Have you ever had a shock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
over ten years ago my sister and I and few of our teenage friends were leaving MK in the post firework throng and one of us accidently bumped into a lady in a wheelchair, but not hard or anything and quickly apologized and made sure all was good. next thing you know she starts screaming b**** and "chasing" us in her chair. We still laugh about it. i think it was just the final straw for that poor old thing. She finally snapped.

almacdonald said:
It's an airplane seat, not a first born child. If it were that big of a deal I'm sure she could have switched seats. I can understand how a person would be upset if a complete stranger took their assigned seat and left them to sit in their middle seat between 2 strangers, but someone in your travel party? If you all want to sit together someone has to sit in the middle. Unfortunately not every seat is a window or aisle seat. I like the window seat but my boyfriend and I switch back and forth cause he likes looking out the window too. I can look over him if i also want to see. Not a big deal. Bigger problems out there folks, bigger problems... Like public urination and neekid male anatomy. Keep em coming!

And why should her friends spend their entire vacation sitting in a hotel room? I would have gone to the parks too.

I just wanted to clarify my post. The airplane seat was a big deal to me; I'd know these people for 18 years at the time and they knew how excited I was to be flying for the first time. One of them purposely took my seat and when I mentioned it, they told me I could lean over, which isn't easy from across the aisle.

As far as staying in the room is concerned, I'd like to point out that I was so ill, I lost 14lbs in one week! I was too sick to stand and therefore couldn't reach the sink to get myself a glass of water. One day we were out of bottled water, so I asked one of them to get me some. They were in too much of a hurry to get to a park, so they decided not to bother. I was stuck in Orlando in July with no water for over 8 hours.

I didn't expect anyone to spend their whole holiday in the room with me, but I didn't eat for almost 7 days and had very little water. I was very ill and the most they offered to do was give me directions to a doctor on I drive (incidentally, the next time I went to Orlando, I discovered that the doctor was right across the street and taking me would have taken about 30 minutes of their time). I didn't want to ruin anyone's holiday, but I really needed their help.

I know some people think I'm being selfish expecting this much from people, but when someone loses over 10% of their body weight in 7 days, I would want to at least try to help them.

regarding misskrystal being left in her hotel room when she was sick by her friend, remember the pirates code "fall behind, get left behind." LOL.

misskrystal said:
I just wanted to clarify my post. The airplane seat was a big deal to me; I'd know these people for 18 years at the time and they knew how excited I was to be flying for the first time. One of them purposely took my seat and when I mentioned it, they told me I could lean over, which isn't easy from across the aisle.

As far as staying in the room is concerned, I'd like to point out that I was so ill, I lost 14lbs in one week! I was too sick to stand and therefore couldn't reach the sink to get myself a glass of water. One day we were out of bottled water, so I asked one of them to get me some. They were in too much of a hurry to get to a park, so they decided not to bother. I was stuck in Orlando in July with no water for over 8 hours.

I didn't expect anyone to spend their whole holiday in the room with me, but I didn't eat for almost 7 days and had very little water. I was very ill and the most they offered to do was give me directions to a doctor on I drive (incidentally, the next time I went to Orlando, I discovered that the doctor was right across the street and taking me would have taken about 30 minutes of their time). I didn't want to ruin anyone's holiday, but I really needed their help.

I know some people think I'm being selfish expecting this much from people, but when someone loses over 10% of their body weight in 7 days, I would want to at least try to help them.

I would have stayed there and taken care of you for the whole week 24 hours a day if you would have coughed that bug on me and I could have lost 10% of my body weight! :Pinkbounc Then I could go buy inappropriate see through shorts to wear around WDW (JUST KIDDING!!) Heck, I would have taken you to any doctor and changed your sheets twice a day. ;) You could have gotten your medication on a silver tray. :dance3:

I know I'm joking, but what they did to you was inconsiderate and dangerously wrong. Some people would rather continue "looking out for number one" than do the right thing and help others. The world would be a much better place if we all helped each other along instead of stamping other down to go where we want, IMO.

Corryn said:
Hey, Kerry, You're Lucky!!! At least you get a photo of yourself :blush: During our vacations, I give my family the speech (and I have to do so often) :
When I die and you guys need photos of me at my wake, or if I die when my grandchildren are too young to remember me, or if I die and you're old and you want to remember what I look like, you won't be able to, BECAUSE NO ONE TAKES ANY PICTURES OF ME!!!! Mommy takes all these pictures of you and daddy, and daddy doesn't even care either. That's probably because if I die before him, it will be convenient for him not to have any pictures of me around so he can get over me and get a girlfriend faster......I go on and on.. :rotfl2: .

Well, then my daughters will start snapping or my husband will, but it is ridiculous that I have to go to such measures. The Guilt Factor is one card that I don't use that often, but when I do, it works (with some reminding, of course!)

:rotfl: This had me remembering our trip in 2002 to WDW. We got our new digital camera before the trip and DH has always been the picture taker. He has a habit of taking pictures as I walk on ahead (he says I don't have to wait for him, that I can walk on and he'd catch up) Ok, no problem.
Well, when we got home and started viewing the pics I thought I was going to die! I've never seen my back in so many different angles! It was like..."Oh, look there's the castle and my butt!" "Oh, here's one of Space Mountain and my butt!" :lmao:

He got yelled at so bad. I'm not a small girl and the last thing I want to see is my rear. I told him he should of waited till I was out of the frame but, I guess I should of known to walk off to the side. Now I know and the last time we went to WDW that's what I did. I think he only managed to get one shot to me walking away. :rolleyes:

This is just rude rude rude. :confused3 I would hate to sit on a ride seat after her. EWWWW imagine how much higher those shorts ride when she sits! yuck :surfweb:

dominia_1979 said:
I think this says it all. She was at Animal Kingdom with see-through SHORT white shorts on...

I am a moderator on this board and every night of late I have at least 10 folks who have reported this post and want it closed or deleted.I do not have time to go through every page of this post.I think the thread as had a good run but is getting out of hand.So I am locking it.I will ask webmaster to review it and if webmaster feels I should not have closed it,Webmaster will reopen it. Thank You Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!