Have you bought a Verizon certified preowned iPhone?

bjscheel

(Avatar art by my daughter)
Looking at an iPhone 8 on Verizon's site that is "Great" condition certified preowned for DD. New 128gb is $500 and certified 256gb is $330 so it's tempting to try used. There are some reviews for other certified preowned that said the batteries weren't great and other issues but I know people that are satisfied don't tend to leave reviews as often. We could get the battery replaced if needed. Any experience here?

I have not, but we have bought refurbished directly through the Apple store. May be worth taking a look because they come with a full year warranty like you were buying new. Not sure if this is of help to you, but thought I would mention it.

We have also bought other devices through Apple refurb and have never had any problems with any of them. It is like buying brand new and they arrived within a day or two.

We bought a refurbished iPhone and had all kinds of issues with it. I know this isn't the case for everyone, but I personally wouldn't choose refurbished again. Not sure how refurbished compares to certified preowned.

I have not, but we have bought refurbished directly through the Apple store. May be worth taking a look because they come with a full year warranty like you were buying new. Not sure if this is of help to you, but thought I would mention it.

We have also bought other devices through Apple refurb and have never had any problems with any of them. It is like buying brand new and they arrived within a day or two.

Thanks, we did iPods that way, but right now Apple has only iPhone X for $600-$700, we could get a new 8 with more space for less than that.

My wife bought a pre-owned iphone 7 from Verizon a year or so ago. It has worked fine. Battery lasts as long as new phone phones we have had and she uses he phone quit a bit. I would buy pre-owned from them again.

My son had a bad iphone replaced by Verizon with a "refurbished" one. It would never connect to wifi. We took it to the Apple store and when they looked up the serial number it had been taken back by Verizon because of wifi issues. The Apple store replaced it for him with a new phone. I don't think I would buy one from them.

Last edited:

Well DH was skeptical of pre-owned so we bought a new iPhone 8. Maybe should have gone up to X but 8 is costly enough! DD spent all of yesterday getting it set up...not enough room on her laptop to backup & restore via iTunes, so she did with Bluetooth and the new phone started an hours long update that got interrupted and started over, then the apps took all the rest of the day/night to load. Hopefully she'll be set for a long time and won't have to do this again soon!

This may not be helpful because it wasn't Verizon, but we bought my daughter a refurb from eBay. It looked and operated as if it were new, including battery health. I will likely go the same route next time I need a new phone for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts