Have you ever spent hours on a project then

vanyel

Mouseketeer<br><font color=db28a5>I like to escape
didn't like it and took it all apart?

I worked on a necklace last night that looked really cute, until I put it on. You would have thought I would have learned my lesson from the last time I made something that I didn't like. My craft room needs a mirror because I'm too lazy to go upstairs to look in the mirror (it's in the basement). It didn't lay right on my neck and the special beads (you know the ones you "save"), weren't in the right place. Even the length was a little bit off.

Oh well, all I've wasted is some wire.

I knitted a sweater with cables and everything so lots of work but it doesn't quite fit. So I need to undo some of it and take it in to make it smaller but I can't bring myself to do it. I just don't have the energy.

It sucks when that happens!

I spent the better part of a weekend frantically knitting a scarf...then decided I really hated the pattern and ripped it ALL out to start over again!! I have the same problem when I make my medieval outfits...I'll spend hours on it, using a pattern I've used before, only to find that I don't like the cut of the bodice when I'm done *sigh* What a waste of fabric and handsewing!!! :sad2:

Both of those sound worse than my "ugly" necklace. I never could get the hang of knitting, as much as my grandmother tried to get me to learn. She'd be proud of my daughter who knits for relaxation and has made some beautiful scarves.

I do that constantly, with pretty much any craft project I start. I'm a perfectionist about stuff like that and if I even start to get the faintest notion that I might not be completely in love with the way something is turning out, I'll undo it and start over (or worse yet, abandon it and start something else). That's probably why I've got about a dozen half-completed scarves and 2-3 afghans lying around here, and why anything I paint (e.g. unfinished wood) ends up with 5-6 different-colored coats of paint on it from the various times I've changed my mind. I think I've got one bracelet that I liked after the first stringing; the rest've been done and redone I don't know how many times. :rolleyes: :blush:

I know I have so many UFO's (unfinished objects) in my craft room, I should open a store. When I start getting unhappy with the way something is looking, I just stop and move on to something else. When I get around to looking at it again, sometimes I love it, other times it gets trashed and reused.

I find I never like anything when I first finish it. I need to take time away, and then look with "new" eyes. Although, sometimes even LOTS of time won't help some things... :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter