Have you ever been involved in a Lawsuit

I am right now. Civil Case, suing my neighbor for building a wall on my driveway. It's REALLY expensive and the system seems really unfair. Bonus: everything is also delayed right now due to COVID. We are talking 6-9 months delayed. This feels like it will never end. Crazy thing is everyone takes one look at the wall and says, oh yeah, that's not right. It just doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Yes. I slipped and fell and sprained my wrist walking into a Dunkin' Donuts many years ago. There was a huge puddle of water by the door from a broken ice machine. Everyone I knew was telling me to sue, so I did. I remember I was paid about a grand plus my medical expenses after the lawyer took his 40%.

Yup. We sued a Property MGMT Co for personal property damage as a result of their negligence. They had a lawyer. We didn't. We won. The best part was how shocked the judge was that I didn't have assistance writing our response to the defendant's motion. Both she and the defendant's atty complimented my legal writing ability, and the judge said I'd make an outstanding lawyer. While I was obviously happy to have won the case, those compliments really meant the world to me.

Yes, in Germany I was involved in an auto accident. Other driver admitted fault but I had to sue to get his insurance to repair my car. That is how they handle it. Went to a lawyer who filed the case and 2 weeks later we received a check. It was weird.

No, was threatened with one by our former neighbor over our trees (he didn't like the branches hanging over his fence, healthy trees, not touching the fence, just extending over into HIS yard). It never materialized.

I'm a recovering trial lawyer, so yes. :D

Personally, I was sued over a car accident I was in a few years ago. It ended up settling with nothing else happening beyond the complaint and answer.

I have received several "letters of intent to sue" and one actual lawsuit in my former career, all stemming from actions I took as a police officer. Typically, they were use of force complaints. The one big million dollar suit I was specifically named in involved an incident where I wasn't even present (my fellow officers prevailed)

One particular letter of intent that comes to mind was where we used a stun gun during a tussle. The letter of intent included pictures of burns suffered by the "victim". The burns strongly resembled cigarette burns and were in several places on the "victim''s" back. We sent the lawyer a picture of the stun gun with fixed probes 3 inches apart and we never heard from him again. I still can't get over the fact that someone would intentionally have themselves burned just to be able to sue.

I took my brother to court to get him evicted fro my mother's house and won.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!