, and that I'm really looking forward to our stay at the Renaissance, thanks for the info!

we stayed there a couple of years ago and found our room to be a little bit "dirty". Not want you would expect out of a deluxe reort. More specifically, the carpet was in dire need of a cleaning or better yet, replacement. We became sickened(maybe too harsh?) when after spending the first hour or so of our visit, barefoot in our room, we discovered that the soles of our feet were FILTHY! We were disgusted and after washing our feet, we spent the rest of our vacation wearing our shoes or flip-flops even in our pajamas to avoid the floor funk. Needless to say, we probably over-reacted, but if the floors were that messy, what else was not clean? I mean do we need to take the sheets and beddings down to the laundromat and watch them become clean? Is the bathroom clean? I did not even want to think about that. Fortunately after our knee-jerk hypercondriac(sp?) reaction we took a more level headed perspective and realized that it WAS only the carpet that needed attention. Regardless, we still kept our shoes on the rest of the visit.
HAVE FUN

We stayed at the Renaissance across from Sea World for 2 nights in March. We loved the place! The room was very big and nice. We did not find it dirty at all.

Everyone we dealt with at the resort was so friendly and accomodating! All room requests were met with no trouble.

We ate at the restaurant one night. Food was good, there was a buffet and they also had a kid's menu. The wait staff were so nice and really great with the kids! I've heard there is a great brunch on Sundays, but we left on Saturday.

We walked to Sea World - just across the street and through the parking lot - wouldn't be worth it to drive really. Then you'd have to pay the $7 parking fee and you might not be much closer to the entrance.

There was a sign at the Guest services desk in the hotel lobby to ask about a Sea World gift. We were given a voucher to redeem at Sea World for a pin.

Have fun!!

I did not find it dirty on our visits either - just the opposite - the staff is exceptional - the restuarant is just great - sometimes the rooms include the breakfast buffett - it is great - the rooms are very big - and everything was clean. This is a business hotel or was before it became part of the Marriott. so it has a business office for your use, a beauty shop, a fitness center, a real nice playground, several restuarants. the swimming pool is outside most Reinassance swimming pool are inside - but it is very big and nice, there is a tennis court.

yes the walk to SW is not hard. maybe 2 city blocks or 3 not far at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter