Have tween and teen boys given up on WDW?

soxrob

Earning My Ears
We are driving home from a week at WDW and stayed at Pop. We traveled with two 12 year old boys . One thing we all noticed many times was that our boys were the only boy tweens/teens around. None at the pool, on the bus, or in line for most attractions. Is the tween-teen boy a demographic that is not being addressed by Disney? Or is the tween/teen boy not interested in WDW? Our boys had a great time. One of the boys appreciated that the fast rides were not as intense as rides at a Six Flags. (I will note that the foreign tour groups did have teen boys for class trips or baseball tournaments at wws)

We are driving home from a week at WDW and stayed at Pop. We traveled with two 12 year old boys . One thing we all noticed many times was that our boys were the only boy tweens/teens around. None at the pool, on the bus, or in line for most attractions. Is the tween-teen boy a demographic that is not being addressed by Disney? Or is the tween/teen boy not interested in WDW? Our boys had a great time. One of the boys appreciated that the fast rides were not as intense as rides at a Six Flags. (I will note that the foreign tour groups did have teen boys for class trips or baseball tournaments at wws)

I have a feeling once Star Wars Land opens, the tween-teen boy demographic is going to jump.

Disney has such a massive focus on the "princesses" and younger children (preschool demographic) that many tween/teen boys are not very interested. My tween boys are still interested because we gear our trips around their interests. We spend a lot more time in Hollywood Studios (Star Tours, Tower of Terror, RnR), EPCOT (Test Track), and Animal Kingdom (Expedition Everest) than we do in the MK. They like the Mountains at the MK, but have no interest in Fantasyland at all. I do feel a lot of the marketing is toward preschoolers and banking on the princess draw - once they open Galaxy's Edge, the Tron lightcycle, and Guardians of the Galaxy rides, there will be more interest from the tween/teen boy sector.

We go every year, and my 15 year old son still enjoys it..I guess..he's miserable around us everywhere :confused3 so I'm only going by the fact that when kicking around the idea of going somewhere else next summer, he requested to go on our usual Universal/WDW trip. He was also there this past April on a school trip and LOVED it, as did all his friends. So the problem must be hanging with his parents and older sister.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!