Have I planned too much?

kks

Earning My Ears
First family trip to wdw with family. Our daughters are 6, 8, and 10. This is our tenative plans:
Sat. Arrive at Beach Club around 3:00 p.m. and get checked in.
MGM - Sci-fi
Sun. Breakfast with Cinderella
Magic Kingdom
Early dinner at Whispering Canyon
Magic Kingdom
Mon. Epcot
Lunch at Alfredo's
Epcot
Tues. Breakfast with Donald at AK
Animal Kingdom
Wed. Waterpark
Dinner at 'Ohana
Thrus. Seaworld or Universal? or Whatever
Mickey's BBQ ( girls want to dance with the characters)
Fri. Hollywood and Vine for breakfast
MGM
Sat. Breakfast at Cape May
Whatever
Does this sound like too much? Hubby and I were at wdw for our honeymoon 12 years ago and didn't have to make ps's. We felt we had to plan out where we were going to be each day for the ps's. I guess if we change our minds I can just call and cancel.

I think your plans look good to me. In fact it is structured much like my trip last Feb with my then-5yo sister and that trip worked out better than I could have hoped for. We are going the week before Easter (much more crowded) this year and are going to stick with the same basic plan.

I think it is good that you have one PS a day set up. This will allow you to eat where you really want to without much wait (if you are going at a crowded time). Plus you only have breakfast planned every other day or so which will allow the girls (you) to sleep in if you need to one morning. You also have the flexibility to cancel them if you need to. Your "whatever" day will give you a chance to go back to things you missed or want to do again.

I noticed that you plan to go to MGM for dinner your first night. Do you have AP's or UMP's? If not you will be using a full day's admission just for dinner. If you have UMP's you will be wasting a day on them when you go to SeaWorld or Universal. Assuming that you have park hoppers I would suggest dinner at either a hotel, the Boardwalk, or Downtown Disney instead.

Since you are staying at the BC, make sure you get in some swimming at Stormalong Bay. It's right there, it doesn't cost you any more and your girls will love it. In fact, you can take a break each day from Epcot and Disney Studios and come back to the BC and swim and rest a bit. Staying in a park all day is a bit tiring, especially if you plan to do the evening fireworks/show/parade. Hopping a bus to a park is so easy!! And you can walk to two of them (or take the boat).

If your park admission will allow it, change off your park in the afternoon or evening with a break each day back at your hotel. We usually hit one park in the AM and another in the PM after a break at the hotel. When the crowds get unbearable, it's time to hit the pool.

And since it is your daughters' first trip, I'd skip Universal/Seaworld and concentrate on the World. After the girls have seen a few parks, ask them what they'd like to do on Thursday. Maybe a return visit to ride one of the rides they didn't get to go on because of the crowds. Of the one that they really liked. This could be a bit overwhelming for them at first.

You might even rent a boat on the lake and take a spin around the lagoon. You've got Beaches and Cream right there at the BC, too. You've got some good meals planned. They should have fun.

I think you have a nice plan set up. I would say that since this is your first trip you may want to nix anything outside the World. I would leave your Thursday open for other things in the World that you all might want to try. For instance a shopping trip to Downtown Disney, Disney Quest has loads of interactive computer games, renting water sprites are lots of fun, and endless possilities of stuff to do.

Have fun planning and a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter