Have U Stayed At Hotel Near Port of Miami?

Silly23

Disney Art Guy
  • Recommendation.
  • Two nights before Disney Magic Cruise in February.
  • Fun for kiddos.

I've never been to Miami (apart from the airport), and I currently have the Intercontinental booked for an August cruise. Nice views there.

Was also looking at the Hyatt Regency in roughly the same area as the Intercontinental.

Anyone stayed in either of these?

We stayed at the Bentley Hotel on South Beach which isn't far away. Had a nice day by the pool and at at Joe's Stone Crabs the night before. Then a quick trip to the port

We also stayed at the Intercontinental in April. It is more adult oriented with restaurants and what not. It does have a very nice pool.

We stayed for 2 nights pre-cruise at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. We didn't have the kids with us, but it did have an nice outside pool. And the Concierge Lounge was nice to have.

Because part of our party is driving and part is flying, and because flights into Fort Lauderdale are significantly less expensive, we're staying at a Marriot near Fort Lauderdale airport with shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. It's a short-ish ride from the hotel to the port.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn which is right across from an outdoor mall (forgot the name) with lots of restaurants. This was about 199 a night a few years ago. We have also stayed at South beach at the South beach hotel. Lovely with a great roof pool and a private beach area but probably not kid friendly. This hotel was about 400 a night.

We stayed at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay and loved it. Short cab ride to that outdoor mall with all the restaurants and a bunch of cruisers took their shuttle to the port in the morning, short trip.

Haven’t stayed there for a cruise but I stay in the area for work quite often. Usually I select the Marriott or Doubletree at Biscayne, or the Hilton across the street. It has easy access to the shopping and restaurants at Bayside marketplace. But if you are only doing a short overnight stay the little mall between the two hotels has a couple of decent places to eat and a spot to get a few last minute items. (The emergency/expedited passports, 24 hours or less, are also right there.) The pools are decent for kids and super easy access to do a walk along the bay.

I've never been to Miami (apart from the airport), and I currently have the Intercontinental booked for an August cruise. Nice views there.

Was also looking at the Hyatt Regency in roughly the same area as the Intercontinental.

Anyone stayed in either of these?
We stayed at the Hyatt Regency once pre-cruise (and a Hyatt Place near the airport one time and a Hyatt House near the airport another time; our DS works for Hyatt corporate so we sometimes get a discount rate). We’re booked for two nights at the Regency in January prior to cruising on the Magic. We will finally have a day to explore the area a bit. Otherwise, we’ve always arrived one day pre-cruise, and in the mid to late afternoon, so all we’ve been interested in has been food and bed. The restaurant at the Hyatt had a decent menu and the room was comfortable.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency once pre-cruise (and a Hyatt Place near the airport one time and a Hyatt House near the airport another time; our DS works for Hyatt corporate so we sometimes get a discount rate). We’re booked for two nights at the Regency in January prior to cruising on the Magic. We will finally have a day to explore the area a bit. Otherwise, we’ve always arrived one day pre-cruise, and in the mid to late afternoon, so all we’ve been interested in has been food and bed. The restaurant at the Hyatt had a decent menu and the room was comfortable.
I was wondering if the Hyatt Regency had transportation from the airport and to the cruise terminal?

Thank you! Could you see the cruise ship from the hotel?
No. To be honest, I don’t know if any of the rooms at the Hyatt Regency would have a port view. Although the hotel is only a couple of blocks from Bayfront Park that is just across from the island where the cruise port is located, we never had a room on the side of the hotel that might have made that possible.

We stayed at the EB Hotel which had long term cruise parking for the EBTA. The DCL transfer bus picked us up right at the hotel.

We stayed at the Conrad Miami, but it was just for the night before the cruise. It was located right downtown and we enjoyed exploring the city on foot that evening.

We had an absolutely lovely stay at The Epic Miami. The staff was so nice, it felt like staying at a Disney Resort. There was a Whole Foods and a CVS at less than two minutes walk from the hotel. We had a wonderful bay view and could see cruise ships from our balcony in the morning. I think the cab drive was just 5-10 minutes to the Port.

If we get to cruise later this year, we’ll try Marriott Biscayne Bay... It seems to have great reviews and we found a pretty good cruising package including breakfast and port shuttle included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts