Have you ever been involved in a Lawsuit

I was served almost three years to the day after an accident. While on a phone conference with their lawyer (a pretty famous one here that I despise to this day) and my insurance company I pointed out that THEY hit ME and if they sued I would counter sue. To which my insurance rep said, “Yeah!” 😂 Never heard another word about it.

Unfortunately a few times.

I think my favorite was because of my former neighbor. We had a real Hate/Terrified relationship that he started. He hated my plants which he managed to destroy, my car, the color of my house - just a plain neutral beige, he wanted it to be white. I found out I was being sued when I received an invitation to appear on Hot Bench, a show in Chicago and Judge Judy. He claimed I hit his car. Our driveways were against each other and he sued for me purposely hitting his car with my door and actually HITTING his car. He parked as close as humanly possible to my car every chance he got. He even went out and moved his car closer one time, we watched him. I took precautions to not even step in his driveway if I could avoid it.

I turned his claim over to my insurance company and after an investigation, and his failure to show up for 5 appointments to have his vehicle inspected, they found no damage and no fault on my part. He filed suit against me. My insurance company sent a lawyer to represent us thankfully. I love to take pictures and was able to rebut every single claim he made. The judge tossed the case, again in my favor. They wouldn't let me leave the courtroom for a half hour after he left for my protection. There was a real fear that he would try to harm me. My husband was a sheriff and his co-workers were aware of threats he had made against me before.

I lived in pure terror for 5 years, actually afraid to leave my house. I was thrilled when a For Sale sign went up on his lawn the next day. The new neighbors are lovely people and he even gave them issues buying his house right up to the day they signed the final papers. What a sad way to live your life.

I heard he moved to an HOA development so he should be happy there. Everyone has to conform to his way of viewing the world.

Once someone tried to sue me for hitting his car in the parking lot of my former employer. I was not there that day and there was no damage to my car, an investigation by his insurance company led to a prompt dismissal of his suit. (I did not hit his car, btw)

I am currently indirectly involved in a suit against my aunt to force her to settle my grandmother's estate. It has been almost three years since her passing and 6 months after my father suffered a massive stroke. I am helping my stepmother with the suit because she has her hands full caring for my dad.

This isn't really a lawsuit but I had to go to court and testify. Years ago a teenager in my neighborhood knocked on my door one morning and when I answered it said, "I've been watching you and want to have sex with you." As you can imagine I was shocked and went to forcefully close the door and he put his foot and arm in the way and tried to push his way in. I threw my body at the door and got it shut and locked and called 911. My son was 3 at the time and watching TV in the other room.

The police came and I gave a description and they took a report and said they would drive the neighborhood. In about 30 minutes they came back and asked me to identify him. They stood with him on the sidewalk and I stood on my porch per their instructions. It was definitely him as it was the same clothes and he had some distinguishing features.

Months later I was subpoenaed to court to testify. I was on the stand for an hour! They asked about my drinking habits, whether I routinely let men in and out of my house, if I wore a bikini while washing the car, how did I know my eyesight was good (last eye exam), was I ever under psychiatric treatment, etc. etc.! He ended up sentenced to juvie for a few months and I moved out of the area soon after. It was definitely a rude awakening about how innocent witnesses/victims are treated in our justice system!!!

Unfortunately a few times.

I think my favorite was because of my former neighbor. We had a real Hate/Terrified relationship that he started. He hated my plants which he managed to destroy, my car, the color of my house - just a plain neutral beige, he wanted it to be white. I found out I was being sued when I received an invitation to appear on Hot Bench, a show in Chicago and Judge Judy. He claimed I hit his car. Our driveways were against each other and he sued for me purposely hitting his car with my door and actually HITTING his car. He parked as close as humanly possible to my car every chance he got. He even went out and moved his car closer one time, we watched him. I took precautions to not even step in his driveway if I could avoid it.

I turned his claim over to my insurance company and after an investigation, and his failure to show up for 5 appointments to have his vehicle inspected, they found no damage and no fault on my part. He filed suit against me. My insurance company sent a lawyer to represent us thankfully. I love to take pictures and was able to rebut every single claim he made. The judge tossed the case, again in my favor. They wouldn't let me leave the courtroom for a half hour after he left for my protection. There was a real fear that he would try to harm me. My husband was a sheriff and his co-workers were aware of threats he had made against me before.

I lived in pure terror for 5 years, actually afraid to leave my house. I was thrilled when a For Sale sign went up on his lawn the next day. The new neighbors are lovely people and he even gave them issues buying his house right up to the day they signed the final papers. What a sad way to live your life.

I heard he moved to an HOA development so he should be happy there. Everyone has to conform to his way of viewing the world.
Oh my😳. Glad things are better now!

once. a former staff member named about 3 dozen managers, supervisors , the department we worked for and the government agency that we were all employed by. wanted millions and millions in punitive damages for invading her privacy. this was supposedly achieved by super secret hidden inside walls and ceilings high def cameras that had taped sexual encounters on her desk after work hours between her and another co-worker which she KNEW we would routinely gather to watch as a group. thing was-there were no cameras AND the co-worker was willing to take every lie detector test to proved he had never had so much as a passing professional comment go betwen he and the claimant. yup, she was kind of 'out there' and realy enjoyed governement consipricy books. one hearing and the judge tossed it out (btw-she had to represent herself b/c no attorney was willing to touch the case).

Oh my😳. Glad things are better now!

Thank you they are much better. It is horrible to be so afraid of a neighbor that you can't leave your house. That man had serious issues. Someone vandalized my husbands truck, broke out every single window. It was done with such fury. Most of our neighbors suspected he did it but none of the cameras caught it. The fact that my husband's duty coat and handcuffs were all left in the truck really made us suspect the neighbor but no proof or he would have been arrested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter