Have you ever misbehaved at Disney?

I snapped at my son at one point about his desire to stay in the pool all day. I feel like that happens at least once per vacation and I always feel like "that parent" for getting grumpy with my kid on vacation. But seriously, why are we paying all this money to go places when you only want to see the pool, kid.

I also got nasty with someone who pushed in front of me just before a show was supposed to start and then wouldn't take off her huge Mickey ears. It wasn't effective. She got indignant that I was passive aggressive and refused to take the ears off. Typing all of this out is making me feel like a grump. I swear I am usually pleasant.
No, you are not a grump asking someone to take their Mickey ears/Goofy hat/large head attire off. I do it all the time, I have as much right to a decent view as that person has. More often than not they are fine with it as they forget they are wearing it, but, there's always one....

Mine is really bad compared to most of these, but I need to confess to get it off of my mind. We kept our long weekend the weekend that WDW closed on 3/16. On the Saturday morning we left, it didn't seem like a big deal. Until I went to Publix and saw how overrun it was--panic was beginning to set in in my area (the fact that WDW was closing at all should have tipped me off!). When we got to our hotel, there was a mass exodus as we were checking in. I wanted to leave then and there but now the others refused. We went to MK all day then straight to Epcot at night. I usually stick to wine at the countries, no idea why I also had that sake at Teppan Edo... the next day when I woke up I had a black eye! My husband pieced together that I had fallen in the Japan bathroom. He said I seemed completely normal at dinner then just got up and left. I was super ashamed, still am. The next night we skipped Epcot in favor of Hollywood.

I don't know if that is REALLY bad to be honest. I mean you had too much sake, it happens. lol

I have just gotten pissy there like many, and it ALWAYS results from rude entitled people. I can't stand the front rowers who insist on putting their kids on their shoulders. And I can't stand the entitled stroller and scooter people who ram into your ankles. So there are several times my BP spikes and I start to get irritable. Luckily it usually just results in ear shot commentary and has never led to a conflict. But man WDW can piss me off sometimes. I will say though leaving the kids at home last trip helped immensely with my stress level.

Man these stories remind me why I hate parades and fireworks. I'm not a fighter, but I always come close at these events. Wife and I decided we are doing dessert parties from here on out.

Don’t have to worry about that anymore.
Maybe that is why Disney is giving guests what they surveyed for...less fireworks and parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter