Have you met the Trackers, Ryno and Craig or Rick and Nikki?

Not a fan of podcasts or vlogs in general. Did read written review of SF dining from few of the group of the people mentioned, was entertaining. Wish there would be more print oriented reviews.

Even if i remembeed what they looked like from pictures I’ve seen, would never approach them in public, but to each their own. Interactions probably come with the territory, assume they’ve become proficient with dealing with it.

No me neither.......never watched a podcast or vlog after I tried once.......I much prefer the written word too.....never heard of half the folks mentioned.........Tim Tracker I have heard of and we saw him and his wife at HHN last year, but wouldn’t bother to go speak to him.......

To be honest I prefer reviews from the average Joe than professional vloggers.

To be honest I prefer reviews from the average Joe than professional vloggers.
Got to agree - and IMO these various "influencers" seem to be getting a lot of benefits they claim have nothing to do with their vlogs
A lot of YouTube seems to be that way - if you can pull it off more power to you - but it seems like the corporations are taking over youtube from teh content creators so get it while you can.

That being said I do watch a few of them - just to get an idea of what is actually going on in the parks since they are there weekly if not daily - but I really have no interest in meeting any of them.

Personally I'd be more interested in having a pint with some of the regulars on this board

Got to agree - and IMO these various "influencers" seem to be getting a lot of benefits they claim have nothing to do with their vlogs
A lot of YouTube seems to be that way - if you can pull it off more power to you - but it seems like the corporations are taking over youtube from teh content creators so get it while you can.

That being said I do watch a few of them - just to get an idea of what is actually going on in the parks since they are there weekly if not daily - but I really have no interest in meeting any of them.

Personally I'd be more interested in having a pint with some of the regulars on this board

lol....me too!!

I`ve met a lot of folks on here and all have been so cool!!! And keep in touch with most!

I did glance at TT few years back when I first head of him, but not for me.....I can see the appeal of him though and seems like a nice guy.....

I often wonder how you officially become "an influencer" lol...….

I have met Craig, Ryno, and Kylie at DIS podcast events. I have never happened upon them in the park. I have talked the most with Craig and Ryno. They are very nice and willing to talk with people. I have never seen the Trackers, but I occasionally watch their videos. Craig and Ryno do this for a living. I suspect the Trackers make some money doing it, but I think they just started doing it to help others out there who wanted info. I suspect that all of them would laugh at the idea of being an "influencer":rotfl2:They're all theme park nerds for goodness sake; they're not fashionistas.

I suspect that all of them would laugh at the idea of being an "influencer":rotfl2:They're all theme park nerds for goodness sake; they're not fashionistas.

Not those guys, as I’ve genuinely never heard of them before but even though I don’t have any type of social media I had a look at a few Instagram and twitter accounts last night and I was surprised how many describe themselves as “influencers”........I had no idea there was such a thing till recently!!!!

Nothing to do with fashion, so I guess you can be influencers for anything.........who knew!!! I’m so old!!! :D

Not those guys, as I’ve genuinely never heard of them before but even though I don’t have any type of social media I had a look at a few Instagram and twitter accounts last night and I was surprised how many describe themselves as “influencers”........I had no idea there was such a thing till recently!!!!

Nothing to do with fashion, so I guess you can be influencers for anything.........who knew!!! I’m so old!!! :D

I'd argue that you're an influencer Carole! Especially in the DIS Universal niche.... all kinds of great info you provide, you're always responding to questions and helping people out. Your trip reports showcase a tonne of neat things about the parks, you're funny and honest with the things you try in Orlando. People would be influenced to do (or not do) by your actions on here, definitely.

Never too old!! :D

I have met Craig, Ryno, and Kylie at DIS podcast events. I have never happened upon them in the park. I have talked the most with Craig and Ryno. They are very nice and willing to talk with people. I have never seen the Trackers, but I occasionally watch their videos. Craig and Ryno do this for a living. I suspect the Trackers make some money doing it, but I think they just started doing it to help others out there who wanted info. I suspect that all of them would laugh at the idea of being an "influencer":rotfl2:They're all theme park nerds for goodness sake; they're not fashionistas.

I don't know if they would laugh at it. I have noticed that there is a huge uptick in the Trackers, DIS Unplugged, Adam Hattan reporting getting free tickets, free special event tickets, going to free media previews, going on media cruises, etc. (To their credits, they ALWAYS say when something was free.) They have to know that Disney and Universal are comping these things to get cheap advertisement.

I don't get the influencer thing either, but I am just a nerd:D I have heard of people called influencers, and they weren't people that I had ever heard of. I think people refer to someone as an influencer when they don't really have a job in a media related field but have somehow become popular. It's just a different term for You Tubers:rolleyes:

I don't know if they would laugh at it. I have noticed that there is a huge uptick in the Trackers, DIS Unplugged, Adam Hattan reporting getting free tickets, free special event tickets, going to free media previews, going on media cruises, etc. (To their credits, they ALWAYS say when something was free.) They have to know that Disney and Universal are comping these things to get cheap advertisement.

I think they know that they get free stuff. There are lots of media that get free stuff that many of us have never heard of. I think they would laugh at the idea that they had any influence over peoples likes/dislikes or trends. Working in media is a real job/career, but being an influencer sounds the like what the popular cheerleader from high school does after graduating with no real skill seto_O

I don't get the influencer thing either, but I am just a nerd:D I have heard of people called influencers, and they weren't people that I had ever heard of. I think people refer to someone as an influencer when they don't really have a job in a media related field but have somehow become popular. It's just a different term for You Tubers:rolleyes:

I think they know that they get free stuff. There are lots of media that get free stuff that many of us have never heard of. I think they would laugh at the idea that they had any influence over peoples likes/dislikes or trends. Working in media is a real job/career, but being an influencer sounds the like what the popular cheerleader from high school does after graduating with no real skill seto_O

Oh, I'm sure they thought it was funny the first time they heard it. I'm just staying I'm sure they've heard it by now. I think I saw a video of the Trackers in one of their first "media" events, and they did just seem like park nerds who happened upon this YouTube fame.

I think Craig and Ryno specifically wanted to be involved in media and advertising. They were hired to do specific production jobs. I don't doubt that they are also park nerds, but Pete wasn't just going to hire people who like Disney for those roles.

More than a few influencers raking in advertiser $ on youtube/FB. Seems to be primarily pop culture people, who have learned to capitalize on being ‘famous or infamous’. Nice gig to get paid $25K to post a like on FB. No, i don’t follow any of them but marvel at the absurdity of it.

More than a few influencers raking in advertiser $ on youtube/FB. Seems to be primarily pop culture people, who have learned to capitalize on being ‘famous or infamous’. Nice gig to get paid $25K to post a like on FB. No, i don’t follow any of them but marvel at the absurdity of it.

I saw something on BBC about live streamers in China. People follow them online live and give the electronic gifts/money to talk with them, sing requested songs, etc. I guess it's incredibly popular since the Chinese government blocks a lot of western internet content. Definitely not of my generation.

I'd argue that you're an influencer Carole! Especially in the DIS Universal niche.... all kinds of great info you provide, you're always responding to questions and helping people out. Your trip reports showcase a tonne of neat things about the parks, you're funny and honest with the things you try in Orlando. People would be influenced to do (or not do) by your actions on here, definitely.

Never too old!! :D

Lol......I loved this!!! I’m sure there’s many won’t agree with you though........

But thank you so much, it was very nice of you to say and kind too, you made me smile.........:flower3:

I didn't see them. I was kinda hoping they would come back and do an update on Madame Tussauds after they added the Justice League: Call of Heroes exhibit, but they didn't.

It's not a deal-breaker if I meet them or not. I find Trackers' videos incredibly informative when it comes to planning Florida vacations and what attractions to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!